Who will watch the Bills in 09' if Jauron is still the HC

Jerry Jabber

I have already thrown my Bills stuff in the trash, I am moving to North Carolina and I am shoping for new team.

Maybe the Panthers.

I hope that was sarcasm. How the f* do you shop for a new team?

"I say, that young Chad is a stunning fellow. I think I'll cheer for Miami." :sick:

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Deciding not to watch the Bills next year because of Dick Jauron assumes that he is the problem with the team. However, the players, some of whom seemed genuinely upset by losing, insist it's not the coach's fault. I have not heard a single Bills player who's given anything less than whole-hearted support for Dick Jauron.

What are we to believe? Are our players playing poorly in a good system, playing well in a poor system, or playing poorly in a poor system? Donte Whitner suggests that it's the players who are underacheiving. I've yet to see a good answer to this question, but it means a lot regarding how we view next year.

Deciding not to watch the Bills next year because of Dick Jauron assumes that he is the problem with the team. However, the players, some of whom seemed genuinely upset by losing, insist it's not the coach's fault. I have not heard a single Bills player who's given anything less than whole-hearted support for Dick Jauron.

What are we to believe? Are our players playing poorly in a good system, playing well in a poor system, or playing poorly in a poor system? Donte Whitner suggests that it's the players who are underacheiving. I've yet to see a good answer to this question, but it means a lot regarding how we view next year.

Do you watch the games?

Just asking.

Do you watch the games?

Just asking.

Oh, don't get me wrong. I think Dick Jauron needs to be fired. I'm just trying to figure out why the players to man support him if he's really the problem. Maybe they're scared of getting their asses chewed out every once in a while.

Oh, don't get me wrong. I think Dick Jauron needs to be fired. I'm just trying to figure out why the players to man support him if he's really the problem. Maybe they're scared of getting their asses chewed out every once in a while.

The Bills have character players (some think that is a bad thing, here). They aren't the kind of guys that regularly throw their leader under the bus. I'm sure that Dick is a likable guy, and they feel bad for him. I am confident, when a new coach comes in, they will be praising the difference in leadership and competence.

The Bills have character players (some think that is a bad thing, here). They aren't the kind of guys that regularly throw their leader under the bus. I'm sure that Dick is a likable guy, and they feel bad for him. I am confident, when a new coach comes in, they will be praising the difference in leadership and competence.
Only if they suck.

I am not going anywhere...literally and figuratively...

I am all for Jauron getting canned (as much as it pains me to admit, I had wanted him as our HC when Mularkey was picked), but I won't go crazy if he is not. I think he is, if nothing else, unarguably, a poor game day coach. I don't know if he can get better at that, at this stage in his life. When you hear players from New England saying how they prepared for the weather conditions, by watching game tape of the Bills and the Giants last year (similar conditions), and then you hear our coaches saying how "we prepare for this type of situation every week in practice" but they still keep !@#$ing up the same things, you really have to wonder how far behind the Bills are from the rest of the teams in their division, let alone the entire leaugue.

However, and I know it has been said over and over already, I would just assume keep Jauron another year (based on the fact that he is a good guy, reportedly pretty smart, and the players really do seem to love him), than going into another year with another coach with no track record, wondering if we are on the right track, again. I am torn over the assistants. Fewell has called some good games, granted, against poorer teams, but I hate the tampa 2 defense that we run...Turk has had some inspired games as well (again against poorer teams) but I am mystifiied by his transformation into the second coming of Steve Fairchild the last half of the season. I am not sold that the team has as much talent as some here seem to keep insisiting, but I think the coaches are coaching like they don't believe they can win a simple football game by playing football...they seem to feel the only way their group of Bills can beat another team is with trickery and finesse...this is no different than what we saw with Mularkey...

But yeah...I will be back...can't wait!

However, and I know it has been said over and over already, I would just assume keep Jauron another year (based on the fact that he is a good guy, reportedly pretty smart, and the players really do seem to love him), than going into another year with another coach with no track record, wondering if we are on the right track, again. I am torn over the assistants. Fewell has called some good games, granted, against poorer teams, but I hate the tampa 2 defense that we run...Turk has had some inspired games as well (again against poorer teams) but I am mystifiied by his transformation into the second coming of Steve Fairchild the last half of the season. I am not sold that the team has as much talent as some here seem to keep insisiting, but I think the coaches are coaching like they don't believe they can win a simple football game by playing football...they seem to feel the only way their group of Bills can beat another team is with trickery and finesse...this is no different than what we saw with Mularkey...

