Today I un-did what I previously did.

So, after a long time thinking about it, I cancelled my season tickets today. I've had them for 11 years. Before that, I was in college and high school and used to make as many games as possible. I'm still a Bills fan. And I will still have Direct TV's Sunday Ticket so I can watch every game. So, I'm not one of these dingbats that are saying that they are no longer Bills fans and such. I'm still a Bills fan true and true. However, my money will no longer be going for seats in the stadium.

I do have to say, however, that this choice is a little easier for me as I live in Richmond VA. 9 Hours each way. I'll probably still go to the opener and that may be about it. Who knows.

But I digress. The Bills finally broke me. I'm sick of the crap that has been spewing from their mouths over the last couple of years, and the product on the field, sidelines, and front office is, at best, amatuer. We are all here on this message board for a reason, the love of the Bills, so I don't have to point out that we've done absolutely nothing this offseason while the rest of division continues to get better. I don't have to point out Jauron, the "Toronto Series", or any other jackass thing this organization does. But they finally broke me. Today, my money won't be spent in Buffalo this fall and winter. I won't frequent their hotels, restaurants, bars or the Ralph, and it saddens me. Money has nothing to do with my decision as my wife and I lived a blessed life in that aspect. However, the crap that is put on the field year after year has gotten old for me.

I played college baseball, and even coached in college when I was done. I used to have a partial season ticket plan for the Pittsburgh Pirates and went to every playoff game....home and away.......in the 90's when I was in college. Then, they became irrelevant. They busted apart their team from the early 90's and became nothing. They then built the best ballpark in baseball and we were told that would help get players to Pittsburgh and help keep thier own stars there. It didn't happen. Apathy set it, and slowly but surely, I stopped caring. I read a box score every now and then just to make fun of them, but largely baseball has become non-existent in my life. They are run much like our current Buffalo Bills.

I tell that story, because I hope that never happens to me with the Bills. But I will say this, I never thought I'd cancel my season tickets, but I did. I'm just so sick and fuggin tired of sucking every year, and them not doing anything about it. Not holding front office people (modrak and guy) responsible for doing horrible jobs. I've had enough. Same thing happened to me with the Pirates. And folks, it does happen. The city of Pittsburgh is so apathetic about baseball, you most of the time wouldn't know it existed if it weren't for PNC Park. I hope the Bills don't get like that, but I think it's getting to that point.

I still can't wait til opening day. Hell, I still can't wait for the draft. I somewhat look forward to signing more table scraps and them telling us how good these backups from other teams actually are. But instead, this fall and winter, I will sink my own money into my own gameroon opr some other project around the house, and not into Ralph's pockets!!!

I'll probably regret it, but damn, this is just pure misery anymore. Scott Norwood missing that FG in SB wasn't nearly as bad as the state of our team is in right now.

SHOVE THAT UP YOUR ASS RUSS, YOU DIDN'T QUITE MARKET THE TEAM SO WELL TO ME NOW DID YOU? Fix the fuggin football team for once.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I gave up my season tickets before last year. I had them for five or six years. I almost crapped myself when they started out 5-1 (thinking what a dumbass I was for not re-upping). I actually went to the opener and Oakland game, thinking I would come back. Then, everything became familiar to me after that point. The team fell apart and once again this decade, hope was basically gone after game 10 or 11. I don't blame you for your decision, I just wanted to offer this advice, since you have to know that there will be games when you wish you had them. I actually felt like Brett Favre last year - unsure about quitting at first, but then finally validated.

It may take some time, but this, in my opinon, is the only way the front office will take notice. they can say what they want, but if fans keep buying tickets and merchandise, why should they change the product? They still feel they do well in the marketplace, so why change the team?

I am a diehard Bills fan and always will be, but I salute your decision. Let them take notice. if they continue to lose season ticket holders, maybe then they'll wake up and say, "Wow, we really need to do something." Until then, they don't care.

I'm having the same internal battle right now with my seasons, have had them for 5 years.

When I called to tell my rep that I was cancelling, I actually think he's the one that pushed me over the edge. He got me so pissed off telling me to stay the course, blah, blah, blah, I actually told him to just shut up and quit talking to me like I'm an idiot.

FUGG U, Inner circle!

It may take some time, but this, in my opinon, is the only way the front office will take notice. they can say what they want, but if fans keep buying tickets and merchandise, why should they change the product? They still feel they do well in the marketplace, so why change the team?

I am a diehard Bills fan and always will be, but I salute your decision. Let them take notice. if they continue to lose season ticket holders, maybe then they'll wake up and say, "Wow, we really need to do something." Until then, they don't care.

You know, even in the marketing and merchandising aspect, they've lost me. I mean seriously....90% of Bills fans think the current uniforms are atrocious, so who really wants to buy them? But, we all do anyway, but no one itches to get the jerseys because they look good.

Then, if you do decide to get a jersey, who in the hell do you even get? I mean, really, we have NOBODY on this team that really gets you excited. Nobody. We all think Lynch, Evans and Poz are better than they are, only because we just cling to some kind of ignorant hope that someone else in the league will say they are a superstar, but deep down in, we know they aren't. So, who do you even buy???

I've got the nicest collection of throwback sh-- over the last 7 years for my gameroom, because we don't have any fuggin players really worth investing in. That doesn't mean I don't like Lee, Marshawn, or someone like Poz or McGee, but jesus come on.

The whole organization right now is a complete joke. From top to fuggin Copeland Bryan, we are a joke.

So, after a long time thinking about it, I cancelled my season tickets today. I've had them for 11 years.

