We just sold our soul to the Devil

cale

Uhmmmm, no, exactly the opposite. For once there is some excitement on the side of fans. After the dagger through the heart of Jauron being extended this is like a peace offering from the bills franchise. We all know this could blow up in their face, but for a team that played (or rather *coached*) as scared as the bills did in the latter half of last season, this is good news.

And the moment we are out, who cares...? I actually think we'll be in it the whole way through the season if trent plays as well as he's capable of playing.

Wouldn't you rather them try some outside-the-box strategies rather than the same'ol same'ol nonsense they've been doin the last 10yrs?

With Lee & TO on the outside and Reed in the slot - And then Marshawn or Jackson in the backfield, it really opens up our offense... I think it's going to be a good season. Then again, i'm always hopeful this time of year.

Right on slyng1 - and if we got a TE in the draft... Maybe we outscore some teams! Ha! wait..Bills..Pinch me ----

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Uhmmmm, no, exactly the opposite. For once there is some excitement on the side of fans. After the dagger through the heart of Jauron being extended this is like a peace offering from the bills franchise. We all know this could blow up in their face, but for a team that played (or rather *coached*) as scared as the bills did in the latter half of last season, this is good news.

And the moment we are out, who cares...? I actually think we'll be in it the whole way through the season if trent plays as well as he's capable of playing.

Wouldn't you rather them try some outside-the-box strategies rather than the same'ol same'ol nonsense they've been doin the last 10yrs?

With Lee & TO on the outside and Reed in the slot - And then Marshawn or Jackson in the backfield, it really opens up our offense... I think it's going to be a good season. Then again, i'm always hopeful this time of year.

Hey. If this works out for us, I'll be the first one to come up here and eat my words. This guy is possibly the most singularly gifted WR of the last 5-8 years in this league with the exception of Randy Moss, hell maybe even including him.

This was a cheap shot. But then again if it succeeds - no one will care. Great franchises build from the ground up. A great franchise would have gotten a great coach and built a FO worth a damn. Ala Pitt or NE or anyone of half a dozen teams. But that would have been too difficult.

We are a desperate, sad franchise - taking a shot in the dark. What the hell. We may as well. But if this fails, the franchise, the players, the city and region all fail. Expect the moving trucks to show up soon after.

Best case scenario - he plays great. We make the playoffs. Then what? He leaves for a multi gaziilion dollar contract elsewhere that we can't possibly meet. You think he'll care. We'll just be here to pick up the pieces of all the other players and coaches he mowed down in his wake. This is an all chips in play - one slim UPSIDE against a whole bunch of travesties.

But hey, who cares about all of that? Right? If any other franchise had attempted this, we'd be LMAO. But because the Bills did this - somehow it was the best thing ever.

It's like we didn't have enough dysfunction and drama at One Bills Drive.

Here's a start:

TO's a head case - not a team player, plays the 1st 12 games and is poison in the locker room. Just what a 3rd year quarterback needs to take his game to the next level.

Here's a stat too: He is the only receiver in the NFL the past 3 years to have double digit touchdowns each year...

and to all who think Randy Moss has been so great the past 3 years...Owens has been even better, outperforming him in EVERY offensive receiver category....

Bills now have top receiving duo in the NFL...

Here's a start:

TO's a head case - not a team player, plays the 1st 12 games and is poison in the locker room. Just what a 3rd year quarterback needs to take his game to the next level.

TO is just what Trent needs. Tony Romo can thank TO for his NICE contract & Jessica Simpson. Just watch how Tony plays in 09 without TO.

Well, I agree with you there...

anyone who doesnt like this is just crazy.

one year deal. reasonable money for top wr. vastly improved offense on paper.

playing it safe has got us nothing but mediocrity. we needed to take a chance. lets support it and see what happens - add a TE and we have some serious weapons!

They still haven't made a signing that makes any sense. This is so out of character for this team to sign the biggest *sshole that maybe the NFL has ever seen. I guess Michael Vick is next probably, maybe that will sell a few tickets too.

I think comparing TO and Vick in the same sentence is baloney.....Vick committed a crime and went to Jail...What has TO done to break the legal system...

TO may not be the best person to have signed with the Bills..But may be this puts the right pressure on Turk and Edwards and keeps them on their toes/heels through the season.

Today, this locker room does not have a true leader....May be TO will be that one.

Hey. If this works out for us, I'll be the first one to come up here and eat my words. This guy is possibly the most singularly gifted WR of the last 5-8 years in this league with the exception of Randy Moss, hell maybe even including him.

This was a cheap shot. But then again if it succeeds - no one will care. Great franchises build from the ground up. A great franchise would have gotten a great coach and built a FO worth a damn. Ala Pitt or NE or anyone of half a dozen teams. But that would have been too difficult.

We are a desperate, sad franchise - taking a shot in the dark. What the hell. We may as well. But if this fails, the franchise, the players, the city and region all fail. Expect the moving trucks to show up soon after.

Best case scenario - he plays great. We make the playoffs. Then what? He leaves for a multi gaziilion dollar contract elsewhere that we can't possibly meet. You think he'll care. We'll just be here to pick up the pieces of all the other players and coaches he mowed down in his wake. This is an all chips in play - one slim UPSIDE against a whole bunch of travesties.

