Browns are trying to trade Derek Anderson

bananathumb

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think he'd be the solid backup QB we are looking for and would give up a player like Whitner or McGee (assuming we had re-signed Greer) or a 3rd rounder, maybe even Peters straight up, if it's true that he is dogging it because of the contract.

stupid post

Wait, you'd actually consider trading starters on defense for a backup QB with a huge contract? Or our LT, who despite the idiots around here who think he sucks, is still the best LT we've had in 15 years? This post has got to be a joke. Nobody can be that stupid.

I think he'd be the solid backup QB we are looking for and would give up a player like Whitner or McGee (assuming we had re-signed Greer) or a 3rd rounder, maybe even Peters straight up, if it's true that he is dogging it because of the contract.

cleveland doesn't really have any leverage here.

they've made it clear that brady quinn is their QB, and anderson's contract is ridiculous.

my guess is they end up cutting him and taking the signing bonus cap hit, because i can't see them eating his $10million dollar salary to be the backup. Then I could see us signing him for an incentive laden deal, possibly.

If he was traded for, I can't see anything more than a pittance given up for him. It'd just be stupid for any team to give up anything more than that.

in summary, if we could sign him for cheap after cleveland cuts him, then hell yes sign him. let him and edwards battle for the #1. this BS about 'Edwards is entrenched as the starter' is ridiculous.

Someone go and get Chriss Simms.........PLEASE!!!!

Wow!!

I hope you're not serious. Anderson for Peters straight up? :rolleyes: That's a statement that could get you institutionalized. Whitner or McGee for Anderson? ;) Again, another psychotic statement. The only way I give up Whitner or McGee for Anderson is if they give us their 2nd to go with Anderson. If we're going to trade for the guy, I wouldn't give up any more than a 5th round pick and that's on the basis he would renegotiate his contract. Cleveland gave him $24 million over 3 years.

Let's not go beserk and give up Peters or Whitner, or any starters, but Derek Anderson is a legitamate starting QB candidate who could undeniably challenge Trent.

For those who are totally sold on Trent as the future savior, maybe some real competition is what he needs to jumpstart his career. Derek Anderson would be that competion.

For those, like me, who are not completely sold on Trent, I would love to see a big phylsical QB come in and get a shot. No, I am not sold on Anderson as a great QB, his completion percentage is kinda low and he does not have much mobility, but his arm is strong an he has had some success. He's also played in some nasty weather in Cleveland.

Go get him and let him and let him and Trent battle it out. Like other posters, I think Anderson's fat contract lowers his trade price dramatically -- I say a third round pick might do it.

You gotta get over the love affair with Trent. I like Trent and I believe he may still be the best option, but c'mon, with his durability issues and failure to produce in Buffalo weather, the Bills need to bring some real competition into camp and let the best man win. No more of this 7-9 nonsense, let's get going.

"I think he'd be the solid backup QB we are looking for". You should have stopped right there.

Did you even think before writing the rest of your post ?

Whitner, McGee or Peters for Derek Andersen???

:rolleyes:;);)

Lets Trade our starting O-line and Schobel for D. Anderson :rolleyes: