Official Draft Thread

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i hear ya, but dont let it get you so upset. its not worth it. maybe if the other 31 teams werent picking players too, it would be easier on all of us. but seriously, after Pettigrew, you think there is a TE worth a 2nd round pick? And the top LBs were all off the board too.

maybin is going to be a wild card, but im going to try to stay positive on him until he proves otherwise. he's a Bill and i'm a Bills fan.

i understand the DB pick was a "shock" but have a beer and get over it. it was a great first day for us and the Bills drafted like they havent drafted in years. concentrated on the trenches.

and yeah, its a bonus pick. we had 4 picks in the first 3 rounds. and we used them on a pass rusher, the best Center, and the top rated Guard who is versatile enough to back up at tackle too. think of that as our first 3, and the ballhawk is a bonus...

I am pleased with the OL selections. I wanted us to take Wood and knew we'd end up with Levitre after hearing all of the reports on how much Buffalo liked him. I just hate the fact that Casey, Coffman, Cook, Nelson, and Ingram will all likely be gone by the next pick we have. If we go TE in the 4th, all of the quality LB's will likely be gone. We'll be stuck taking another guy like Ellison :huh: I just think the trade hand-cuffed us a bit. We still need another DT, better than Williams, McCargo, and Johnson. Happy with the OL help, disappointed with the rest.

I still can't get down with this. I don't care if he never catches a pass. He is THAT dangerous returning kicks and worth it to me.

Now, get a 4th for Kelsay and I will do a backflip. Especially if you trade our 4ths for Scheffler and Henderson.

its not just about roscoe's talent, its about personnel. we have McKelvin, Jackson, and now Byrd to return punts. most of the time, teams kicked away from him anyways.

if you can get a 4th for him and trade our 2 4ths for Scheffler, wouldnt that be worth it?

we got our pass rusher today, but he is only going to rotate in. we'll probably have to keep kelsay around to play stout versus the run. Parrish would make more sense to deal. we have lots of WRs and Returners. and if anyone wants to call Parrish the "best returner in the league" then it is only because the REAL best returner is sitting behind him in McKelvin.

Deal Parrish while he is still worth something, and replace him with the NEW best returner in the league :huh:

I am pleased with the OL selections. I wanted us to take Wood and knew we'd end up with Levitre after hearing all of the reports on how much Buffalo liked him. I just hate the fact that Casey, Coffman, Cook, Nelson, and Ingram will all likely be gone by the next pick we have. If we go TE in the 4th, all of the quality LB's will likely be gone. We'll be stuck taking another guy like Ellison :huh: I just think the trade hand-cuffed us a bit. We still need another DT, better than Williams, McCargo, and Johnson. Happy with the OL help, disappointed with the rest.

oh well, enjoy your saturday night man. if nothing else, the Bills just revamped their Oline in ways we've been begging for for years.

I don't think we need a pass catching TE. A TE that can play smashmouth would make me happy. One that can pick-up blitzes and can open a path for our running backs. If he can slip out into coverage and catch one now and then, thats just a bonus. When you have a receiving corp like ours why does he have to be a pass catcher?

oh well, enjoy your saturday night man. if nothing else, the Bills just revamped their Oline in ways we've been begging for for years.

And you do the same my friend :huh: Hopefully Langston, Chambers, and Bell hold up at OT next year. We definitely have the guys to handle the inside :censored:

1. Enough of the "trade Roscoe" nonsense. Replace that with "put Roscoe in motion on 1st and 10 and 3rd and 5" and we will all be much happier.

2. Byrd is the all-pac 10 1st team, led the league in picks the last two years...that's a big passing league and and if he's the best at stopping them, then he's definitely worth the pick.

3. All "draft the fat guy" people should be happy. Hopefully they will curb their bitching...somewhat.

Maybe the Bills already got their blocking TE? :huh:

From Bills website about Levitre

“He’s talented and a good technician,” said Bills scout Rashaan Curry. “At Oregon State he played both guards and both tackles and even a little bit at tight end. He’s a blue collar guy that’s really smart and into football.”

Get used to hearing, "No. 66 is reporting as an eligible receiver"?

its not just about roscoe's talent, its about personnel. we have McKelvin, Jackson, and now Byrd to return punts. most of the time, teams kicked away from him anyways.

if you can get a 4th for him and trade our 2 4ths for Scheffler, wouldnt that be worth it?

we got our pass rusher today, but he is only going to rotate in. we'll probably have to keep kelsay around to play stout versus the run. Parrish would make more sense to deal. we have lots of WRs and Returners. and if anyone wants to call Parrish the "best returner in the league" then it is only because the REAL best returner is sitting behind him in McKelvin.

Deal Parrish while he is still worth something, and replace him with the NEW best returner in the league :huh:

Doc, I have to respectfully disagree with that last line. I know - KNOW - we have a surfeit of actual and potential starters at wide receiver next season. But we only have ONE of the BEST punt returners in the league. Why look for the NEW best returner when you HAVE him under contract? That man is singularly responsible for the Bills' offense starting on the 38 - 45 yard line after each punt. Before you hustle the man's skinny little butt onto the trading block, think about how you're going to feel as the Bills start each drive at the 16 yard line. Over and over and over. Say it with me....help me here....."Three and out, and the Bills are once again kicking from deep in their own territory.........."

#11- AARON MAYBIN....addressed an area of need....high risk.. not thrilled with this pick..... wanted Pettigrew or Oher.

#28- ERIC WOOD.... i love this pick....tough, physical, aggressive.

#42- JAIRUS BYRD.......bit of a reach.....will replace Ko Simpson at Safety....thats a plus. (Barwin & E. Brown on board)does NOT compare with Roscoe Parrish in Return game.

#51- ANDY LEVITRE....i love this pick....great trade with Dallas to move up..... very strong, powerful & nasty.

two #1's and two #2's make this a STRONG draft. IF Maybin pans out it's an "A".....right now i'd give a "B".

i don't see a quality Tight End avail in 4th......look for the Bill's to make a trade......maybe Denvers Scheffler.