I cant believe the negativity of this board

Looks to me like you're the one with all the negativity. Why can't people vent on an internet forum?

It seems like the best place for immediate reactions.

I think the Bills clearly addressed this position enough over the last few years, and in an offseason where it was our front seven that needed some assistance, I don't see how you can be all high and dandy with some wasted late-round picks.

Im ecstatic!!!! This was a great draft, Lakers killed the Jazz last night, I spent the whole weekend on my patio on the beach at my new place, the Froch vs. Taylor fight last night was awesome, and I have a prime rib in the oven...couldnt have been a better weekend ;)

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks to me like you're the one with all the negativity. Why can't people vent on an internet forum?

It seems like the best place for immediate reactions.

I think the Bills clearly addressed this position enough over the last few years, and in an offseason where it was our front seven that needed some assistance, I don't see how you can be all high and dandy with some wasted late-round picks.

This is the whole problem with your statement. You have absolutely no idea what players will turn out. I wasn't thrilled with the d backs but they were staying true to their board, which is what good teams do.

So just because YOU think it was the wrong pick, doesn't mean it was. All of these guys were 6th and 7th rounders for a reason.

Im ecstatic!!!! This was a great draft, Lakers killed the Jazz last night, I spent the whole weekend on my patio on the beach at my new place, the Froch vs. Taylor fight last night was awesome, and I have a prime rib in the oven...couldnt have been a better weekend ;)

Who cares about the Lakers or your prime rib...the Bills draft still blew sweaty goat balls. If you tell me you got laid then maybe I will give ya a pass.

Actually the same reasons you are saying these guys could be good are the same ones that Florence has already proven to be very good at. Florence stunk last year because he isn't great at man to man coverage, especially on the outside where he often gets burnt. What he is good at, proven so, is playing inside and in zone. The guys we drafted were not known for being good either at the stuff Florence struggles at. But they are projected as possibly being able to play the kind of zone the Bills do. I'm not saying Florence is great. But I think he is going to be our 3rd or 4th CB this year depending on how well Youboty returns from his injury.

The problem people have is not Harris or Lankster, it's two guys at CB when we already have five guys ahead of them, as well as 2-3 other developmental players like Dustin Fox who we have signed at least twice, when the #6 and #7 have little chance of either of them making the team. One may. Both is almost impossible. So we're automatically throwing away a pick.

Lankster is going to ST...not DB, just watch

What has Florenced proved? Nothing other than he gets badly torched lined up as a corner...you have no idea how he will be as a nickel, you are assuming he wont get torched...so dont act like you have some profound knowledge of what he will be...no one knows how the switch will be, but we do know he wasnt very good at corner.

What are you talking about? Seriously. What are you talking about. No one knows how the switch to Nickel will be? More like, he played nickel his entire career, was quite good (good enough that the decision came to move him to CB), and no one knew how he'd be at CB.

My profound knowledge of him at nickel:

10 INTs in 4 years.

Im ecstatic!!!! This was a great draft, Lakers killed the Jazz last night, I spent the whole weekend on my patio on the beach at my new place, the Froch vs. Taylor fight last night was awesome, and I have a prime rib in the oven...couldnt have been a better weekend :lol:

;)

I agree 100%. I had an amazing weekend and enjoy the draft. Wasn't the flashy in the world but it filled our needs in a big way. This negativity just sucks. The Bills have a really good draft that national media members love (bc that's what a lot of people seem to care about) and people female dog about 6th and 7th round picks. It's hilarious.

This is the whole problem with your statement. You have absolutely no idea what players will turn out. I wasn't thrilled with the d backs but they were staying true to their board, which is what good teams do.

So just because YOU think it was the wrong pick, doesn't mean it was. All of these guys were 6th and 7th rounders for a reason.

Okay. I'm not going to disagree with anything you said. But, I'm reserving my right to not enjoy the late round picks. I'm not about to go crazy about it...but what better place to vent than the thread devoted to bitching about people bitching about late roudn picks on a bills internet forum.

Who cares about the Lakers or your prime rib...the Bills draft still blew sweaty goat balls. If you tell me you got laid then maybe I will give ya a pass.

lol...

He did get laid, and as long as he isnt on this stupid laptop after dinner is done he will get laid again tonigh and its good!

