I cant believe the negativity of this board

We just plugged major holes in our team...look at our draft:

Maybin - best pass rushing prospect in draft

Wood - arguably top 1 or 2 C/G in draft

Byrd - one of the top S prospects in our draft

Levitre - Top G prospect in this draft

Nelson - one of top 2 or 3 TE prospects in draft (and we got him in 4th round)

Nic Harris - a very promising LB prospect

Cary Harris - Great value at DB (where we are not as deep as you all want to believe with the injury problem we have at DB every year) who was projected as a 3rd round prospect that we got in the 6th

Ellis Lankster - ST star in college and a 7th round pick...

So, because you want to whine about 2 DB's in 6th and 7th, you want to completely discredit the rest of the draft? That is the dumbest thing I have seen on this board...

We got TREMENDOUS value in this draft and potentially 5 starters...only time will tell how it all works out, but we did very well in the draft based on what is known about the players right now and the fact we chose 2 DB's too end the day does NOT change that...

We got FOOTBALL PLAYERS today...guys who are gamers...on paper, this is the best draft we have had in a very long time and one of the best of any team this year...

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You do realize that we have an abundance of CBs, making it possibly our most depthed position (thanks to the addition of Florence), right?

OK, I'm going to be "that guy"..."most depthed"??? ;)

I just don't see the point in getting all fired up about 6th and 7th rounders. It's not like the Bills drafted a fictitious player, like the Sabres did.

You do realize that we have an abundance of CBs, making it possibly our most depthed position (thanks to the addition of Florence), right?

You do realize Florence sucks...you do realize Florence, Corner and Youboty are frequently hurt? You do realize we only drafted 2 CB's, one of which is to play ST most likely and not CB...

So you are really whining over one DB, thats whats so absurd and funny about all the whiners...one CB who could very well beat our Corner and Florence and UPGRADE us in division and confernce that has to contend with the Pats and Indy...and it was in the SIXTH ROUND!!!!!!!

I'm OK with the draft as a whole, but I still think it's valid to B word about about taking TWO corners late.

It's not about them refusing to fill holes, it's that they just resign themselves to the fact that they'll have problems at corner next offseason. They could have signed Greer. They could extend McGee and or Youboty. Instead, they just seem content to let good players walk away and replace them with draft picks that are a crapshoot.

I'm OK with the draft as a whole, but I still think it's valid to B word about about taking TWO corners late.

It's not about them refusing to fill holes, it's that they just resign themselves to the fact that they'll have problems at corner next offseason. They could have signed Greer. They could extend McGee and or Youboty. Instead, they just seem content to let good players walk away and replace them with draft picks that are a crapshoot.

Let me see if I got this straight...you think we chose a 6th round DB and a 7th round DB to let McGee walk? Really? You really think we plan to replace McGee (who the FO already has said is a priority to resign) with late round DB's?

That is not why we took them...we took them because Corner and Youboty have proven nothing thus far other than that they have promise but also get hurt. Florence stunk bad last year...so how exactly are we just SET at DB like everyone wants to scream...

Was it our biggest need, no, but its the 6th and 7th round...and the guy in the 7th was almost certainly drafted to play ST or backup at the S position...

You do realize Florence sucks...

You can't be serious...You think a guy who is proven to be a very reliable nickel corner sucks? Meanwhile you're supporting a WVU DB, who will blatantly never even get the chance to play in any of the spots that FLorence has and will...

BINGO. I enjoy the draft, I just don't understand why we need to endure them wasting late round picks. There is no reason to consider this draft a HUGE success. If our DE fails we really ignored our front 7, which is something I thought we would have invested a lot more of our picks in.

Cary Harris - Great value at DB (where we are not as deep as you all want to believe with the injury problem we have at DB every year) who was projected as a 3rd round prospect that we got in the 6th and is potential ST star in the return game if needed.

So, because you want to whine about 2 DB's in 6th and 7th, you want to completely discredit the rest of the draft? That is the dumbest thing I have seen on this board...

