JP a good fit for the Jets

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The jets will probably trade up for a qb in the first round. That isn't any great shakes for us as I suppose to get a good qb they will need a top five pick. JP isn't anyone's idea of a starting qb right now and he'll be lucky to catch on with pretty much any team in a back up role.

The jets will probably trade up for a qb in the first round. That isn't any great shakes for us as I suppose to get a good qb they will need a top five pick. JP isn't anyone's idea of a starting qb right now and he'll be lucky to catch on with pretty much any team in a back up role.

your right, but some team that is in need of a qb will probably give him a chance to compete for a spot, while they are looking to either groom or find their future qb.

your right, but some team that is in need of a qb will probably give him a chance to compete for a spot, while they are looking to either groom or find their future qb.

Playing this season was JP’s opportunity to audition for a job with 1 of the other 31 teams in the league. In that respect, I have to say he failed miserably by not demonstrating any proficiency at the QB position. Whether the team around him contributed to this is something the 31 other NFL front offices need to figure out, not me.

I’ve never been are ardent supporter but the guy has the ability to be a good QB. What he lacks is the mental awareness for the position. Can this be learned or is it genetic?

IMO, he could be reasonably successful with a coaching staff that gets in his face and drills into him a sense of discipline and demands accountability from its players. I didn’t see that with the Bills passive, everybody’s got to love one another and be best friends, Juronism coaching philosophy.

If you’ve played organized sports and experienced both what was more satisfying? Have a ‘good buddy’ coach and losing or having one that ‘rode your ass’ and winning?

Would the collective board explode if JP became a good QB on another team? The "I told ya so"'s and the backtracking by those who claimed to never want to get rid of him despite claiming he suck would be fun to watch.

The sheer entertainment value of such an event would be worth paying a registration fee for this place. :w00t:

Would the collective board explode if JP became a good QB on another team? The "I told ya so"'s and the backtracking by those who claimed to never want to get rid of him despite claiming he suck would be fun to watch.

The sheer entertainment value of such an event would be worth paying a registration fee for this place. :w00t:

Shouldn't surprise anyone if any ex-Bill coached by Jauron went on to have a good career somewhere.

I hate to bash JP because I like the guy.

Time to throw? I think we've all seen countless plays where JP was standing back there looking downfield, and resembling a third grader trying to make sense of a quantum physics equation on the chalk board.

He can't read defenses, no matter how much time he has.

Can't really disagree with you there. It's more Murphy's Law of the Buffalo Bills than anything else.

Top 5 pick? Both QB's will not be gone in the top 5...

oh man, that'd be hilarious. i'd be loving it.

I am not absolutely certain he will not be a good quarterback somewhere. His stay here was snakebit in a hundred ways and he had some remarkable plays and moments. On the other hand he was still making the same old mistakes last year that he made from the beginning. I hope he does become a good qb somewhere as he is a good guy, but I just haven't seen it yet. Remember Jim Plunkett who had a god awful first few years and took Oakland to a superbowl.

I will not try to backtrack, I would simply admit I was dead wrong. Would not be the first time. I still stand by my prediction that the guy will be out of the league in 2 years.

John (NY): In case Farve doesnt come back next year, whats ur take on Clemons getting the start? Or should they look for someone else in the draft?

SportsNation KC Joyner: (4:57 PM ET ) Max Kellerman asked me this very question on ESPN Radio NYC a couple of weeks ago and my take then was the Jets should take a hard look at JP Losman. Losman's metrics have been great and he's a fiery guy who could rally the offense around him if given the chance. I'd take him over Clemens any day of the week.

Joyner's never wavered in his support for JP.

How do you think J.P. would feel if he came into Buffalo and hung another "L" on Buffalo's record? I think he'd go there for that chance alone. So he could walk across the field to shake TrINT's hand and say, "Great game :rolleyes: ".

The sheer entertainment value of such an event would be worth paying a registration fee for this place. :rolleyes:

Past performance is the greatest indicator of future results.

See also: Dick Jauron :o

Wow do I hope JP goes to the Jets. Two more wins for the Bills next year baby!!!

Ditto .... JP is not going to change at this point in his career ... all the physical tools ... short on the mental ones ... prone to turnovers. I say he is out of the league in two years.

Here are the teams who are weak at QB that JP can land on this off season. DET, CHI, SF, STL, TB, MIN, KC, NYJ, and possibly CAR. Based on that list it appears JP is headed somewhere in the NFC. IMO, i can see JP landing in either MIN, DET, or STL. Based on JP's strengths and weaknesses MIN is a perfect fit, here's why. In order for JP to thrive he needs a very good offensive line, running game, and a deep threat receiver, MIN has all three. Minnesota's o line will be able to give JP the extra time for him to throw, its pounding style running game will set up the play action pass (especially the deep pass) and will not require JP to throw much which would reduce his turnovers, and he has a Lee Evans clone in Bernard Berrian to throw deep to. If i were the GM of the Viking's i would sign this guy and make him my starter.