- signed his girl in a bikini

lol...

He did get laid, and as long as he isnt on this stupid laptop after dinner is done he will get laid again tonigh and its good!

- signed his girl in a bikini

hahaha, I showed my girl and she took my laptop...hilarious...I guess its safe to say I wont be on here later

I know. Why in the world would we want to draft a DT or OLB instead of another CB?

Becuase the cornerback is a better player and make actually make the roster. Bigger isn't always better and just becuase a DT or LB is available, doesn't mean he has a better chance to be a player on the team.

Based on what I read about them, both of the late CBs seems to have real potential. Remember at this stage of the draft you are just looking for guys with the best shot to develop. If we're lucky, one out of the two of them will pan out and become a starter and that's we'll be happy to have a solid nickle back in a pass happy division.

We won't know for a while, but this is looking like the best Bills draft in a long time.

Okay. I'm not going to disagree with anything you said. But, I'm reserving my right to not enjoy the late round picks. I'm not about to go crazy about it...but what better place to vent than the thread devoted to bitching about people bitching about late roudn picks on a bills internet forum.

Fair enough. But if bitching about 6th and 7th round picks is the biggest problem with the draft, it was a hell of a good draft. Agreed??? ;)

What are you talking about? Seriously. What are you talking about. No one knows how the switch to Nickel will be? More like, he played nickel his entire career, was quite good (good enough that the decision came to move him to CB), and no one knew how he'd be at CB.

My profound knowledge of him at nickel:

10 INTs in 4 years.

He has never played in our system in any place he has played...you may be the only one sold on him, and thats fine, but that doesnt change the fact that Corner and Youboty are unproven...or the fact that our DB's have been injury prone...

Becuase the cornerback is a better player and make actually make the roster. Bigger isn't always better and just becuase a DT or LB is available, doesn't mean he has a better chance to be a player on the team.

Dick, is that you??

;)

I agree 100%. I had an amazing weekend and enjoy the draft. Wasn't the flashy in the world but it filled our needs in a big way. This negativity just sucks. The Bills have a really good draft that national media members love (bc that's what a lot of people seem to care about) and people female dog about 6th and 7th round picks. It's hilarious.

Actually 90% of the board cheered and danced with joy and applauded the Bills front office for the first four-five rounds, with the expected exception of some posters who didnt like half of Maybin's game. Again, that was to be expected. But I have never seen a draft day so happy around here for the first day and beginning of the second day. It was only when they drafted the 3rd and then 4th DB out of 8 players that any numbers started to complain. And I personally think it was justified. It also doesn't negate the fact most people here are still thrilled overall with the draft.

Based on what I read about them, both of the late CBs seems to have real potential. Remember at this stage of the draft you are just looking for guys with the best shot to develop. If we're lucky, one out of the two of them will pan out and become a starter and that's we'll be happy to have a solid nickle back in a pass happy division.

We won't know for a while, but this is looking like the best Bills draft in a long time.

Agreed. After round 5, you are looking for the Best Player Available. I wasn't 100% thrilled with all dbs but teams don't let good linemen go until the 6th or 7th round without very good reasons.

6th/7th round guys on most teams are special teamers, or are outright cut on teams that are good...

sure there are a few here and there that develop into stars, but that's like finding the needle in the haystack...

6th and 7th round picks are to provide ST depth and are not expected to amount to much...

I want to go on record as saying this draft was uneventful and mediocre at best. Maybins only hope is to move him to OLB and then he won't be a total bust. All the other picks were bargain choices to save money , cause after all a cheaper team is easier to sell. The only hopeful prospect is TE Nelson. We passed on high quality players for players who were happy to be chosen so early. It is obvious by drafting all the DB's, that Dicky J is still going with the Tampa Two defense. Hey Dick lighter and faster doesn't equal effective. Before all you DBM haters jump my shizzle, I just want to remind that I called JP Losman a bust day one and I was right. I also said even after the 5-1 start last year that we would end up .500 or worse and again, I was right. Don't get me wrong ...I am tired of being right, I want this team to prove me wrong, but they won't. This draft was a bust and a waste of viewing time for me ...our scouts obviously don't know talent. Or their hands are tied by a miserly owner who doesn't want to spend good money for good players. 7-9 here we come....again!

