How Will All of the Cutler Talk Impact Trent?

H2o

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

While I think most of the Trent talk is stupid, I have to believe Mr Edwards is tough enough to stand some trade rumors floated by know-nothing posters on fan boards.

Cutler, on the other hand, might be a little miffed. :lol:

While I think most of the Trent talk is stupid, I have to believe Mr Edwards is tough enough to stand some trade rumors floated by know-nothing posters on fan boards.

Cutler, on the other hand, might be a little miffed. :lol:

That little post said a whole lot.

I know that the "strong arm" thing has influenced fans for years. I was one of them. Joe Montana was a far better quarterback than the young John Elway that he beat in the superbowl. The thing is, I was unaable to see this. When Elway got old, he was a better quarterback because he used his brains and running game more than just his God given skillset. I understand how fans are seduced by the occasional long bomb. Again, I was one of them.

The obvious fantasy football influence is similar, and I think worse. Now, people can pull out all sorts of statistics and "prove" that a guy like Cutler is great, which he himself obviously believes, and even states as much when he compares himself favorably to Elway. Fantasy football players will look at his numbers and actually believe this idiot.

Once again, even if he is all that he and the ff followers think that he is, the coaches don't seem to agree. After all, we aren't having this discussion about Peyton Manning now are we? In other words, Cutler can't accept the reality that really is a tradeable commodity. Well, that's too freaking bad for poor Jay.

That little post said a whole lot.

I know that the "strong arm" thing has influenced fans for years. I was one of them. Joe Montana was a far better quarterback than the young John Elway that he beat in the superbowl. The thing is, I was unaable to see this. When Elway got old, he was a better quarterback because he used his brains and running game more than just his God given skillset. I understand how fans are seduced by the occasional long bomb. Again, I was one of them.

The obvious fantasy football influence is similar, and I think worse. Now, people can pull out all sorts of statistics and "prove" that a guy like Cutler is great, which he himself obviously believes, and even states as much when he compares himself favorably to Elway. Fantasy football players will look at his numbers and actually believe this idiot.

Once again, even if he is all that he and the ff followers think that he is, the coaches don't seem to agree. After all, we aren't having this discussion about Peyton Manning now are we? In other words, Cutler can't accept the reality that really is a tradeable commodity. Well, that's too freaking bad for poor Jay.

Funny that you mention Peyton Manning. He's only won 1 Super Bowl, so by the "Super Bowl tally" measure he isn't any better than Jeff Hostetler or Trent Dilfer. In fact, guys like Roger Staubach and Brett Favre are in the same "nearly good" camp. And QBs like Johnny Unitas, Dan Marino, and Jim Kelly have no Super Bowl rings so are clearly bad QBs that should be removed from Canton. :lol:

Watched NFL Live lastnight on ESPN. And Mortensen named about 6 teams. The Bills werent even mentioned. And i know people here don't like Mort but i am sure he would have mentioned Buffalo if he could have, just to stir the pot. I think the consensious from journalists and people who actually have sources in different teams, is that the Bills really like Trent. And he is their guy. Not saying it isn't possible (after T.O nothing will surprise me)but i think people on here have started the controversy, not reality. And his agent being in town didn't help out much either. But hopefully that is for the T.E. Something we actually need.

Watched NFL Live lastnight on ESPN. And Mortensen named about 6 teams. The Bills werent even mentioned. And i know people here don't like Mort but i am sure he would have mentioned Buffalo if he could have, just to stir the pot. I think the consensious from journalists and people who actually have sources in different teams, is that the Bills really like Trent. And he is their guy. Not saying it isn't possible (after T.O nothing will surprise me)but i think people on here have started the controversy, not reality. And his agent being in town didn't help out much either. But hopefully that is for the T.E. Something we actually need.

Did Mort (or anyone outside of TBD) ever mention the Bills as a possible landing spot for TO? Nope. We need to look at this organization from a whole new angle now. They are feeling desperate, and that means they are unpredictable now. I wouldn't be surprised with anything now.

Did Mort (or anyone outside of TBD) ever mention the Bills as a possible landing spot for TO? Nope. We need to look at this organization from a whole new angle now. They are feeling desperate, and that means they are unpredictable now. I wouldn't be surprised with anything now.

Of course, anything is possible...but the Bills were actively in the market for a WR, and, since they dumped their starting TE, they are likely to be interested in a TE. Have you heard one peep about the Bills looking to ditch Trent? Again, while anything is possible, there is a big difference between the TO situation and the Cutler situation.

give it up

your reaching

give it up

your reaching

Really? What is it that I am to give up? And in what way am I reaching?

I said that the Bills couldn't surprise me any more after signing TO. That's all. Where is the reach?

First of all there has been no credible reports of Cutler coming to Buffalo. A lot of BS posts from Soprano wannabes, and one off-hand comment from Ruben Brown on WECK. So why should Trent give a crap? All of the so-called "buzz" is 100% chat board generated.

PTR

Actually the Bills were mentioned in some places shortly after T.O. was released by the Cowboys.