Today I un-did what I previously did.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those aren't contradictory. It may have been an upgrade at the position, but that hardly means it helps the team (just ask every other team that Owens has played for). And just because it was an upgrade at the position, doesn't mean it wasn't a shameless PR move - upgrade or not, receiver is one of the few positions that wasn't a problem area for this team. So they upgraded a position that didn't really need upgrading, and in the meantime still have a line that can't block and will get the QB killed, and a perennial 7-9 coach who's entire philosophy is based on coaching to mediocrity and achieving greater through blind luck.

Upgrading a position that didn't really need upgrading isn't going to rescue this team from Jauron on Sunday afternoons. It does, however, generate interest and excitement in fan base that was seriously pissed off at a team that collapsed and underachieved last season at the hands of a consistently mediocre coach. Hence, shameless PR move, and no contradiction at all.

If that means I'm not a Bills fan, because I'm not delusional about it...well, how many of you still watch replays of Scott Norwood's kick, and lean to the left thinking maybe this time it'll go through? :D Delusion is what being a Bills fan is all about...so I guess I'm not.

The 49ers were a GOOD team when TO was there. How have they been since he left? Philly could never quite make that last push to the Super Bowl, With TO's help they got there & TO Played a GREAT game in the SUPER BOWL on a BROKEN LEG. The Eagles should have won that game. The loss is on McNabb & that is why Philly fan HATES him. TO got the Cowboys to the playoffs for the 1st time in YEARS & the loss was on Romo. They had a disapointing season last year because Romo did not get the ball to TO often enough.

I'm going to go ahead and say that you're a potato head, since you clearly didn't read a single damned thing I typed, which was: upgrading the WR position doesn't make a damn bit of difference, when it wasn't a position that NEEDED upgrading and won't help the team win any more games, since coaching and other, weaker positions are what are going to determine this team's mediocrity. Replacing Reed with Owens isn't going to make a damn bit of difference to a team that can't block, can't pass rush, can't stop the run, and is coached not to win, but to "be in a position to win" in the final two minutes. Owens is just the difference between a 7-9 team, and a more disappointing 7-9 team.

But he's got all you pinheads excited about the Bills playoff chances next year, so the shameless PR move worked. Ironically, it worked so well that it blinds you to how shameless a PR move it was.

So what is your point, Tom? TO is a huge upgrade at a position of need. You can try to spin it any negative way you want but he is vastly superior to Josh Reed. The team also made nice strides this year in blocking and stopping the run. You must have been to busy complaining to notice the improvements. The pass rush is poor right now, but what do you want to do about it pre-draft? Should they suspend all attempts to upgrade talent elsewhere until they get the pass rush right? Everyone has an opinion about the coaching, and guess what he's still the coach. It's getting repetitive, but what do they do about that, stop trying because the fans are sour on Jauron? Truthfully all of your reasoning behind not wanting TO has nothing to do with the team. He is cheap and we didn't give up any picks for him. Your lame duck excuses are just that. I would respect your opinion alot more if you just admitted to not being a fan of the guy and wishing he wasn't a Bill.