LV-Bills we can only hope that somone from the Bills organization gets your post in front of Ralph and team. While I hate the circumstances that drove you to your decision you articulated a message that resonates with any of us who are serious Bills fans. It speaks volumes that you carried tickets for 11 years and you lived that far away. Hopefully, your words carry the same weight with the Bills. Let's hope someone there reads the message.

I think the Bills has no one to blame but themselves. You look around the league. What other fans would still be packing the stadium every week when their team fail to make the playoff ten years in a row? Only Bills fans. They have finally broken our hearts. When Jauron was extended, many of us believed the Bills stop caring. That was when I cancel my tickets. Right now I am taking the wait and see approach. If they prove me right and continue to suck, I will stay away. I am still going to watch them play on TV, but they will need to put a better product on the field for me to go back.

I`m with you. I didn`t have season tickets,but would take the family ,wife 2 sons and one of there friends. Not anymore,even cancelled my Bills digest which I carried for yrs, shout magazine. I haven`t bought any Bills sportwear for 2 yrs. I`m even thinking about cancelling my Sunday Ticket. It`s working Ralphy . Keep up the good work. Thats two games a yr. we won`t be seeing. LETS GO BUFFALOOOOO :rolleyes:

I cancelled my seasons that I had for ten years after the 1975 season when we were right in the middle of some really funky sh*t. I think Kay Stephenson was the coach. Shortly thereafter Ralph got tired of losing and hired the only 'big name ' coach in Bills history, Chuck Knox. I keep waiting for Ralph to get tired of losing now and go out and get a Marty or a Cowher, But I dont think he gives a crap

I was expecting one big ticket free agent signing this off-season, if for no other reason than to energize the fan base. I'm still waiting.

So, after a long time thinking about it, I cancelled my season tickets today. I've had them for 11 years. Before that, I was in college and high school and used to make as many games as possible. I'm still a Bills fan. And I will still have Direct TV's Sunday Ticket so I can watch every game. So, I'm not one of these dingbats that are saying that they are no longer Bills fans and such. I'm still a Bills fan true and true. However, my money will no longer be going for seats in the stadium.

I do have to say, however, that this choice is a little easier for me as I live in Richmond VA. 9 Hours each way. I'll probably still go to the opener and that may be about it. Who knows.

It's a bigger commitment driving from here in Virginia 9 hours than those still in the Buffalo area. I'm going thru the same thing myself and I've had my tickets for 30 years ! The trips home after bad losses are rough. It's an easier trip to make for a decent product.

It's a bigger commitment driving from here in Virginia 9 hours than those still in the Buffalo area. I'm going thru the same thing myself and I've had my tickets for 30 years ! The trips home after bad losses are rough. It's an easier trip to make for a decent product.

Isn't it though? We usually drive to Pittsburgh on Sunday Nights and stay there after home games. It puts us at relatively half way to VA. The drive back anymore is so miserable. You listen to WGR all the way to Erie until it fades out and vent with the rest of the miserable Bills fans. Then you switch over to Sirius NFL radio and never hear a word about the Bills because they are irrelevant to everyone outside of Buffalo.

It's just excruciating anymore. It makes you so miserable, and the whole time driving home on Monday, you keep asking yourself......."why in the hell am I still doing this for this horseshit team"?

It's been like ground day for the last 10 years.

:rolleyes::lol::lol:

What we all say on here speaks volumes. I give you credit for canceling your season tickets. Sadly most of our posts fall on blind eyes as the Bills FO probably does not read this. However, it was a sad day for me.

Today I did something that I never thought I would do as a Bills fan. I live in Toronto ( I know its not even close to the distance most of you guys travel to games) and I made a choice not to buy tickets this year like many of you until I see a better team. But I checked the schedule and remembered that the Colts are coming to Buffalo and so I changed my mind.

Never before have I based my decision on buying tickets based on the Bills opponent until this year. Before I didnt care who they where playing just as long as I was at the game supporting my team.

I'm a far recent Bills fan. Just since the 90s. I didn't grow up with a football tradition, so I have no idea what a lot of the folks here went thru with the sh***y Bills.

But years later I stayed loyal - partly because of the teams of the 90s *and* the front office and coaches. But moreso because of the fans, I just couldn't get over how much the Bills meant to WNY. Even in Rochester where I used to live. I live in Nashville and football is a big part of the South. Especially college ball.

But, I honestly can say that no other region I've been to lives and dies by their team as much as Buffalo fans. The one possible exception is maybe Pittsburgh.

So when ownership and the FO these past few years seems just a shade over apathetic. It breaks my heart for so many reasons. WNY deserves better. But unfortunately, unless something fundamental changes in the way the franchise is run, I believe it will only get worse and then ultimately the team will have to move due to lack of support.

I don't know what the answer is. But I know what isn't the answer - to continue giving these idiots our hard earned money. I've made the decision to cancel the Sunday Ticket for the upcoming season. It just doesn't make sense to pay to be aggravated.

Peace brothers and sisters,

Charles

Isn't it though? We usually drive to Pittsburgh on Sunday Nights and stay there after home games. It puts us at relatively half way to VA. The drive back anymore is so miserable. You listen to WGR all the way to Erie until it fades out and vent with the rest of the miserable Bills fans. Then you switch over to Sirius NFL radio and never hear a word about the Bills because they are irrelevant to everyone outside of Buffalo.

It's just excruciating anymore. It makes you so miserable, and the whole time driving home on Monday, you keep asking yourself......."why in the hell am I still doing this for this horseshit team"?

It's been like ground day for the last 10 years.

:rolleyes::lol::lol:

LOL....exactly !! :lol: