Aaron

He's been resting for an eternity.

He has been looking forward to hitting Brady, and having him miss another year.

He has witnessed the likes of Chris, Ryan, John, and Kyle.

He is pissed.

10+ Sacks, and the rookie we draft on the other end will shine too!

He is pissed.

:thumbsup:

He is pissed.

He's on the downside of his career.

No pro bowl for Aaron next season.

Oh I forgot though he's signed for what the next 9 years for 800 billion, good move Marvtard.

He is pissed.

I'm sorry, but I think Aaron Schobel's overrated and someone who's not even one of the top twenty DE's in the league. Yes he's our best DE, but that isn't saying a whole lot. The guy was close to being a top ten DE a few years ago, but he's no where near that today. I never was really a big Shobel fan, I just think he always had a habit of disappearing for long of stretches of time.

I'm sorry, but I think Aaron Schobel's overrated and someone who's not even one of the top twenty DE's in the league. Yes he's our best DE, but that isn't saying a whole lot. The guy was close to being a top ten DE a few years ago, but he's no where near that today. I never was really a big Shobel fan, I just think he always had a habit of disappearing for long of stretches of time.

no DE gets more than 3-4 pressures a game.

no DE gets more than 3-4 pressures a game.

Never talked about pressures per game. If I was an opposing defensive coordinator, Schobel wouldn't scare me in the least. Even when he was good he wasn't exactly what you'd consider a scary defender. I'd classify his play style as workman-like. He's this era's version of Phil Hanson. That's not bad at all, but let's not pretend he's a game changer.

He's ok for this year, but after the Bills draft a first round DE to replace Kelsay this year, they should either use FA or another first round pick in 2010 to replace Schobel the following year.

I tend to agree. What was most telling was when HBO miked him vs. the Seahawks (I think) he was caught on the sideline talking about how he physically was having trouble keeping up now that he is no longer a young guy. It was a little disconcerting to hear, especially after he gets locked up with such a long term contract.

He is pissed.

I like your positivity :beer:

Perfect Response! Stop the thread. This discussion is not officially over.

schobel SUCKS!

Never talked about pressures per game. If I was an opposing defensive coordinator, Schobel wouldn't scare me in the least. Even when he was good he wasn't exactly what you'd consider a scary defender. I'd classify his play style as workman-like. He's this era's version of Phil Hanson. That's not bad at all, but let's not pretend he's a game changer.

He's ok for this year, but after the Bills draft a first round DE to replace Kelsay this year, they should either use FA or another first round pick in 2010 to replace Schobel the following year.

Bump.

I seriously can't remember Schobel ever making a difference. I'm sure he had, but just never really

understood the rationale of Marv giving him that stupid contract as another thing.

To say he's probably not in the top 20 DEs in the league is not that damning in my opinion. I honestly think this ranking is about right, and maybe a bit low (for how he was playing 2 years ago).

Schobel has consistently gotten to the opposing QB .5-.75 second faster than our other rushers, even when he's drawn a double-team (which I'd say has been about 70-80% of the time on pass plays). Sure, our other rushers haven't been great, but that's a big difference. I'm thrilled to get Schobel back. If we get any other upgrades to our pass rush this offseason I think the results will look much better than last year, not necessarily in sacks, but in INTs and stopping opponents drives.

And last year our defense performed decently as a unit. It was clearly our offense that came up short more often.

Bump.

I seriously can't remember Schobel ever making a difference. I'm sure he had, but just never really

understood the rationale of Marv giving him that stupid contract as another thing.

I would agree with you 100% that Schobel is not a playmaker. He has probably only been a true difference in a game (fumble, timely sack, etc.) a few times in his career.

But like another poster just mentioned, he draws those double teams. Why? Because he's a slightly better than average player, and if you single team him he'l make a play or two per game.

I can't wait to see what Stroud can do with a better player in his trench taking a little pressure off.

He is pissed.

Here's hoping.

:beer:

:beer:

I'm glad to see Bills fans like you and SoCal-Surf trying to keep it real. This is the season we let our favorite team know we've had enough of the same old sunny side up spin. Other than McGee, Lynch, Jackson, McKelvin and Evans, it's hard to find a player without a major flaw. In regards to Lynch's legal hassles, I'm talking purely about play on the field. At this point, I couldn't fault anyone tossing him off the non-flawed list though.

