TBN: Bills / Peters ~$3 M apart - Peters wants over $11.5 M

SKOOBY

Please Reuben "Turnstile" Brown's last few Pro Bowls WERE a joke. Hence turnstile. He couldn't protect his own arss.

Said the fan puppeting the words of a radio talk show host who also had a large hand in getting John Davis, another good lineman run out of Buffalo for no good reason.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sticking up for Peters at all here. He's not a team player IMHO. However this list is meaningless. For many reasons, the LEAST of which is that it's not a stat at all. For instance (and with all due respect to The Senator) the media pundits and many fans would have us believe that Peters gave up the sack that led to JP's fumble against the Jets. Nothing could be farther from the truth. Is that one of the sacks on the list? How many others? Without the context of playcall and blocking assignments nobody knows.

How many sacks did he PREVENT last year due to somebody else's fu*k up? There were some of those as well.

GO BILLS!!!

Without the content of playcalling? Really? You are talking out of your A## and you obviously don't understand blocking schemes. Blocking schemes are really not that "complex" for the Offensive line, that is why there are line calls. The center makes a line call, 3, 4, 5 fronts, which then tells the others Oline who their man is, pretty simple really. It's up to the back to pick the bllitz but if an Olineman feels a blitzer has a shorter path to the QB he will usually will leave his man to pick up the man free. Regarding him "preventing" other people mistakes, again you are wrong. Guards, centers and RB's are secondary blockers due to their position on the field! I have never seen a LT peel back and help out the playside guard, have you?

He is an overhyped, overpaid baby. Remember the Jax game when he got Trent killed and coughed the ball up? How about the Miami game where he whiffed on Porter? Trade em now while his value is up, take your future LT with that pick and move on! 60 million for him is laughable!!!

Let go of Clements, draft McKelvin. Let go of MaGahee, draft Lynch. Let go of Bledsoe, draft Losman. No wonder this team perrenially stinks. I laugh at the people that can't comprehend why this doesn't work.....they just see new players come in and think to themselves...."Wow, shiny!!!"

AS Levy said- "When you start listening to the fans, you end up sitting with them." That wasn't meant as a compliment.

Great post Adam.

I am not disputing his talent. But i am concerned about his desion making. The Bills have shown that if you come to camp and play hard they will rework your deal. Kelsay, Schobel, and Evans this year. Or the Bills make it pretty clear to you beforehand that they are not going to rework you curent deal and then you can play hard and get your payday in FA. Like Clements. Either way showing up and playing hard gets you your money. Either with the Bills or somewhere else. Sitting out with three years left shows just how ignorant you are. They owned him for three years, the Bills had all the leverage. But he and his agent still decided to sit out. Thats poor judgement. And dont tell me about making a statement. Everyone knew way beforehand you were unhappy, and rightfully so. He should get paid like a good starting LT. But he went about it totally the wrong way.

I understand the argument on the other side.

I really do.

I just can't stand the thought of losing an All Pro Talent, when he is right here in our laps.

Don't we remember who our LT's before him were?

Just because we may get a draft pick for him doesn't insure we get a good lineman. We've been through it many times before.

It's worth the risk considering we know he has the ability. Let's not forget also, that in the three years he has played tackle, he played at a very high calibur in two of those years (2006, 2007).

It was ONLY last year, the year he sat out the entire mini camp and training camps (which no one who is thinking rationally can deny that played a role in his subpar year) where he didn't play that well by his standards.

So just speaking strictly facts here.

2 out of 3 years he played at top notch level

the only 1 year he didn't was the holdout year.

I think I would take my chances in signing him. He to me in my view, is worth the risk

It's a tough call for sure. I'm not strong on either side of the argument. It's really honestly makes me sick to think about. The only reason I am slightly leaning towards letting him go, is because I think Jason has handled this situation so poorly. It takes alot of stones to scoff at an employer who rips up those contracts and both times more than doubles your salary. Dude is an arrogant POS to think he deserves to be the highest paid OL in the game. I can't make a strong stand for either argument because I don't know him on a level, at which I can gauge his work ethic/motivation after cashing in. The bottom line is that he is pissing all over my enjoyable offseason again.