We got TREMENDOUS value in this draft and potentially 5 starters...only time will tell how it all works out, but we did very well in the draft based on what is known about the players right now and the fact we chose 2 DB's too end the day does NOT change that...

We got FOOTBALL PLAYERS today...guys who are gamers...on paper, this is the best draft we have had in a very long time and one of the best of any team this year...

because 1/2 the people here thnk they actually work for an NFL team and the other wish they did. Like the scouts know nothing and the head coach makes all the decisions.

seriously, great draft, I get multiple DB's, last i checked, these guys get hurt a lot and you need to have plenty of options on the roster. You know one or two of these guys will end up on the practice squad.

and yes, people just love to complain

every draft pick is a crapshoot from #1 overall down..this was a great draft for the Bills I'm pumped and can't wait to see these 2 OL maulers..i hope they are as nasty as advertised..fit in great with butler such a nasty interior OL

You can't be serious...You think a guy who is proven to be a very reliable nickel corner sucks? Meanwhile you're supporting a WVU DB, who will blatantly never even get the chance to play in any of the spots that FLorence has and will...

BINGO. I enjoy the draft, I just don't understand why we need to endure them wasting late round picks. There is no reason to consider this draft a HUGE success. If our DE fails we really ignored our front 7, which is something I thought we would have invested a lot more of our picks in.

LOL...you clearly dont know much about Florence who was torched all year last year...in fact, just about every news source reporting it hoped he would not be starting for us or we would be in trouble...

Maybe he turns it around, but until he does his most recent body of work is what I am going on...he is good depth, but I think Carey, Youboty or maybe even Corner (or probably all of them) will beat him out...

LOL...you clearly dont know much about Florence who was torched all year last year...in fact, just about every news source reporting it hoped he would not be starting for us or we would be in trouble...

Maybe he turns it around, but until he does his most recent body of work is what I am going on...he is good depth, but I think Carey, Youboty or maybe even Corner (or probably all of them) will beat him out...

The Bills paid him 6.6 million for two years with another 700K in incentives to be a back-up and slot CB in nickel and dime formations, which he is very good at. They obviously think highly of him.

Cary Harris - Great value at DB (where we are not as deep as you all want to believe with the injury problem we have at DB every year) who was projected as a 3rd round prospect that we got in the 6th and is potential ST star in the return game if needed.

I agree, 5 starters in one draft is excellent, They all know how to take the ball away. Last year we lacked takeaways. The Of. line will play with heart fro a change and TE has good hands.

The Bills paid him 6.6 million for two years with another 700K in incentives to be a back-up and slot CB in nickel and dime formations, which he is very good at. They obviously think highly of him.

to be fair, how much did the bills front office decide to pay kelsay and denney?

Yup. Welcome to the asylum.

Cary Harris - Great value at DB (where we are not as deep as you all want to believe with the injury problem we have at DB every year) who was projected as a 3rd round prospect that we got in the 6th

People like to forget that you can pick up great cornerbacks late in the draft, and we tend to pick cornerbacks very well. Therefore, the bills felt they can get the best value with their 6th and 7th round picks with cornerbacks.

We will see come season time...I hope he turns it around as I want the Bills to do well...but he was terrible last year and is a big question mark...I think he has potential as he was not too bad in SD, but he was awful last year so I am not sold on him. We got a guy in the SIXTH round that was very good value where we got him.

So, we have a 3rd DB in Florence with question marks, and two guys behind him with quesiton marks...and all 3 of them have had trouble with injuries...so why exactly do you have a problem with a great value pick in the 6th? Nothing is certain about Youboty, Corner or Florence...

I think you are living in a fantsay world. The Bills havent had a good draft in years and this one wasnt any different. How many db's can one team have? If all these players are getting injured year in and year out maybe we need to look at the trainer. We didnt nearly have the injuries to the extent you say under good ole Rusty. Enjoy the 3-13 season because with the lack of talent, the crap Tampa 2 and The awful Dick Jauron coachin we wont even be mediocre. Write it down...another losing season and less wins than last year!