I'm glad to see Bills fans like you and SoCal-Surf trying to keep it real. This is the season we let our favorite team know we've had enough of the same old sunny side up spin. Other than McGee, Lynch, Jackson, McKelvin and Evans, it's hard to find a player without a major flaw. In regards to Lynch's legal hassles, I'm talking purely about play on the field. At this point, I couldn't fault anyone tossing him off the non-flawed list though.

I'm hoping Schoebel will have a comeback season this year. But if he continues to play the way he did the last 2 seasons (granted he was injured last year & only played 5 games), then it's time to cut Schoebel & his huge contract loose and look for better options at the DE position. When you're playing against Brady twice a year, we need all the pressure on him as possible. Otherwise, we'll continue to lose to the Pats twice a year.

i'm surprised he hasn't been CUT !!......his cap hit is $8.5 million......he is NOT worth that.....the only kind of sacks he ever gets are what they call coverage sacks. He only has one move, speed rush to the outside. He gets pushed so far out and around the QB, he has to double back towards the pocket to get back into the play. He never justs engages the blocker and pushes him right back into the QB. He will probably reinjure that foot.

i'm surprised he hasn't been CUT !!......his cap hit is $8.5 million......he is NOT worth that.....the only kind of sacks he ever gets are what they call coverage sacks. He only has one move, speed rush to the outside. He gets pushed so far out and around the QB, he has to double back towards the pocket to get back into the play. He never justs engages the blocker and pushes him right back into the QB. He will probably reinjure that foot.

I agree with you about his style of play. I was hoping they would try and trade Schobel, that way we could dump his huge salary and get something in return for him.

In '07, Schobel had 6.5 sacks. Last year, the Bills FO thought process was, if they got better DT's, that would free up the DE's. Well, the only one creating consistent pressure last year was Stroud, not our DE's.

If Schobel doesn't rebound this year, then it's time to get rid of him.

I like how some of you are saying that Aaron consistently gets double teamed. Double teamed?! He hasnt been doubled in the last three years!! Their have been scrub LTs that have been handling Schobel. Maybe that was due to the foot last year, but he hasnt been a threat at DE for almost 3 years now. Whoever brought it up that he only has one move - a wide loop to the outside - was spot on. He lacks the speed/agility to burn his man quickly and consistently... We desperately need two new DEs.

He's on the downside of his career.

No pro bowl for Aaron next season.

Oh I forgot though he's signed for what the next 9 years for 800 billion, good move Marvtard.

Marvtard? Just leave.

What year did Hansen make the pro-bowl? Hansen had 61.5 sacks in 11 years. Schobel has 68 sacks in eight years and is second on the Bills all time sack list behind Bruce Smith.

Bleh Pro Bowl is so overrated. It's just a popularity poll and has a lot less to do with who is actually the better player in a position.

Popularity poll? I don't think so. After a guy makes it the first time it's easier to make it the second time but the first time is usually deserved IMO.

Oh yeah, I forgot coverage sacks don't count. :thumbsup:

I agree with you about his style of play. I was hoping they would try and trade Schobel, that way we could dump his huge salary and get something in return for him.

In '07, Schobel had 6.5 sacks. Last year, the Bills FO thought process was, if they got better DT's, that would free up the DE's. Well, the only one creating consistent pressure last year was Stroud, not our DE's.

I expect him to rebound this year. We'll see.

Man, I love when you post, not only are your posts credible and enjoyable, but seeing that ass over and over

again, is just plain nice.

What year did Hansen make the pro-bowl? Hansen had 61.5 sacks in 11 years. Schobel has 68 sacks in eight years and is second on the Bills all time sack list behind Bruce Smith.

Probowl selections are an almost useless barometer.

Please tell me the year(s) Aaron Schobel was a scary good defender. The year(s) that opposing offensive coordinators stayed up late worrying about what he'd do to their QB. In the NFL more than any other sport, stats don't tell the whole story about how good a player is. BTW, Hansen was a better player than Schobel.

Probowl selections are an almost useless barometer.

Please tell me the year(s) Aaron Schobel was a scary good defender. The year(s) that opposing offensive coordinators stayed up late worrying about what he'd do to their QB. In the NFL more than any other sport, stats don't tell the whole story about how good a player is. BTW, Hansen was a better player than Schobel.

Man I gotta agree with you here, maybe consistent and serviceable would be a better way to describe him,

but scary....never!