:hypothetical: if you could trade beastmode, would you?

I have no idea what marshawn would be worth, maybe something like a late 1st rounder? an early 2nd and 4th?

if you could trade him, would you? and what "realistically" would it take for you to trade him? just curious what the general thoughts and feelings are.

i would trade him for a high 2nd and 4th. and try to sign fred taylor. the picks would give them a lot of flexability provided they dont mess it up

I think we could maybe get Boldin or Winslow for him...I would trade him for something like that only because I believe Jackson could be a top 10 back as a full time starter. I wouldnt be too high on draft picks, because there is no certainty the players we pick will ever amount to much, but if we could get a really good player or even ELITE player like Boldin, then I would be all over it. Then sign Taylor to back up Jackson, and we would still have a lethal RB squad IMO

I hate to say this cause I like the style of play from Marshawn the toughness and all. But as an overall player....I dont like him. He has a terrible problem trying to catch the ball out of the backfield, he drops more passes then he catches. He rarely finds holes that are there. Honestly, I think Fred Jackson is just as good as Lynch. I think we can cut ties with Lynch grab draft picks and be on our way.......

Another "trade a star player" thread :pirate: I wouldn't trade Lynch unless we got a top 15 1st round pick and a 3rd rounder. I would then use that pick to take Beanie Wells from Ohio St. or Knowshon Moreno from Georgia. Either way, it would be like we traded Marshawn for a rookie RB and whatever we got in the 3rd.

On a side not though, I don't really want to trade Lynch at all. The guy is a GOOD, versitile RB. :rolleyes:

I'd take either a late 1st/early 2nd along with a 4th or 5th.

IMO Lynch is only going to get in more trouble. Dump him while you can. The best part about the whole thing...you end up with a more versatile starting RB in Jackson who in addition to being a good player, is able to keep his nose clean.

I think we could maybe get Boldin or Daniels for him...I would trade him for something like that only because I believe Jackson could be a top 10 back as a full time starter. I wouldnt be too high on draft picks, because there is no certainty the players we pick will ever amount to much, but if we could get a really good player or even ELITE player like Boldin, then I would be all over it. Then sign Taylor to back up Jackson, and we would still have a lethal RB squad IMO

i wouldn't trade him simply because he is young and has a great deal of talent. marshawn has had some off the field issues, but is one of the few players that has any heart. i love watching me some marshawn on sundays because he gets his fellow bills and us fans involved. he is the one player that i love watching the most. just wait to see what he can do when he gets a good center and a jason peters that is ready to live up to his pro bowl status.

This is a tough one, because I'm not sure if it would set us back once again or give us some damn good picks to improve elsewhere.

The thing is that its almost 100 % certain that Lynch would go somewhere else and put up ADP numbers behind a decent line and a good core of offensive talent.

100% sure about that. And he probably wouldnt take as much of a beating.

Wait, why isn't he screaming for a trade again?

I think we could maybe get Boldin or Winslow for him...I would trade him for something like that only because I believe Jackson could be a top 10 back as a full time starter. I wouldnt be too high on draft picks, because there is no certainty the players we pick will ever amount to much, but if we could get a really good player or even ELITE player like Boldin, then I would be all over it. Then sign Taylor to back up Jackson, and we would still have a lethal RB squad IMO

Now, I would do a Boldin for Lynch swap. I wouldn't do a Winslow for Lynch swap though. If we traded Lynch for Boldin, I would then pursue Derrick Ward in FA to go along with Jackson. I know he's 29, but he hasn't had the wear and tear on his body like some NFL RB's have had at that point in their career. He also averaged 5.6 ypc this past season. I still don't really want to get rid of Lynch just yet. Let's wait till he starts talking about us moving to Toronto :rolleyes:

Now, I would do a Boldin for Lynch swap. I wouldn't do a Winslow for Lynch swap though. If we traded Lynch for Boldin, I would then pursue Derrick Ward in FA to go along with Jackson. I know he's 29, but he hasn't had the wear and tear on his body like some NFL RB's have had at that point in their career. He also averaged 5.6 ypc this past season. I still don't really want to get rid of Lynch just yet. Let's wait till he starts talking about us moving to Toronto :rolleyes:

If we sign Fred Taylor, you better believe we'll be shopping Lynch, like it or not. Personally I love the guy but his pass catching ability is subject and so is longevity with that kind of running style.

Yeah Ward could also be a good compliment to Jackson. I am not a fan of trading Lynch for picks, unless it was a bounty like a 1st and a 3rd...problem is, RB's never go for that much. Heck, Sea and Indy tried trading Alexander and Edge when they were still in their prime but couldnt even get a 2nd. Add in Lynch's off field troubles and I just dont see a sexy enough package of picks to warrant moving him.