;)

I can't tell you how many years I've been begging for them to get 1) a pass rushing DE, 2) a Center, and 3) a recieving TE. After years and years of neglect, those things have FINALLY been addressed. We obviously don't yet know how these guys will turn out, but Bills fans should be feeling encouraged today...the Bills have delivered highly-rated prospects to fill needs we've had for far too long.

Its too bad they had to finish the weekend the way they did, and leave a bad taste in our mouths. Still an encouraging weekend all in all.

You might think everybody is negative but the franchise has said 7-9 is not good enough and the fans expect a playoff run. With that being said who is your LT? Do you have a starting SAM linebacker on the roster? Is anybody on your offensive line going to play the same position as last year? How can you make the playoffs running a franchise this way?

I can live with the late round db's. The USC player looks like a steal. The WVU player reeks of being the "sleeper" pick some scout was sitting on. My guess is that they saw no lineman that they felt strong about that they couldn't get as a UDFA. I would think an OT undrafted would want to give Buffalo a try.

I think you are living in a fantsay world. The Bills havent had a good draft in years and this one wasnt any different. How many db's can one team have? If all these players are getting injured year in and year out maybe we need to look at the trainer. We didnt nearly have the injuries to the extent you say under good ole Rusty. Enjoy the 3-13 season because with the lack of talent, the crap Tampa 2 and The awful Dick Jauron coachin we wont even be mediocre. Write it down...another losing season and less wins than last year!

You are a joke

You do realize Florence sucks...you do realize Florence, Corner and Youboty are frequently hurt? You do realize we only drafted 2 CB's, one of which is to play ST most likely and not CB...

So you are really whining over one DB, thats whats so absurd and funny about all the whiners...one CB who could very well beat our Corner and Florence and UPGRADE us in division and confernce that has to contend with the Pats and Indy...and it was in the SIXTH ROUND!!!!!!!

we drafted 3 corners...rd 2,6, 7.

You do realize Florence sucks...you do realize Florence, Corner and Youboty are frequently hurt?

No offense but; the guy bags 6.6 mil ~ 7.3 mil over the next 2 seasons. Also it has been stated that Florence, Corner and Youboty are going to be competing over the Nickelback position.

The injury argument is legit I'd say; however some of these dbs we just drafted aren't without injury issues either.

In the end we'll see how it will all pan out during the pre-season but we'd better have an awesome secondary this year going into the season.

All things considered, if all players work out, we had an awesome draft.

Let me see if I got this straight...you think we chose a 6th round DB and a 7th round DB to let McGee walk? Really? You really think we plan to replace McGee (who the FO already has said is a priority to resign) with late round DB's?

That is not why we took them...we took them because Corner and Youboty have proven nothing thus far other than that they have promise but also get hurt. Florence stunk bad last year...so how exactly are we just SET at DB like everyone wants to scream...

Was it our biggest need, no, but its the 6th and 7th round...and the guy in the 7th was almost certainly drafted to play ST or backup at the S position...

I think they took them hoping one or both of them would pan out in case they can't re-sign McGee, yes. Youboty is injury prone, but he had finally turned the corner last season before he went down. I don't remember Corner getting hurt. Florence is a capable #3 or #4 that probably won't make the roster now.

I understand the Bills draft players for their special teams ability. But you can't have 45 players covering kickoffs.

Good special teams performers can be found as UDFAs, too. You don't have to devote 2 to 4 draft picks to that cause every friggin' year.

I never said we were set at DB. And in the grand scheme of things, it's a very minor thing to B word about (the taking two CBs with the last two picks), but it's questionable nonetheless.

You know whats funny? You just proved right there that you don't have a clue what you're talking about. I called Florence a reliable nickel. He started last year, and got torched yes, but he's not playing the corner position. We'll see him covering that slot reciever, and hell be quite good at playing zone coverage. There is no way he starts for us, but it will be exciting to see him Reggie Corner and Ashton Youboty get some playing time in passing situations. Clearly with all that depth the late roudn picks were useless.