I understand the argument on the other side.

I really do.

I just can't stand the thought of losing an All Pro Talent, when he is right here in our laps.

Don't we remember who our LT's before him were?

Just because we may get a draft pick for him doesn't insure we get a good lineman. We've been through it many times before.

It's worth the risk considering we know he has the ability. Let's not forget also, that in the three years he has played tackle, he played at a very high calibur in two of those years (2006, 2007).

It was ONLY last year, the year he sat out the entire mini camp and training camps (which no one who is thinking rationally can deny that played a role in his subpar year) where he didn't play that well by his standards.

So just speaking strictly facts here.

2 out of 3 years he played at top notch level

the only 1 year he didn't was the holdout year.

I think I would take my chances in signing him. He to me in my view, is worth the risk

Stop calling him "All Pro". Last time I looked he has NEVER been named to any of the "All Pro" teams. This is NOT the same as being named to the watered down Pro Bowl which has a bunch of substitutes after the players named originally, turn it down.

Without the content of playcalling? Really? You are talking out of your A## and you obviously don't understand blocking schemes. Blocking schemes are really not that "complex" for the Offensive line, that is why there are line calls. The center makes a line call, 3, 4, 5 fronts, which then tells the others Oline who their man is, pretty simple really. It's up to the back to pick the bllitz but if an Olineman feels a blitzer has a shorter path to the QB he will usually will leave his man to pick up the man free. Regarding him "preventing" other people mistakes, again you are wrong. Guards, centers and RB's are secondary blockers due to their position on the field! I have never seen a LT peel back and help out the playside guard, have you?

He is an overhyped, overpaid baby. Remember the Jax game when he got Trent killed and coughed the ball up? How about the Miami game where he whiffed on Porter? Trade em now while his value is up, take your future LT with that pick and move on! 60 million for him is laughable!!!

Oh really. I agree blocking schemes are not that complex. Nothing about the game of football is that complex. But it's just complex enough that there is a need for a center to ID the fronts, WITHIN THE CONTEXT OF THE PLAYCALL, and make the proper calls as you say. It's just complex enough that the possibility exists that 1 (or more) of the other lineman either don't hear the call or don't recognize it. It's just complex enough that if the QB audibles out of the original playcall that the center may have to change his as well. Are the other lineman still keeping up here? Don't know. That's where context comes in.

Back needs to pick up the blitzer? What if it's an empty backfield? Guards and centers are 'secondary' blockers? The shortest path to the QB is right over center. I may be talking out of my ass but you're singing a fricken opera with that crap.

If you've never seen an LT help out a guard then you're just not an observant viewer.

Peters flat out had a bad year last year. Couldn't agree more. I question his desire and selfish attitude. But I'm not going to accept as fact that this OLman or that OLmen 'gave up' the most/least sacks in the league when it's not even an official stat. Why isnt' it an official stat by the way? The reason is you need more information than just what you see on TV and it can't be quantified any other way. Again, the sack of JP in the Jets game is a perfect example. I'm sure you're among the many who think it was Peters who missed his assignment and gave up a sack. Nothing could be farther from the truth. But I have a feeling it would fall on deaf ears if I attempted to explain it.

GO BILLS!!!

Turk Schonert said that it wasn't Peters guy to block in the first place. Maybe you should flog Turk for not knowing the offense.

But, but, but I saw it on TV. The guy went right by Peters. It HAD to be his fault.

GO BILLS!!!

Sorry, but 11.5 mil is too much in my opinion. For that much, we should be able to plow people when running to his side. He's good, really good, but not 11.5 million good in my humble opinion. I know that Jake Long almost makes that much, but I don't agree with him making that much either.

I would give him around 9. If not, then go ahead and trade him. Based off his play last year, there has to be someone out there we could pay almost half that and not notice that much of a drop off and pry still get someone else on the line. Besides, if he's really worth that much, I have to wonder what he could fetch in picks.