AZ may be forced to trade Boldin, and they need a RB...so this could be a win win here. Im not crazy about Winslow, but he definitely fills a big need, so I would be ok with it. Again, this stems from the faith I have in Jackson to be a dangerous back, who I actually think hits the hole more consistently than Lynch and is a better reciever out of the back field. I love how Lynch runs, but Jackson is no slouch IMO, and if we can get back top talent for Lynch, then I say do it. I dont want to see us just give him away though...

I wouldn't trade Lynch unless it was for something / someone exceptional, Boldin perhaps, maybe even to Cincy for Chad Johnson. Lynch is arguably the best player the Bills have IMO.

Jackson is really good, but who knows if he can take a full seasons pounding,even if the Bills were to add Taylor which would be a mistake IMO. RB's take more abuse then any other position, there is a reason the Jags have dumped him.

Marshawn's trade value is probably at an all time low right now. He is a risk for whoever would trade for him. The Bills would be selling low. I'll bet it doesn't happen and I'm skeptical that there would even be trade talks.

On top of that, this is considered a very deep year for running backs (since so many junior RBs declared) so most teams with a need in that area will look to the draft.

I don't believe the trade rumors. They make no sense. We wouldn't get value in return. I still think the Fred Taylor stuff is insurance oriented in case an injury/suspension happens to Lynch or Jackson.

unbelievable!

actually, it is believable, it doesn't surprise me that the respondants on this thread would want to trade our probowl players. Seem's to be an ammusingly disturbing trend

The "why trade pro bowl players" argument is a very valid one when talking about draft picks, as there is no assurance of how those picks will translate to the NFL, and I agree this would be a mistake.

However, if you are getting back a better talent like Boldin, then the fact Lynch was a Pro Bowl Alternate is irrelevant as Boldin is and has been a better player his whole career at a much tougher position to fill. You dont pass up a chance to get that kind of talent, epecially when giving up lesser talent at a position we are deep at. Lynch is a very good RB, but Boldin is an Elite WR. Jackson is no slouch either, so the drop off is minor, if there is any drop off at all.

Honestly, look at these two hypothetical lineups and which one do you think produces more points?

Trent, Lynch, Jackson, Reed, Evans

Trent, Jackson, Taylor, Boldin, Evans (my pick for more points IMO)

Add in the fact that having Boldin would be a perfect compliment to how Trent likes to throw and it will open up the running game even more making the ground game more effective. I guess what it boils down to is your opinnion of Jacksons ability to be a starter.

The "why trade pro bowl players" argument is a very valid one when talking about draft picks, as there is no assurance of how those picks will translate to the NFL, and I agree this would be a mistake.

However, if you are getting back a better talent like Boldin, then the fact Lynch was a Pro Bowl Alternate is irrelevant as Boldin is and has been a better player his whole career at a much tougher position to fill. You dont pass up a chance to get that kind of talent, epecially when giving up lesser talent at a position we are deep at. Lynch is a very good RB, but Boldin is an Elite WR. Jackson is no slouch either, so the drop off is minor, if there is any drop off at all.

Honestly, look at these two hypothetical lineups and which one do you think produces more points?

Trent, Lynch, Jackson, Reed, Evans

Trent, Jackson, Taylor, Boldin, Evans (my pick for more points IMO)

Add in the fact that having Boldin would be a perfect compliment to how Trent likes to throw and it will open up the running game even more making the ground game more effective. I guess what it boils down to is your opinnion of Jacksons ability to be a starter.

I wouldn't be opposed to having Boldin.

That's a lot of money though for 2 wide receivers. Between Lee Evans and Boldin, you gotta figure thats close to $20 Million a year for 2 wideouts. That makes up around %16 of the total that we can spend on our entire team.

$20 Million for 2 wideouts

$100 Million for the rest of the 50 players

doesn't seem proportionate to me. I would have to believe that this would water out the talent level moving forward, unless we drafted really well, since these guys you really don't take that much off the cap figure.

Having said that, I would love to have a Boldin as our #1 reciever. I would have to say that our offense would be better with him in the lineup as opposed to having Lynch and Jackson.

This would be one of the very few scenarios that I would be happy with.

unbelievable!

actually, it is believable, it doesn't surprise me that the respondants on this thread would want to trade our probowl players. Seem's to be an ammusingly disturbing trend

Why? Everyone has a price at which is makes complete sense to trade. The thread question was simply a hypothetical. Personally I wouldn't do it for a 2d and a 4th since half of all draft picks are busts, but I would certainly do it for a top flight WR like Boldin or Burress.

I wouldn't be opposed to having Boldin.

That's a lot of money though for 2 wide receivers. Between Lee Evans and Boldin, you gotta figure thats close to $20 Million a year for 2 wideouts. That makes up around %16 of the total that we can spend on our entire team.

$20 Million for 2 wideouts

$100 Million for the rest of the 50 players

doesn't seem proportionate to me. I would have to believe that this would water out the talent level moving forward, unless we drafted really well, since these guys you really don't take that much off the cap figure.