:wallbash::lol:;)

He has never played in our system in any place he has played...you may be the only one sold on him, and thats fine, but that doesnt change the fact that Corner and Youboty are unproven...or the fact that our DB's have been injury prone...

Okay, I can't win with you. You're right, he never played in our system. And how many of our late-round CBs have? Look, the picks were unjustifiable, stop trying to defend it.

Fair enough. But if bitching about 6th and 7th round picks is the biggest problem with the draft, it was a hell of a good draft. Agreed??? ;)

Thats actually a great point...however I am not sold on Maybin. When we havent made the playoffs in 9 years our number 11 needs to be an every down impact player. They are talking situational with him. WTF?????

People like to forget that you can pick up great cornerbacks late in the draft, and we tend to pick cornerbacks very well. Therefore, the bills felt they can get the best value with their 6th and 7th round picks with cornerbacks.

OK, then please tell us why we had to use a #8 and a #11 on dbs? Why didn't they use these great skills and take other players at more vital positions with the early picks?

I want to go on record as saying this draft was uneventful and mediocre at best. Maybins only hope is to move him to OLB and then he won't be a total bust. All the other picks were bargain choices to save money , cause after all a cheaper team is easier to sell. The only hopeful prospect is TE Nelson. We passed on high quality players for players who were happy to be chosen so early. It is obvious by drafting all the DB's, that Dicky J is still going with the Tampa Two defense. Hey Dick lighter and faster doesn't equal effective. Before all you DBM haters jump my shizzle, I just want to remind that I called JP Losman a bust day one and I was right. I also said even after the 5-1 start last year that we would end up .500 or worse and again, I was right. Don't get me wrong ...I am tired of being right, I want this team to prove me wrong, but they won't. This draft was a bust and a waste of viewing time for me ...our scouts obviously don't know talent. Or their hands are tied by a miserly owner who doesn't want to spend good money for good players. 7-9 here we come....again!

:wallbash::lol:;)

Well judging by your posting history, the fact you don't like the draft, makes me feel 100% better about it. :wallbash:

We will see come season time...I hope he turns it around as I want the Bills to do well...but he was terrible last year and is a big question mark...I think he has potential as he was not too bad in SD, but he was awful last year so I am not sold on him. We got a guy in the SIXTH round that was very good value where we got him.

So, we have a 3rd DB in Florence with question marks, and two guys behind him with quesiton marks...and all 3 of them have had trouble with injuries...so why exactly do you have a problem with a great value pick in the 6th? Nothing is certain about Youboty, Corner or Florence...

Well said!

People like to forget that you can pick up great cornerbacks late in the draft, and we tend to pick cornerbacks very well. Therefore, the bills felt they can get the best value with their 6th and 7th round picks with cornerbacks.

Tell me a DB we picked well in the Dick J / Marv Levy era. Remember, Mckelvin is unproven and could still pan out to be a bust. Name another steal our brain trusts got in the draft. ;)

Okay, I can't win with you. You're right, he never played in our system. And how many of our late-round CBs have? Look, the picks were unjustifiable, stop trying to defend it.

I just dont understand why you are so sold on our DB's behind McKelvin and McGee? Our DB's have shown to be hurt often for one...

And all you do is discuss one guy, Florence...what about Corner and Youboty? Youboty cant stay healthy...looks promising, but keeps getting hurt and hasnt proven anything...Corner has proven even less.

What happens if McGee or Leodis get hurt? We would get toasted with Florence on the outside...

Again, I will ask you one more time since you yet to answer it...how exactly are we set at CB when 3 of our 5 guys have question marks and the unit as a whole seems to frequently get hurt?

Are you going to be pissed if Casey beats out Corner or Youboty and is a better player just because he was drafted as a DB? I mean, seriously...how do you know he wont make this team better?

Again, it was a SIXTH round pick who may be better than a couple guys ahead of him on our roster...so whats the big deal?

OK, then please tell us why we had to use a #8 and a #11 on dbs? Why didn't they use these great skills and take other players at more vital positions with the early picks?

They used a #8 on a SAFETY...anyone who confuses a safety with a corner doesnt know what they are talking about...they are completely different positions and thats as ignorant as saying a TE and WR are the same position or a FB and RB are the same...or a Kicker and Punter are the same...