It sounds like you'd like to see a change in both offensive and defensive philosophies and schemes. But if that's the case, given Jauron's deficiencies which you acknowledged, why keep him around at all? I don't see the downside to trying someone new. If he bombs, you move on. But we know what we have in Jauron.

If Turk Shonert is not replaced somehow with a real OC I will start to question the whole Bills organization and wonder if

keeping the team in Buffalo even matters to the owner Ralph Wilson.

For Ralph Wison at his age it is a struggle both mentally and physically to really keep a keen grasp on everything from the Bills to his business holdings and meetings. Ralph is still very much a hands on guy, except like many elderly folks, a train of thought will tend to wander. My foks are both turning 88 shortly. Mom is worse than Dad but even he tends to relate the cost of food for example with stuff purchased 20-30 years ago. Sticker shock hits to senior citizens harder the many of you yough working mem and women. I take them shopping and stuff they always liked and purchased often, are suddenly too expensive in their minds even though between them they could probably buy a Tops. I last saw Ralph Wison in the PM club early one Sunday. He speach was slow and hesitant and even thoug I saw him after every game and taked often, he didn't remember me until I rminded him of some of the stories he had relayed to me in the old ofices where the M&T club iis locaated now. I got the impression that the fight to field a good team just doesn't matter to Ralph Wilson as it once did. He was very thin, almost frail looking

Only being on the board a few years I always wondered why everyone was always so down on Ralph Wilson including some of the most respected posters and now I understand.

I'll always watch the Bills and always want them to do well, but my distaste for Ralph Wilson's way of running his business is growing and I have to agree with some of the posters, its time for Ralph Wilson to make the sale while he is alive and well to make sure it goes over without a hitch and the Bills stay in Buffalo. If Wilson is allowed to wipe out the support of our fan base here in Buffalo, we could lose our team.

1) I fell off the Jauron bandwagon at the end of the first half on Sunday, and then the bandwagon rolled over me in the 4th quarter when they threw into the wind on 3rd and 1. BUT....

2) Ralph Wilson doesn't seem (to me, anyway) to be the type of person who is going to bring in the next Bill Walsh. The Bills are not going to get Parcells if Huizenga sells the Dolphins, they're not going to get Cowher, they're not going to get Schottenheimer, they're not going to get Knute Rockne. Deal with it. If Jauron is fired, the Bills would end up with another Joe Unknown, another Bob Sortofgood, another Hank Hopeheknows.

3) Given Point 2 above, do I really REALLY want to blow things up and start over from scratch? AGAIN??!!?? With Joe Unknown? Bob Sortofgood? Hank Hopeheknows? Better the devil I know. Get the best DE in the draft, and then the best C, and shop for a TE not named Derek. And maybe a new set of training wheels for Schonert.

4) I'll be back. You'll be back. We'll all be back. Stop kidding yourselves.

Exactly, the players love him because he doesn't hold anyone accountable. Accountability hurts only those who don't perform.

I'll be back, I'll always be back. I guess I enjoy the torture. However, I did make a vow not to buy any new Bills merchandise or tickets until a major change is made, whether it be coaching change, or a major player signing that will make a difference in Free Agency.

I try to convince my self after each disappointing season that I am done, but truth be known-I will be watching if they hire Donald Trump to coach. I would love to see a winner and I am as frustrated and p*ssed off as much as any other fan, but it is in my blood. So, like every year, for 5 or 6 weeks I will have some false hope, then after that be b*tching like any other fan who is watching them throw another season away.

For some reason, I can't add a poll to this topic.

I can't suffer through anymore of this. I didn't like the choice of Jauron in the first place, but was willing to give him a chance. Before this season started, I felt this was Jauron year to prove something, there were no more excuses. If we didn't make the playoffs, then Jauron should be fired. Well, it turned out much worse than many of us would have thought before the season started.

I wont be watching