But hey, who cares about all of that? Right? If any other franchise had attempted this, we'd be LMAO. But because the Bills did this - somehow it was the best thing ever.

It's like we didn't have enough dysfunction and drama at One Bills Drive.

No way, Randy Moss can actually catch and hold on to the ball on a regular basis, and is pretty quiet and a good teammate when the team is decent

And you are right, if anyone else did this we wouldbe laughing about what a stupid move it was and how TO was going to destroy the team, now we are talking about howthis guy is the best WR ever

I think comparing TO and Vick in the same sentence is baloney.....Vick committed a crime and went to Jail...What has TO done to break the legal system...

TO may not be the best person to have signed with the Bills..But may be this puts the right pressure on Turk and Edwards and keeps them on their toes/heels through the season.

Today, this locker room does not have a true leader....May be TO will be that one.

TO a Leader????

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Thats good for a laugh!!!!!!!

Vick may have commited a legal crime, but he was only a fraction of the locker room cancer TO has been.

40 years as a Bills fan and singularly the worst FA signing/personnel move the team has ever made.

Hey Soul Man, and all you naysayers in this thread, I'd rather have a Superstar (add the "in the decline" label if you want, but keep Superstar) WR like TO calling the team, FO and every old lady in Buffalo out, than you lukewram fans, calling this franchise and all its fans out, please get a life!!!

40 years as a Bills fan and singularly the worst FA signing/personnel move the team has ever made.

40 years? Maybe, but after 1966 season (early 1967), the Bills trade Lamonica for a washed up Art Powell, and

QB with a blown arm (Flores) ranks much higher in my memory. All TO costs us at this point is cash. No comparison.

How about trading Ron McDole, Tom Keating, or letting Pat Williams walk. I won't even get into some of our famous daft picks, but Williams wasn't our worst, just our most clostly.

Nah, I would admit I don't like the signing but it is far from the worst player move the Bills have ever made.

This was so obviously a marketing move. Think the Bills lost a bunch of season tix renewals? I think so.

He will be a boy scout for half the season and the moment we are out of it, he'll explode. No coach is going to want to come here with that idiot on our team. Thankfully it's only for 1 year.

This could be a genius move or the nail on the coffin that finally puts this franchise in the ground.

Still, I give them credit for trying to shake things up. We don't have a strong enough locker room to keep him in check. The lunatic is gonna run the asylum.

douche

They still haven't made a signing that makes any sense. This is so out of character for this team to sign the biggest *sshole that maybe the NFL has ever seen. I guess Michael Vick is next probably, maybe that will sell a few tickets too.

Michael Vick tortured, starved, then murdered dogs for sport. Terrell Owens has emotional issues and is prone to creating lockerroom disturbances. Yeah, TO is worse... :thumbdown:

....He'll be calling out Trent Edwards before the end of the first game........ :thumbdown:

I guess a bit of 'soap opera' drama is better than total offensive ineptitude.....

Well, TO was a model citizen, team wise, his first year in Philly, and two years in Dallas. He had the overdose drama and all, but never had problems with teammates. Parcells was tough on him...which is why I think it didn't blow up on his watch. Who you think Jauron is more like, Parcells or Wade Phillips?

I am hoping that the TO signing forces Trent to stop checking down as much as he did last year and start throwing the ball downfield. TO is not going to stand for all the check downs that Trent does, and hopefully it also causes Turk to look again at his gameplan and start figuring out ways to get Lee and TO the ball as many times a game as possible.

I am hoping that the TO signing forces Trent to stop checking down as much as he did last year and start throwing the ball downfield. TO is not going to stand for all the check downs that Trent does, and hopefully it also causes Turk to look again at his gameplan and start figuring out ways to get Lee and TO the ball as many times a game as possible.

I hope it works out that way too. But, if you watched the Cowboys this season, it is pretty hard not to conclude that Terrell Owens constant carping about getting the ball, and being "frozen out" didn't affect the play of Tony Romo. Owens is not the receiver he was three years ago... he always says he is open, when in fact, he had a harder time getting open this season, than in the past. If Edwards, like Romo, start chucking passes to Owens, even when he isn't open, it could be a long season...

I hope it works out that way too. But, if you watched the Cowboys this season, it is pretty hard not to conclude that Terrell Owens constant carping about getting the ball, and being "frozen out" didn't affect the play of Tony Romo. Owens is not the receiver he was three years ago... he always says he is open, when in fact, he had a harder time getting open this season, than in the past. If Edwards, like Romo, start chucking passes to Owens, even when he isn't open, it could be a long season...

Totally agree, but if it even helps open up the offense where maybe it won't just be throwing to TO but getting Lee the ball in open spaces so he can work with it too. I just hate the west coast passing offense we seem to have, if on purpose or not. I would like to see the team take more shots downfield, and improve the offensive production

This was so obviously a marketing move. Think the Bills lost a bunch of season tix renewals? I think so.

He will be a boy scout for half the season and the moment we are out of it, he'll explode. No coach is going to want to come here with that idiot on our team. Thankfully it's only for 1 year.

This could be a genius move or the nail on the coffin that finally puts this franchise in the ground.

Still, I give them credit for trying to shake things up. We don't have a strong enough locker room to keep him in check. The lunatic is gonna run the asylum.

B word if they do not sign anyone , B word if they do sign some one .