Peters in Philly today

Unbelievable how this organization continues to spin its wheels. Simply incredible. After years of having a horrid o-line, they finally unearth the premier left tackle in the game, only to give him away in his prime and start from scratch. They are so unbelievably pathetic. I don't understand why I pour my time and dollars into such an inept organization, from top to bottom they're just rotten and stupid.

Also, you watch: the Bills will find a way to get hosed on the trade. They're dealing with a class-A organization that knows how to make deals for itself.

really?

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope we get what we want out of the deal. Maybe both of Philly's 1st Round picks <_<

If they get Philly's two first round picks straight up then, even though I don't want him to go, it would be a great trade. Any way they can get those two picks would be great. Like Philly's two picks for our third and Peters.

The Buffalo Bills are the KC Royals of the NFL. "We have to pay how much for top talent???? Eh let's just trade him, we're just a farm team anyways. So what if our defense will still have Kelsay as a starting DE and Edwards' blindside will be protected by a clueless rookie."

Stroud, Evans, TO and Dockery would seem to blow that argument away.

Nope. He wants to be where the money is. And Philly will pay him. And they spend their money far more wisely than the Bills, so what does that tell you?

It tells me that in 2008 Philly went 9-6-1.

It tells me that in 2007 they went 8-8

It tells me that in 2006 they went 10-6

How do you know it's all about money for him?

Just read on the board for BuffaloBills.com that WIP (I think a radio station) is reporting the trade is for Philly's 28th pick in the first round and a fourth round pick.

If this is true, the front office should be fired immediately. We will have the worst offensive line in the NFL.

If that were true we would have signed Lee Evans, now would we? I say good riddence to total me-first player.

PTR

They are all me-first players. Every one. Peters just didn't handle the PR well. You and I are me-first, too. This is Peters's job.

The important question is what this does to the two teams. The Eagles will get a guy who will be one of the two or so premiere tackles in the game for years, a guy who requires no help on that side, a guy who the team doesn't need to slide the line over for.

The Bills will take a shot.

Sigh. We can hope it will work out well.

A month ago I was in the 'keep-Peters-at-any-cost' boat. The last couple weeks have soured me on him, and am happy we are getting something good in return. He's just not worth $11MM per year. That's almost a tenth of the salary cap, and we don't have a franchise quarterback contract on the books yet. It's a smart move.

That being said - I will be livid if we draft Andre Smith.

PS - Don't be surprised if it's a 1st and a 4th.

Stayed tuned.

If this trade goes through, I would be shocked if the Bills get even one 1st round pick out of the Eagles. Why? Because the Eagles will take advantage of the usual fact that Buffalo won't or can't pay Peters his money, while the Eagles will.

I suppose the Bills should demand one of the Eagles two first round picks in this years' draft, and I really hope they do, don't get me wrong here! But this is just as mcuh of a good old fashioned salary dump as it is a supposed trade for "value", and the Eagles will be negotiating that fact down the circle jerks throats till the cows come home.

I said it right from day one of Peters' hold out last season. The jerks should have paid the kid his money and let him become the force I know he has the talent to become for the next 10 years or so. We'll see how this works out for Philly and Buffalo.

For both their #1's and a swap of 3rd's I'd make the deal. He's a distraction and obviously will only keep festering his displeasure in the lockerroom. Better to get something like this than to get him at only 50-60% (that's about what he played at last year). I think the Bills are more than a year off anyway...and I think the T.O signing (if only for a year) was strictly for PR reasons. Of course by signing T.O this year the Bills do get to see how the team would do with a true #1 and #2 WR. If it works and they can resign T.O great...if it works and they can't...well, find another WR. If it doesn't work, well it was only a year of him. There's pluses to all of this madness...you just have to look for it.

Agreed. The guy doesn't want to be in Buffalo, period.

why is it that every time a player gets traded out of Buffalo, people say this ^?

When a player gets traded, the TEAM trades the PLAYER.

Not picking on you personally, just something I've noticed.

Not much new info that we don't already know, but it's catching on in the mainstream media:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4077093

The Philadelphia Eagles are close to working out a trade with the Buffalo Bills to acquire left tackle Jason Peters, multiple sources said Friday.

Terms of the Eagles' proposal are not known, but Peters was asked to fly to Philadelphia today to meet with team officials. The Eagles have 12 picks, including two first-round selections, in next weekend's NFL draft; it is believed they might have to give up a first-round pick -- or more -- to acquire him.

Exactly. So Philly, a team that makes the playoffs every year, thinks the guy is worth his asking price as well as a #1 and more. But we don't think he's worth that much and haven't been in the playoffs in a decade.

The entire thread begins and ends with your post here KFBD. Philly's front office is plain better than Buffalo's. And it's not even close.

They are all me-first players. Every one. Peters just didn't handle the PR well. You and I are me-first, too. This is Peters's job.

The important question is what this does to the two teams. The Eagles will get a guy who will be one of the two or so premiere tackles in the game for years, a guy who requires no help on that side, a guy who the team doesn't need to slide the line over for.

The Bills will take a shot.

Sigh. We can hope it will work out well.

Amen Thurman. I think too many people are afraid to admit that they're me-first as well. I don't think it's a bad thing.

You aren't the only one.

I know you're a wagering man, Gordio. If this deal goes through, what's the over/under on the number of games Edwards misses due to injury this season?

I dont know. I am kinda in shock right now that it got to this point. What are you going to do. They got Philly's 28th pick & 2nd day pick(could be a 3rd rounder with the new format on the draft put in last year I think). I guess in the end with the inner circle Peters was just not worth the aggravation. Well, they better havea plan going into next saturday. I would not be surprised at all if they took the top LT remaining on the board @ 11(probably Andre Smith) & took Pettigrew with Philly's pick. Maybe even trading up for Pettigrew. I guess worry about the defense in the 2nd & 3rd round. What a fuggin mess.

All of you who think we'll get both of Philly's first rounders are smoking something. It just won't happen. As usual, players are never worth what people on message boards think they are.

If we get one of Philly's first rounders, that's good. We will probably get something else, maybe a third if we're lucky.

That's just how it is.

Just read on the board for BuffaloBills.com that WIP (I think a radio station) is reporting the trade is for Philly's 28th pick in the first round and a fourth round pick.

If this is true, the front office should be fired immediately. We will have the worst offensive line in the NFL.

This is HIGHWAY ROBBERY!!! <_<