Peters in Philly today

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn. If it happens, they better get a very good deal in the trade, AND draft spectacularly, AND use the money they don't pay him for solid starters. I don't have a lot of confidence in any of those things happening although it's possible.

If they can swing a trade for a Scheffler and/or a Brian Waters to fill immediate gaps I will feel a lot better.

Guest dog14787
One step forward and two steps back.

Sung by Paula Abdul, practiced by Bills management.

You have to admit though, it will sure make for an interesting draft. <_<

Nope. He wants to be where the money is. And Philly will pay him. And they spend their money far more wisely than the Bills, so what does that tell you?

I dont know if I can consider it wisely...

When was the last time they won the superbowl?

Unbelievable how this organization continues to spin its wheels. Simply incredible. After years of having a horrid o-line, they finally unearth the premier left tackle in the game, only to give him away in his prime and start from scratch. They are so unbelievably pathetic. I don't understand why I pour my time and dollars into such an inept organization, from top to bottom they're just rotten and stupid.

Also, you watch: the Bills will find a way to get hosed on the trade. They're dealing with a class-A organization that knows how to make deals for itself.

Andy Reid and Tom Heckert aren't going to give up a guy like Trent Cole. Buffalo will probably get a backup or starting type OL and a 2nd or 3rd. He's obviously not getting what Cutler was dealt for.

Just have to wait and see. But the Bills don't have the leverage here, no matter what anyone thinks. The market just isn't big enough for a guy who wants 11M+ per season, LT or not.

Gotta agree with your though CT.

Man, I got mixed feelings about this one Lori. I hope they get at least a 1st & 3rd out of it.

No mixed feelings from me -- get that over-rated POS out of Buffalo. LT's are not easy to find -- but this guy wasn't exactly a premier LT prospect either. I feel more comfortable going into the season with the talent we have (Bell, Walker, Chambers) and a Michael Oher competing for the LT spot than I would have with another holdout/disgruntled Peters.

He did not deserve the Pro Bowl last year -- most everyone agrees that he was gifted a pro bowl ticket based on his past work. I do believe that he will play well in Philly, but believe we can find a cheaper alternative that yields no worse than what we had last year.

The Buffalo Bills are the KC Royals of the NFL. "We have to pay how much for top talent???? Eh let's just trade him, we're just a farm team anyways. So what if our defense will still have Kelsay as a starting DE and Edwards' blindside will be protected by a clueless rookie."

I really can not argue with your point. This team continues to create holes for themselves. They have done it time & time again. That is why they never have a winning record. With that being said, peters expectations & demands were a bit unrealistic. I have a friend at the nws who told me that the bills offer was pretty close to 10 mill per year. If that is not enough money for him, I say let him walk. He obviously does not want to be in buffalo.

Nope. He wants to be where the money is. And Philly will pay him. And they spend their money far more wisely than the Bills, so what does that tell you?

Exactly. So Philly, a team that makes the playoffs every year, thinks the guy is worth his asking price as well as a #1 and more. But we don't think he's worth that much and haven't been in the playoffs in a decade.

Man, I got mixed feelings about this one Lori. I hope they get at least a 1st & 3rd out of it.

You aren't the only one.

I know you're a wagering man, Gordio. If this deal goes through, what's the over/under on the number of games Edwards misses due to injury this season?

I dont know if I can consider it wisely...

When was the last time they won the superbowl?

I'm sure you're not serious. They make it deep into the playoffs every fuggin year, in one of the harder divisions in football. They consistently draft well and stockpile on draftpicks. They know when to release aging players and lockup emerging stars so they're always in a good situation capwise. They are MILES ahead of the Bills in terms of cap management and talent evaluation, and the fact that they're willing to deal for Peters and pay him his asking price should tell us all we need to know.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out. Perhaps this could be strategy on the part of the Bills: go ahead and talk to potential suitors and see if any of them believe that you are worth as much as you think you are. If a re trade is consummated and the Eagles wind up paying him less than, say $11 M per year, we'll know that Peters simply did NOT want to be in Buffalo.

Andy Reid and Tom Heckert aren't going to give up a guy like Trent Cole. Buffalo will probably get a backup or starting type OL and a 2nd or 3rd. He's obviously not getting what Cutler was dealt for.

Just have to wait and see. But the Bills don't have the leverage here, no matter what anyone thinks. The market just isn't big enough for a guy who wants 11M+ per season, LT or not.

Gotta agree with your though CT.

FWIW, I have to believe that there is a market for all pro left tackles. On Sirius this morning, there was talk that the Cowpokes were interested in Peters.

Our leverage also is that he has time on his existing deal. There is no need to trade him unless we get what we think he is worth.

I really hope that the Bills are not conducting a fire sale.

Unbelievable how this organization continues to spin its wheels. Simply incredible. After years of having a horrid o-line, they finally unearth the premier left tackle in the game, only to give him away in his prime and start from scratch. They are so unbelievably pathetic

Psst... Peters sucked last year. Did you even watch a single Bills game, or do you base who is good by who gets elected to the ProBowl. Get rid of the fat@ss now and move on. He is a perpetual distraction, and doesnt want to play here, so see ya Jason.

You aren't the only one.

I know you're a wagering man, Gordio. If this deal goes through, what's the over/under on the number of games Edwards misses due to injury this season?

if the trade doesn't go through, what's the over/under on the number of games Edwards misses due to injuries?

if the bills are smart, they work out a 3 way deal;

peters to philly for 1st and 2nd. or 1st and 3rd

1st and 3rd this year +parrish to arizona for bolden.

owens gets to walk away from buffalo after this year with no hard feelings and we have young long term answers for wr's for the bills O