Having said that, I would love to have a Boldin as our #1 reciever. I would have to say that our offense would be better with him in the lineup as opposed to having Lynch and Jackson.

This would be one of the very few scenarios that I would be happy with.

The money does seem like a lot, but we do have the cap room right now to be able to handle that pay load at WR and still bring in some key free agents and sign our draft picks.

Why? Everyone has a price at which is makes complete sense to trade. The thread question was simply a hypothetical. Personally I wouldn't do it for a 2d and a 4th since half of all draft picks are busts, but I would certainly do it for a top flight WR like Boldin or Burress.

great!!

trade one player who was accused of having a gun in a car trunk for another who shot himself in the leg.

great!!

trade one player who was accused of having a gun in a car trunk for another who shot himself in the leg.

Yes it would be. They are both questionable from a character standpoint, so basically a wash there. We'd be downgrading RB a bit in exchange for solving the glaring WR problem.

It helps if you are able to avoiding letting wild emotions get in the way of logic.

Yes it would be. They are both questionable from a character standpoint, so basically a wash there. We'd be downgrading RB a bit in exchange for solving the glaring WR problem.

It helps if you are able to avoiding letting wild emotions get in the way of logic.

HA! then why are you talking about trading our star, 3rd year, Pro Bowl Running Back in the FIRST PLACE??!!??!!

On the field Lynch is one of the enjoyable runners I have ever seen, but off the field he is self destructing. If we could get a 1st rounder or a 2nd and 3rd, something like that, I would have to let him go. After all, running back is one of the easiest positions to draft an instant impact player and one of easiest for a young player to adapt to the NFL. I would trade him now before he is really in deep sh*t and we get nothing for him.

This has to be one of those sarcastic posts. Marshawn is a Saint compared to Plaxico Burress. I would trade Lynch to, but I would rather have players with Lynchs attitude than one with Burress. He has been a trouble maker every since he was in High School at Green Run H.S. here in Virginia Beach. Marshawn isn't a cancer in the locker room or on the field, and when he is on the field he always gives 100 percent, not when he feels like it. Burress is a cancer that spreads quicker than sh*t.

I have no idea what marshawn would be worth, maybe something like a late 1st rounder? an early 2nd and 4th?

if you could trade him, would you? and what "realistically" would it take for you to trade him? just curious what the general thoughts and feelings are.

i would trade him for a high 2nd and 4th. and try to sign fred taylor. the picks would give them a lot of flexability provided they dont mess it up

No. Because his value is too low right now. The Bills would be LUCKY to get a 3rd for him right now, and it probably would have to be conditional to get that, so it wouldn't even be a 2009 draft pick. And I doubt they would trade him because of Fred Taylor. Taylor is pretty much done. If they did though, perhaps they would have learned their lesson about using #1 picks on RB's. Yeah, some teams can afford to do it, but if you have sub-par coaching and an inconsistent record in evaluating personnel you can't shop in the candy aisle on day 1.

The Winslow option would be intriguing though. He's on the out in Cleveland so there is a remote chance this could be done. No way Arizona trades Boldin for Lynch, Boldin is good product right now, Lynch is damaged goods. Winslow and Pettigrew would make a great duo in Schonert's now favored 2 TE offense. Big TE's are the ideal match for Trent Edwards strength, the short-to-mid-range passing game. Having two guys who can be moved from inline blocker to legitimate receiving threat would be a great weapon against these pain-in-the-asss 3-4 defenses.

NO--I love marshawn on the field. We need his attitude.Other than him this team is a bunch of pansies

I'd trade him for a first round pick, which I'd use on an offensive tackle. Then I'd trade Jason Peters for a 2010 first round pick, which I'd spend on a wide receiver, because in the 2010 draft, I plan to trade Lee Evans for a 2011 first round pick. After getting a first round pick for Leodis McKelvin after we use the franchise tag on him, I'd take a cornerback with our own first round pick in 2012 and use the one we got for McKelvin on on an inside linebacker to make Posluszny expendable, netting us a cool 2013 first round pick.

Of course that one wouldn't matter once the world ends in late 2012 and spares us more of this team.

Even though I love the kid, I'd trade Marshawn Lynch. His behavior in the off season is becoming a disturbing pattern. It would have to be on two conditions though. I'll need a 1st and at least a 4th round draft pick and the Bills would have to sign Freddie long term and bring in a Derrick Ward or Buckhalter.

you're a star dumbass.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQ6x_CpOfyY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adxy0HAkyHI

watch those and try telling me he's not the best player on our team, let alone worth a 2nd and a 4th.

Good link again. He's clearly talented and one of, if not the, best player on or team. I still would trade him for Boldin straight up though. Draft picks are iffy like one of the other posters stated. You could end up selecting 2 complete turds with those picks.

unbelievable!

It is sad... Marshawn is the best player on the team. Don't let his off field mistakes chase him out of town. We need the BEAST !!!