We just sold our soul to the Devil

cale

40 years as a Bills fan and singularly the worst FA signing/personnel move the team has ever made.

Okay. Should we cut him then? Or maybe we should wait to see how he plays this season?

I could see you saying "I don't like the signing" and maybe even stating some reasons for that opinion.

I guess you know more than anyone else. Of maybe you just don't like the guy?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I really think that this T.O. thing is a rorschach test. Some will see a glass half full. Others will see a glass half empty.

I think a person's reaction to this signing says more about that person than it does the signing itself.

Well this site seems to run about 75% negative at most times. I guess it's too much to ask for that to change.

As for me, I'm overjoyed we signed the guy.

Well, this should shut the "Bills never do anything" people a reason to STFU. :thumbsup:

No one has ever questioned T.O.'s talent on the field (other than numerous drops) or his work ethic, but this is so obviously a desperation move by the F.O. to hope to coax back all of those season tix holders that didn't renew. Team wise it may turn out to be one of the best moves we have made awhile, but more than likely it will turn out to be one of the worst moves this organization has ever made. I really hope it works out because the guy is an amazing talent, but my guess is it is going to stunt the teams growth, Trent Edwards growth, and the negatives are going to far outweight any positives he can bring to a team at 36 years old. He will only be in Buffalo one year, if he makes through one without being suspended, because if it doesn't work out they won't want him back and if he stays straight and plays up to his potential, someone else with a chance of winning will sign him. My guess is for the first 5-7 games he will be fine and produce, then someone is going to give him the Buffalo News and he is going to find out that Lee Evans has more catches and yards than he does, then all hell is going to break lose and this move is going to bite them in the butt.

Well, this should shut the "Bills never do anything" people a reason to STFU. :thumbsup:

They still haven't made a signing that makes any sense. This is so out of character for this team to sign the biggest *sshole that maybe the NFL has ever seen. I guess Michael Vick is next probably, maybe that will sell a few tickets too.

Okay. Should we cut him then? Or maybe we should wait to see how he plays this season?

I could see you saying "I don't like the signing" and maybe even stating some reasons for that opinion.

I guess you know more than anyone else. Of maybe you just don't like the guy?

Here's a start:

TO's a head case - not a team player, plays the 1st 12 games and is poison in the locker room. Just what a 3rd year quarterback needs to take his game to the next level.

No one has ever questioned T.O.'s talent on the field (other than numerous drops) or his work ethic, but this is so obviously a desperation move by the F.O. to hope to coax back all of those season tix holders that didn't renew. Team wise it may turn out to be one of the best moves we have made awhile, but more than likely it will turn out to be one of the worst moves this organization has ever made. I really hope it works out because the guy is an amazing talent, but my guess is it is going to stunt the teams growth, Trent Edwards growth, and the negatives are going to far outweight any positives he can bring to a team at 36 years old. He will only be in Buffalo one year, if he makes through one without being suspended, because if it doesn't work out they won't want him back and if he stays straight and plays up to his potential, someone else with a chance of winning will sign him. My guess is for the first 5-7 games he will be fine and produce, then someone is going to give him the Buffalo News and he is going to find out that Lee Evans has more catches and yards than he does, then all hell is going to break lose and this move is going to bite them in the butt.

Yepper !

I was getting a headache thinking about this but the one year deal is genius. Owens is playing for his future. This is his last chance to show the NFL he can play nice. If he becomes an A-hole like he was on every other team then he's shooting himself in the foot for ever getting another NFL contract. This could turn out to be a very good move.

He might be playing for his future, but by this time next year no matter what happens in 2009, he will be 37 years old. At that age you are most likely just hanging on not playing for a future. All of the other receivers drafted that year, 1997, which may be one of the, if not the best receiver draft ever- Moulds, Harrison, Glenn, K. Johnson, etc are all out of the league.

Think the Bills lost a bunch of season tix renewals? I think so.

Uhmmmm, no, exactly the opposite. For once there is some excitement on the side of fans. After the dagger through the heart of Jauron being extended this is like a peace offering from the bills franchise. We all know this could blow up in their face, but for a team that played (or rather *coached*) as scared as the bills did in the latter half of last season, this is good news.

He will be a boy scout for half the season and the moment we are out of it, he'll explode.

And the moment we are out, who cares...? I actually think we'll be in it the whole way through the season if trent plays as well as he's capable of playing.

This could be a genius move or the nail on the coffin that finally puts this franchise in the ground.

Still, I give them credit for trying to shake things up. We don't have a strong enough locker room to keep him in check. The lunatic is gonna run the asylum.

Wouldn't you rather them try some outside-the-box strategies rather than the same'ol same'ol nonsense they've been doin the last 10yrs?

With Lee & TO on the outside and Reed in the slot - And then Marshawn or Jackson in the backfield, it really opens up our offense... I think it's going to be a good season. Then again, i'm always hopeful this time of year.

There is president to the T.O. affair, insofar as his behavior! John Gruden simply sent Keyshawn Johnson home when he acted up down in Tampa. The Bills gauranteed the $6.5 mil. contract but NOT his place on this team IF he blows up. This could be the hammer held over him, when he gets the urge to vent about Teammates, Coaches, or Management. The mantra to Terrell Owens should simply be "shut up and play", no doubt about it. Everyone, Nation wide would just nod their collective heads if it ever came to this, and he's a FOOL if he doesn't realize it! This is his last stop otherwise!!!

No one has ever questioned T.O.'s talent on the field (other than numerous drops) or his work ethic,

I was amazed to read that TO had 33 drops in 2008, Maybe that was a typo. I had seen graphics in recent games where a guy who was known for dropping passes led his team with like 12.

33 drops is 2 per game over a full season.

And, for all of TO's faults, he does play hard. He doesn't dog it blatantly like R.Moss when the play isn't going to him. He has been a good downfield blocker also. Of course, at 6-3, 225, he should be.

Personally, I think that T.O. has every reason now to play his hardest and stay in perfect shape

He will do just that...He's motivated...The Guy for all His faults is a tireless worker...He's going to have a Big Year cause teams are going to have to pick their poison now and I'm guessing Lee is still going to get the bulk of the attention...Folks LOVE to rip on TO...And for good reason...But I have to say that this was a REAL good decision by TO for many reasons...But reason #1 is #83...Make no mistake about it... :thumbsup:

What's the worst that can happen....

Hey, we don't make the playoffs, hell we been doing for a decade.

Yeah I'll take the "Mouth" and see what we can do.

This "rube" is renewing Monday!

maybe

but at least it's causing some excitement and we are dreaming of better days.

It's all ready worth it to me

Amen. At the very worst, we'll still suck, but the circus and drama will be in full effect. Now you truly have must see TV.

This was so obviously a marketing move. Think the Bills lost a bunch of season tix renewals? I think so.

He will be a boy scout for half the season and the moment we are out of it, he'll explode. No coach is going to want to come here with that idiot on our team. Thankfully it's only for 1 year.

This could be a genius move or the nail on the coffin that finally puts this franchise in the ground.

Still, I give them credit for trying to shake things up. We don't have a strong enough locker room to keep him in check. The lunatic is gonna run the asylum.

so what???? we can be mediocre and boring.... or mediocre and a hell of a lot of fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BAAAAAAAAAAAAAABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!