Today I un-did what I previously did.

While I think what a lot of you say is telling, and I appreciate you sharing your stories here is the bottom line:

The NFL is SO big now, Ralph will always find 70+ thousand 'suckers' to attend these games. Even if a lot of us here who a lot of us are way above average when it comes to how much time we put into following this team, do not come back, there are enough casual fans who will want to do, get bombed, fight, hurl in the bathroom, and cause issues at the stadium.

Until THAT changes, we won't see Ralph do squat, unfortunately.

A sold ticket to him is a sold ticket, no matter if it is a great fan or a turd.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, after a long time thinking about it, I cancelled my season tickets today. I've had them for 11 years. Before that, I was in college and high school and used to make as many games as possible. I'm still a Bills fan. And I will still have Direct TV's Sunday Ticket so I can watch every game. So, I'm not one of these dingbats that are saying that they are no longer Bills fans and such. I'm still a Bills fan true and true. However, my money will no longer be going for seats in the stadium.

I do have to say, however, that this choice is a little easier for me as I live in Richmond VA. 9 Hours each way. I'll probably still go to the opener and that may be about it. Who knows.

But I digress. The Bills finally broke me. I'm sick of the crap that has been spewing from their mouths over the last couple of years, and the product on the field, sidelines, and front office is, at best, amatuer. We are all here on this message board for a reason, the love of the Bills, so I don't have to point out that we've done absolutely nothing this offseason while the rest of division continues to get better. I don't have to point out Jauron, the "Toronto Series", or any other jackass thing this organization does. But they finally broke me. Today, my money won't be spent in Buffalo this fall and winter. I won't frequent their hotels, restaurants, bars or the Ralph, and it saddens me. Money has nothing to do with my decision as my wife and I lived a blessed life in that aspect. However, the crap that is put on the field year after year has gotten old for me.

I played college baseball, and even coached in college when I was done. I used to have a partial season ticket plan for the Pittsburgh Pirates and went to every playoff game....home and away.......in the 90's when I was in college. Then, they became irrelevant. They busted apart their team from the early 90's and became nothing. They then built the best ballpark in baseball and we were told that would help get players to Pittsburgh and help keep thier own stars there. It didn't happen. Apathy set it, and slowly but surely, I stopped caring. I read a box score every now and then just to make fun of them, but largely baseball has become non-existent in my life. They are run much like our current Buffalo Bills.

I tell that story, because I hope that never happens to me with the Bills. But I will say this, I never thought I'd cancel my season tickets, but I did. I'm just so sick and fuggin tired of sucking every year, and them not doing anything about it. Not holding front office people (modrak and guy) responsible for doing horrible jobs. I've had enough. Same thing happened to me with the Pirates. And folks, it does happen. The city of Pittsburgh is so apathetic about baseball, you most of the time wouldn't know it existed if it weren't for PNC Park. I hope the Bills don't get like that, but I think it's getting to that point.

I still can't wait til opening day. Hell, I still can't wait for the draft. I somewhat look forward to signing more table scraps and them telling us how good these backups from other teams actually are. But instead, this fall and winter, I will sink my own money into my own gameroon opr some other project around the house, and not into Ralph's pockets!!!

I'll probably regret it, but damn, this is just pure misery anymore. Scott Norwood missing that FG in SB wasn't nearly as bad as the state of our team is in right now.

SHOVE THAT UP YOUR ASS RUSS, YOU DIDN'T QUITE MARKET THE TEAM SO WELL TO ME NOW DID YOU? Fix the fuggin football team for once.

When the team is finally sold and the smoke settles, things will change. Whether or not they stay in Buffalo is the million dollar question.

Can't say I disagree with you on your decision. The team has been in disarray for years, with no real end in sight except for new blood via the sale of the organization. If you lived closer by, I would have been inclined to disagree with your decision, but you don't. I think there will be a fairly high amount of fall out from keeping Jauron and such inactivity (so far) in free agency. But it seems to come down to $$ for Ralph and as long as he's not going bankrupt or at least losing large sums of money, I don't think he looks at it as anything other than a business at this point.

I hope you still watch the games and keep on posting.

And stay a fan.

I've been a fan since the late eighties/early nineties as well. And IMO, what we're seeing is the final goodbye to this franchise. I didn't expect to see Haynesworth or Houshmandzadeh signed, but I didn't think they'd sign the three they have.

The Bills are coasting along until Mr. Wilson passes and the team is sold. The priority since TD was canned is to keep the books in good shape for the inevitable sale. Everything fits nicely: keeping DJ, selling games to Toronto, not spending in UFA, and relying on hype that never is fulfilled.

