Bills cut Dockery

TimGraham

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Now since they cut him how does this effect the cap number? I know in real dollars it helps. Which at then end of the day is all that Mr Wilson cares about. He still counts against the cap space right? But the Bills were under the cap now by some 20+ million. How does that adjust? And now the Bills dont pay him this year. So they have more money to spend on a FA. Right?

Oh and the chest pain remark was funny but so wrong.

thats the only thing i can think of they must be freeing up a LOT of cash for a reason. They were well under the cap so i dont see this as a money issue. Now they have truckloads of money under.... are they planning something big?

Obama & Co. are eliminating the zero Estate Tax for 2010.

Ralph will live!

:lol:

Cutting Dockery is really big news

Bills hopefully have some big plans in mind or have his replacement all set to sign on Friday AM...

Wilson wants a better offense. Maybe we are about to see a change in attitude and responsibility making this a much better club.

I like the move for Dockery was a drag on the offensive line and in the salary dept. He never produced the way he should have for the salary he made.

I do not know how this is going to affect the salary cap however. That info. still is to come. But I like the move so far. Let's see who they have in mind

for his replacement..........

Thanks a lot Tim. :lol: How's your daughter?

I'm not sure this was a sal cap move to free up money as much as it was a cut because he wasn't performing to the level of his contract. If the Bills sign a FA center then they can move DP to the guard spot at the worst and he's been decent there before. I also wonder if they plan on moving Demetrius Bell into that guard spot. He was drafted as a T but might be moving.

To be perfectly honest I thought this SHOULD happen midway through last Season...But I never expected The Bills to actually do it...

Surprised? A little...Shocked would be if Kelsey was next...I'm actually starting to see a crack of light at the end of the tunnel...This is the 1st proof I needed that the Bills mean business in 09... :lol:

Why not? They now have another big hole to fill on the line. They must be going after someone. Spare me the usual comments please. They are old.

What? You mean old like 9 years no playoffs old? Because our FO makes all the right moves and I'm just being an A-Hole?

Dockery sucked. He underperformed from day 1. This is an excellent start to free agency. You have to get rid of the dead wood before moving forward. The next few days of free agency are going to be very interesting as to how this team is going to look. Does anyone have a list of all the interior lineman who are going to be free agents come tonite? Please post it.

Also, does anyone think that cutting Dockery freeing up more money means a new extension for Jason Peters is imminent? Just a thought to throw out there.

What a big surprising move. At least for me it is.

No doubt he hasn't lived up to his contract.

Two questions.

Who will replace him?

How much will that save us on our cap figure?

I hope this is a move to go after Jason Brown

Now since they cut him how does this effect the cap number? I know in real dollars it helps. Which at then end of the day is all that Mr Wilson cares about. He still counts against the cap space right? But the Bills were under the cap now by some 20+ million. How does that adjust? And now the Bills dont pay him this year. So they have more money to spend on a FA. Right?

Oh and the chest pain remark was funny but so wrong.

If all Wilson cared about was money, I doubt they would have cut him. How about the fact that MAYBE he was cut because he was not that good and they are trying to improve the team?

I guess I'm not surprised. In the last half of the year, the Bills running game was working well. I realize that he was overpaid, but it seems they can always find some way to f*** up what works well. And we all saw how well this OL played in the middle of the season when Butler went down; the reserve guards on the roster are just outstanding. :lol:

Now, we have two gaping holes in our OL, not just one. Joy.

thats the only thing i can think of they must be freeing up a LOT of cash for a reason. They were well under the cap so i dont see this as a money issue. Now they have truckloads of money under.... are they planning something big?

You'd have to think that a release like this signals that the Bills will be major players in FA or trade. This has to be freeing up money for something. The only other thing could be that Peters finally got his new contract at the expense of the guy who came here to play next to him!