***INTERNATIONAL BOWL GAME THREAD***

PromoTheRobot

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh man, i was hoping no one would bring up the "true Buffalo sports ending" but yeah, the Bulls pulled it off. They still have that crazy upset in the MAC Championship game over the 12th ranked team and no one can take that away/

Jeez...you guys are a bunch of cry babies. We were beaten by the better team today, and though the Bulls didn't get the job done. the played with passion and sportsmanship. We had a great season, winning the most important game (IMHO) a month ago.

Good job Bulls. I'm disappointment, but I'm also very proud and very excited about next season.

Jeez...you guys are a bunch of cry babies. We were beaten by the better team today, and though the Bulls didn't get the job done. the played with passion and sportsmanship. We had a great season, winning the most important game (IMHO) a month ago.

Good job Bulls. I'm disappointment, but I'm also very proud and very excited about next season.

I agree with parts of that, but I have to say that I think it was a very badly called game by the Bulls offense. They played the whole game scared, almost never throwing the ball downfield or trying anything outside a very vanilla scheme.

If it wasn't for horrible special teams play by UConn, this would have been an embarrassing game.

Surprised by how ineffective UB's offense was. Not surprised that UB's defense was a sieve. How often does a team win the turnover battle by a 5-1 margin and lose by 18 points?

I know the MAC is not a conference of defensive powerhouses, but you have to be respectable.

That being said, a great season that hopefully Gill can build on unlike what Witherspoon did after the bball team came within a couple of seconds of the MAC championship and then was not able to use this to his recruiting advantage.

Not surprised that UB's defense was a sieve.

Man, I hope Gill can recruit some D-linemen in the next few years to at least slow down the opposition. OL would be nice, too.

Oh well, the MAC title game still makes it a teriffic season. That game was my most enjoyable sports viewership experience of 2008.

Big difference between losing to a better team and losing to an equal or lesser team because of horrible coaching decisions.

Who was the equal or lesser team(s)? Last time I looked BFLO was pretty bad. They won against the lesser teams:

OAK

STL

SEA

DEN

KC

JAX

And they beat SD... They are in the playoffs, even though they are 8-8.

No way was NYJ, MIA, and NE a lesser or equal team. Same with AZ.

The only ones I think they really blew were against the Browns and 'Niners. The Brownies were a bad team. I am not so sure about SF, after Singletary took over they became better than the Bills.

Who was the equal or lesser team(s)? Last time I looked BFLO was pretty bad. They won against the lesser teams:

OAK

STL

SEA

DEN

KC

JAX

And they beat SD... They are in the playoffs, even though they are 8-8.

No way was NYJ, MIA, and NE a lesser or equal team. Same with AZ.

The only ones I think they really blew were against the Browns and 'Niners. The Brownies were a bad team. I am not so sure about SF, after Singletary took over they became better than the Bills.

The Bills have more talent than Miami.

Just got back from Toronto. I agree it was a conservative game plan on UB's part but the UCONN D was sick. Buffalo has not faced a D like that this year. And they lost the game in the trenches for sure. We may not have BCS talent but we have a BCS coach.

It was a lot of fun. I like the Rogers Centre for football. We sat in sec 217 and the seats were awesome. One thing I will say is UB fans need to get their energy up. They cheered and made noise but many times when UB needed a defensive stop they sat quietly. They can learn crazy from Bills fans.

PTR