I've only had seasons for two years, and in the words of a good friend who I went to games with, "I'm just tired of losing." After what I've seen in UFA, I don't think the turnaround is coming this season.

Some will wait until the absolute last minute to see that there isn't a light at the end of the tunnel. Others are reading the writing on the wall.

I've only had season's for two years but just paid for my third. I still wanna go and love it but I struggled with the decision because of not only the lousy product but the economy stinks and my money could be better spent or saved. But I enjoy the experience too much. I just wish they'd win...

The Bills are my addiction. As I said in another post, emotionally I have no choice but to keep on renewing the tickets even though I live out-of-town.

People are free to do whatever they want to do with their money.

Nevertheless, the best way to ensure that the Bills move out of Buffalo is for season ticket holders to give up their seats and for people to stop going to games. I just hope that the converse (high number of season ticket holders and sell outs) is enough to keep the Bills in Buffalo.

While I think what a lot of you say is telling, and I appreciate you sharing your stories here is the bottom line:

The NFL is SO big now, Ralph will always find 70+ thousand 'suckers' to attend these games. Even if a lot of us here who a lot of us are way above average when it comes to how much time we put into following this team, do not come back, there are enough casual fans who will want to do, get bombed, fight, hurl in the bathroom, and cause issues at the stadium.

Until THAT changes, we won't see Ralph do squat, unfortunately.

A sold ticket to him is a sold ticket, no matter if it is a great fan or a turd.

1st half of the season i agree, but when we are 1-4, the stadium will be quite empty, scalpers selling for 30$/ticket

Living in Va I typically try to get to a game each year. Not this year. I love the Bills have since I was a boy and I'm now 49. I guess it might just be hangin with the Bills Backers this season. But I'm not even sure if I'll do that. One thing I know I won't do is purchase any Bills gear. As my stuff wears out I'll just have to do without. Eventually I'll have to pull the Zubas out of the closet! Go Bills!!!

OBD you have let us down.

I canceled mine before last season for very similar reasons as you. I'm still a huge Bills fan, and I'll be looking to make 1-2 trips a year (last year, I went to Jacksonville, St Louis, and 1 game in Buffalo), but I just could't justify that level of commitment when there hasn't been much return.

My seat is better filled by someone who can party pre-game, go to the game, then have a short ride home. The 400 mile drive home, loss after loss, really starts to make you wonder why you continue to put yourself through the torment.

Well said. :thumbdown:

(yet... here I am on the other side of the world, checking these boards a couple times a day, in hopes that there will be news about the Bills landing some respectable Free Agents to make this a quality team again. How pathetic is THAT??)

You know, even in the marketing and merchandising aspect, they've lost me. I mean seriously....90% of Bills fans think the current uniforms are atrocious, so who really wants to buy them? But, we all do anyway, but no one itches to get the jerseys because they look good.

Then, if you do decide to get a jersey, who in the hell do you even get? I mean, really, we have NOBODY on this team that really gets you excited. Nobody. We all think Lynch, Evans and Poz are better than they are, only because we just cling to some kind of ignorant hope that someone else in the league will say they are a superstar, but deep down in, we know they aren't. So, who do you even buy???

I've got the nicest collection of throwback sh-- over the last 7 years for my gameroom, because we don't have any fuggin players really worth investing in. That doesn't mean I don't like Lee, Marshawn, or someone like Poz or McGee, but jesus come on.

The whole organization right now is a complete joke. From top to fuggin Copeland Bryan, we are a joke.

...I do have to say, however, that this choice is a little easier for me as I live in Richmond VA. 9 Hours each way. I'll probably still go to the opener and that may be about it. Who knows....Money has nothing to do with my decision as my wife and I lived a blessed life in that aspect....I played college baseball, and even coached in college when I was done. I used to have a partial season ticket plan for the Pittsburgh Pirates and went to every playoff game....home and away.......in the 90's when I was in college.... This fall and winter, I will sink my own money into my own gameroon opr some other project around the house...

Brag much?

The BUFFALO BILLS section of your biography was heart felt, however, especially for an 11 year season ticket holder. It's too bad you are giving up on going to the games, since you can afford to still go. It's your personal choice, and its' the Bills loss - hopefully they will get better someday soon and you can drive up again.

It is OK to say that you can not afford the tickets .

Making it about the team is bull sh-- . IT IS THE BILLS . there are a lot of other teams that have not done as well as us .

I am telling you ThAT YOU ARE FULL OF sh-- blaming it on the team and orgganization . I f you are a true BILLS fan YOU will be at the games .

You people are full of it calling yourselfs FANS . YOU ARE NOT A FAN . YOU ARE A WANT A BE FAN . I am so sick of you people that call your selfs fans .