You know whats funny? You just proved right there that you don't have a clue what you're talking about. I called Florence a reliable nickel. He started last year, and got torched yes, but he's not playing the corner position. We'll see him covering that slot reciever, and hell be quite good at playing zone coverage. There is no way he starts for us, but it will be exciting to see him Reggie Corner and Ashton Youboty get some playing time in passing situations. Clearly with all that depth the late roudn picks were useless.

I agree completely. Those late picks were as if we didn't even have them. . . totally worthless.

because 1/2 the people here thnk they actually work for an NFL team and the other wish they did. Like the scouts know nothing and the head coach makes all the decisions.

seriously, great draft, I get multiple DB's, last i checked, these guys get hurt a lot and you need to have plenty of options on the roster. You know one or two of these guys will end up on the practice squad.

and yes, people just love to complain

we all know the Bills havent been in the playoffs in 9 years. Next year will make 10. The Bills organization is a joke. They got rid of a pick in 3 and in 4 to move up in 2 for a CB That we didnt need.

NO, BYRD IS A SAFETY! Been said by Byrd, FO, Media, etc etc...how is this so hard for some to understand?

Looks to me like you're the one with all the negativity. Why can't people vent on an internet forum?

It seems like the best place for immediate reactions.

I think the Bills clearly addressed this position enough over the last few years, and in an offseason where it was our front seven that needed some assistance, I don't see how you can be all high and dandy with some wasted late-round picks.

Looks to me like you're the one with all the negativity. Why can't people vent on an internet forum?

It seems like the best place for immediate reactions.

I think the Bills clearly addressed this position enough over the last few years, and in an offseason where it was our front seven that needed some assistance, I don't see how you can be all high and dandy with some wasted late-round picks.

Well said!

Dude, he is projected as the THIRD DB meaning he would more than likely see some time at corner...

What has Corner proved? Nothing...he is promising, but he hasnt proved anything yet...

What has Youboty proved? That he cant stay healthy...thats it. I actually like him and his potential, but there is nothing certain about him or that he can even stay healthy...

What has Florenced proved? Nothing other than he gets badly torched lined up as a corner...you have no idea how he will be as a nickel, you are assuming he wont get torched...so dont act like you have some profound knowledge of what he will be...no one knows how the switch will be, but we do know he wasnt very good at corner.

So, I ask you again, how is taking a steal in the SIXTH round to compete with 3 guys who cant stay healthy and are MOSTLY unproven?

You are a fool if you think our DB's have no question marks...

We will see come season time...I hope he turns it around as I want the Bills to do well...but he was terrible last year and is a big question mark...I think he has potential as he was not too bad in SD, but he was awful last year so I am not sold on him. We got a guy in the SIXTH round that was very good value where we got him.

So, we have a 3rd DB in Florence with question marks, and two guys behind him with quesiton marks...and all 3 of them have had trouble with injuries...so why exactly do you have a problem with a great value pick in the 6th? Nothing is certain about Youboty, Corner or Florence...

Actually the same reasons you are saying these guys could be good are the same ones that Florence has already proven to be very good at. Florence stunk last year because he isn't great at man to man coverage, especially on the outside where he often gets burnt. What he is good at, proven so, is playing inside and in zone. The guys we drafted were not known for being good either at the stuff Florence struggles at. But they are projected as possibly being able to play the kind of zone the Bills do. I'm not saying Florence is great. But I think he is going to be our 3rd or 4th CB this year depending on how well Youboty returns from his injury.

The problem people have is not Harris or Lankster, it's two guys at CB when we already have five guys ahead of them, as well as 2-3 other developmental players like Dustin Fox who we have signed at least twice, when the #6 and #7 have little chance of either of them making the team. One may. Both is almost impossible. So we're automatically throwing away a pick.

Some of you people just love to be miserable.

It was a very good draft. Stop whining.

Tell all of us that half way through the season when dick has that dumb look on his face, ralph is in the press box counting the tax payers money he put in his pockets and we are sitting at best 2-6!