Thats actually a great point...however I am not sold on Maybin. When we havent made the playoffs in 9 years our number 11 needs to be an every down impact player. They are talking situational with him. WTF?????

I was kinda of with you about Maybin. He wasn't my first choice, but the more I've talked to people (PSU alums) and read about him, I like it. He's 21 and has the fastest first step in the draft. He can be used as a LB on run situations and DE in passing situations. Kelsay, despite the hate here, is a very solid DE against the run. also, when Dick Jauron was in Chicago, he had a similar player in Roosevelt Colvin, who had back to back seasons of 10 + sacks. Maybin is a way better overall athlete than Colvin.

I think if Maybin could get 8 or more sacks in his rookie season, it will be a great pick. He has a chance to develop into something really special.

Kelsay and Denney are actually pretty good agains the run for a DE, so I can see them in there on short yardage and running downs...and Maybin in there for the passing downs until Maybin can elevate his play against the run

Well judging by your posting history, the fact you don't like the draft, makes me feel 100% better about it. ;)

You obviously haven't read my posting history. But never fear biscuit, I will be there to remind you how right I am when they go breasts up. :lol: Man, I'm tired of being right ! :wallbash: P.S. Like you know anything about talent, Schopp and the Bulldog is how you do your scouting.

We just plugged major holes in our team...look at our draft:

Maybin - best pass rushing prospect in draft

Wood - arguably top 1 or 2 C/G in draft

Byrd - one of the top S prospects in our draft

Levitre - Top G prospect in this draft

Nelson - one of top 2 or 3 TE prospects in draft (and we got him in 4th round)

Nic Harris - a very promising LB prospect

Cary Harris - Great value at DB (where we are not as deep as you all want to believe with the injury problem we have at DB every year) who was projected as a 3rd round prospect that we got in the 6th

Ellis Lankster - ST star in college and a 7th round pick...

So, because you want to whine about 2 DB's in 6th and 7th, you want to completely discredit the rest of the draft? That is the dumbest thing I have seen on this board...

We got TREMENDOUS value in this draft and potentially 5 starters...only time will tell how it all works out, but we did very well in the draft based on what is known about the players right now and the fact we chose 2 DB's too end the day does NOT change that...

We got FOOTBALL PLAYERS today...guys who are gamers...on paper, this is the best draft we have had in a very long time and one of the best of any team this year...

I have to admit that I was very upset at the selection of all the DB'S that the Bills made this weekend. But when I ..sat down and read more info on them I guesse the picks made more sense. Maybin Iam a littel worried about because of his limited play but I think he will be ok. I did like the o- lineman they took even though Eric Wood looks like the curly haired elf in "The Year Without A Santa Clause". The TE was 4th rd steal.Two of the db's are projected to be a S and a LB and the other two are for depth and ST's.So if you step back and look at the big picture this could be a very nice draft but time will tell. ;):lol:

I was kinda of with you about Maybin. He wasn't my first choice, but the more I've talked to people (PSU alums) and read about him, I like it. He's 21 and has the fastest first step in the draft. He can be used as a LB on run situations and DE in passing situations. Kelsay, despite the hate here, is a very solid DE against the run. also, when Dick Jauron was in Chicago, he had a similar player in Roosevelt Colvin, who had back to back seasons of 10 + sacks. Maybin is a way better overall athlete than Colvin.

I think if Maybin could get 8 or more sacks in his rookie season, it will be a great pick. He has a chance to develop into something really special.

I sure hope your right! I guess time will tell.

Kelsay and Denney are actually pretty good agains the run for a DE, so I can see them in there on short yardage and running downs...and Maybin in there for the passing downs until Maybin can elevate his play against the run

No one on the bills is good against the run. I am serious...our D has been like swiss chees for years. And I love watching Ellison getting barreled over!

Kelsay is light in the ass. He was taken as a speed rusher. He gets tossed around like a frisbee on running plays. Tell us you were kidding, please.

No one on the bills is good against the run. I am serious...our D has been like swiss chees for years. And I love watching Ellison getting barreled over!

I mean for a DE, they are not too bad in run defense as DE typically are not all that effective agaisnt the run in todays NFL as many of them are now speed rushers...