TBN: Bills / Peters ~$3 M apart - Peters wants over $11.5 M

SKOOBY

If you think Peters is ever going to stop holding out / asking for more $ your crazy. This is going to be a " par for the course " event every 2 years or so. Cut bait and take all the early draft picks so we can get.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Whats even crazier is that the Bills are offering $8.5 Million a year. That is ridiculous!!

Some people on this board were thinking that he was demanding $13.5 Million a year.

$11.5 Million a year is a reasonable asking price from Peters. That makes his offer slightly higher than Jake Long's, who is not as accomplished.

I would imagine if they offered a deal of around $10 Million a year and add incentives to where he could receive another $1 Million they could hammer out a deal.

Whats even crazier is that the Bills are offering $8.5 Million a year. That is ridiculous!!

Some people on this board were thinking that he was demanding $13.5 Million a year.

$11.5 Million a year is a reasonable asking price from Peters. That makes his offer slightly higher than Jake Long's, who is not as accomplished.

I would imagine if they offered a deal of around $10 Million a year and add incentives to where he could receive another $1 Million they could hammer out a deal.

Agreed, but don't tell chicken little and all his friends.

One thing is certain...Peters had a drop off from 07-08...I imagine that drop off was directly related to the Holdout...The Bills CANNOT go through another Hold Out from Peters in 09...This is some VERY dangerous territory because We are talking about the LT Position...But enough is enough...Peters Trade value is pretty much sky high...And it's not going to get any higher if He continues to underachieve in 09...

I'm reluctantly in favor of Trading Peters...Chances are the Bills get a 1st and something for one of the Premier LT's in the NFL (at least if You ask Peters' Agent He is...)...Unfortunately, chances are also good The Bills see a drop off at the LT Position this coming Season...But at this point I don't see how they are going to bridge a $3 million per Year gap...Especially considering the fact that The Bills don't seem willing to pay ANY Player top cash at their Position...At least with a couple extra Picks in Rounds 1-3 The Bills will be able to fill a couple more holes...And IF the Bills get lucky and grab the right Kid, they could very well fill the LT Need in this Draft...

My gut is telling Me Peters and The Bills are never going to see eye to eye again...If there is a Team willing to give up a couple Premium Draft Picks for Him I think it's time to cut all losses and move on...No more distractions at the LT Position please... :thumbsup:

This is good news. Since the Buffalo News is reporting they are that far apart, the reality is there is probably a signed contract already.

See: "Tim Connolly to be Traded Today!", and "Marshawn Lynch buys Jim Kelly's House". :thumbsup:

NO WAY!!! PLEASE BUFFALO FOOTBALL GODS... DO NOT PAY THIS GUY THAT KIND OF MONEY!!

Even at 9 million per.. that is completely ridiculous.

they gave Evans that., and Peters plays a position that is more important. do you guys want to win, or not? see.. this is the problem with the Bills, WNY and all that,, its a second tier little town that has no concept of what major league sports are today... if you wan't to play you have to pay... that having been said,.. lets trade him..if we can get a 1st rounder+

they gave Evans that., and Peters plays a position that is more important. do you guys want to win, or not? see.. this is the problem with the Bills, WNY and all that,, its a second tier little town that has no concept of what major league sports are today... if you wan't to play you have to pay... that having been said,.. lets trade him..if we can get a 1st rounder+

11 million for him. NO. Not when there are MANY holes to fill. They still need to sign another OL, they would like to sign a LB, and they still have to sign draft picks. No way. Plus, this guy has shown that in a few years he will be doing this all over again... even while he is under contract.

What a POS. People are losing jobs, living in tents and this * is quibbling about 3 MILLION dollars. He has no other skills other than being large. Let him go out and work for a living and try to make the same money.

The Rams and Orlando Pace never really came to an agreement on salary, but they kept him right up until he was all worthless. You don't let a quality LT get away, and Peters needs to realize he isn't getting away.

Where are all the Skooby is crazy and we can't trade Peters pundits now?? This post below is the most sense I have read in a while, congrats.

One thing is certain...Peters had a drop off from 07-08...I imagine that drop off was directly related to the Holdout...The Bills CANNOT go through another Hold Out from Peters in 09...This is some VERY dangerous territory because We are talking about the LT Position...But enough is enough...Peters Trade value is pretty much sky high...And it's not going to get any higher if He continues to underachieve in 09...

I'm reluctantly in favor of Trading Peters...Chances are the Bills get a 1st and something for one of the Premier LT's in the NFL (at least if You ask Peters' Agent He is...)...Unfortunately, chances are also good The Bills see a drop off at the LT Position this coming Season...But at this point I don't see how they are going to bridge a $3 million per Year gap...Especially considering the fact that The Bills don't seem willing to pay ANY Player top cash at their Position...At least with a couple extra Picks in Rounds 1-3 The Bills will be able to fill a couple more holes...And IF the Bills get lucky and grab the right Kid, they could very well fill the LT Need in this Draft...

My gut is telling Me Peters and The Bills are never going to see eye to eye again...If there is a Team willing to give up a couple Premium Draft Picks for Him I think it's time to cut all losses and move on...No more distractions at the LT Position please... :thumbsup:

11 million for him. NO. Not when there are MANY holes to fill. They still need to sign another OL, they would like to sign a LB, and they still have to sign draft picks. No way. Plus, this guy has shown that in a few years he will be doing this all over again... even while he is under contract.

We can probably fill 2-3 needs with the salary he wants, which means we can focus our resources on other folks that will not distract the team.

Peters is cancer.