When DJ is fired (and he should be)

todd

Will the same people who want DJ fired complain when the Bills spend another 3 years rebuilding?

Don't fool yourself. It will take that long, no matter what your hopes are. Miami and Atlanta are exceptions to the rule, and if you are hoping for a quick turnaround you should be smart and temper your expectations. This is true, and even more true in a division with the Patriots and Miami w/ Parcells.

So when the Bills go another two years without making the playoffs, no bitching.

Will the same people who want DJ fired complain when the Bills spend another 3 years rebuilding?

Don't fool yourself. It will take that long, no matter what your hopes are. Miami and Atlanta are exceptions to the rule, and if you are hoping for a quick turnaround you should be smart and temper your expectations. This is true, and even more true in a division with the Patriots and Miami w/ Parcells.

So when the Bills go another two years without making the playoffs, no bitching.

If they fire him will you stop posting?

Miami and Atlanta are NOT exceptions. If anything, those kinds of turnarounds are the norm in the NFL today.

Don't fool yourself. It will take that long, no matter what your hopes are. Miami and Atlanta are exceptions to the rule, and if you are hoping for a quick turnaround you should be smart and temper your expectations. This is true, and even more true in a division with the Patriots and Miami parcells.

Baby steps. Yeah, the step backward that was the Jauron regime was painful But the prospect watching this team fall short of the playoff next year, yet show progress? This has been the MOST frustrating season ever as a Bills fan. It's one thing to watch players not make plays...but it's another to watch a coaching staff like Jauron's continue to sh*t the bed.

I'll take being in recovery mode over watching this disaster continue to play out.

Go check out Miami.....nuff said

Question is, will it happen fast enough and will Ralph open his wallet for some talent, and lastly will we finally get some immediate impact help form this years draft?

There is no reason to "rebuild". The talent on this team is being squandered. A few additions and a better HC/OC are all that is needed, IMO. If they rebuild, they hired the wrong coach.

Todd, are you happy with this inept coaching staff? Will you continue to support a team that is outmatched every week for the years to come with Dick as the head coach?

0-6 in the AFC East man.................. :wallbash:

Come on Todd....................Dick doesn't belong here.

Miami and Atlanta are NOT exceptions. If anything, those kinds of turnarounds are the norm in the NFL today.

I'd have to agree. Free agency should be the Great Equalizer, and the Bills already have some talent in a lot of areas. This team isn't like the Dolphins of last year or this year's Lions - there are holes in the lineup, but the team is not that far off in terms of player talent. Bring in a good HC who is a strong talent evaluator, make a couple good draft picks and a couple key FA signings and there is no reason why they can't add 3-4 wins next year.

Then all you need is a HC and staff that can get the !@#$ out of their own way on gameday, and we're all set.

EDIT: The Dean beat me to it.

So you scold Bills fans who wanted Dick fired AFTER you say he should be fired?

:wallbash:

Sorry Todd, but I think the season has fried your brain.

Yawn. New argument please.

Like we were soooo close to the playoffs this year? :wallbash: If you can't see the game in game out bufoonery that comes from our sidelines then don't put your lack of observation on us. EVERY GAME features calls that even the kiss-ass announcers have to discuss WTF they were thinking.

Well first of all, they aren't going to make the playoffs anyway if Dick is still coaching, because he has NO IDEA WHAT HE IS DOING and will continue to singlehandedly cost Buffalo wins.

Second, who says they need to rebuild? They are a young team and aside from the obvious holes (C, DE, WR, TE), what they mostly need is a head coach who is not completely out to lunch.

I am certainly willing to take my chances on whoever we get.

Length of time with current team before first playoff berth:

Bill Belichick: 2 years

Tom Coughlin: 2 years

Mike Tomlin: 1 year

Norv Turner: 1 year

Mike McCarthy: 2 years

Ken Whisenhunt: 2 years

Eric Mangini: 1 year

Sean Payton: 1 year

Lovie Smith: 2 years

John Fox: 2 years

Jack Del Rio: 3 years

Marvin Lewis: 3 years

Tony Sparano: 1 year

Mike Smith: 1 year

John Harbaugh: 1 year (probably)

Herm Edwards: 1 year

Andy Reid: 2 years

Jon Gruden: 1 year

Tony Dungy: 1 year

Jeff Fisher: 6 years

Wade Phillips: 1 year

Mike Shanahan: 2 years

Mike Holmgren: 1 year

This isn't a cherry-picked list. That's every active head coach in the NFL with a playoff appearance with his current team. One of them failed to do it in the first three years - and those years were in a very different league in the early 90s and a team that moved.

There is no reason to "rebuild". The talent on this team is being squandered. A few additions and a better HC/OC are all that is needed, IMO. If they rebuild, they hired the wrong coach.

Totally agree :wallbash:

When the owner stated that this team is lacking talent its not on the field that is lacking,the talent that is lacking is the coaches on the sidelines and in the booth those :wallbash:

The 90% reason Atlanta and Miami got turned around was QB play. Both of those teams starting QBs from last year are not even playing now.

Coaching helps, but who do you want brought in? Face it, Cowher, Billick are NOT coming here as Ralph is not giving them complete control of the team and paying them 7-10M/year. So we are back at square one........again. Not the biggest fan of Jauron at all but I think a change is re-starting everything over again.

maybe a new philosophy will wake this team up.jauron is not a leader. the players love him because he doesn't get in their faces when they mess up or don't work hard enough.he is too soft on his players.maybe if they feared their jobs a little bit and maybe if the coach is tougher during traning camp will the team toughen up. a weird thought just popped into my head.maybe marv levy sugested to ralph to hire jauron knowing he would fail as a head coach. don't forget marv lobbied for the head coaching job and ralph gave him gm instead.probably not but just a thought

Todd, are you happy with this inept coaching staff? Will you continue to support a team that is outmatched every week for the years to come with Dick as the head coach?

guys.....I know that we are all upset but lets not turn on each other....right in Todd's post he says that DJ should be fired....

Now as far as the rebiulding.....it may not take that long.....we do have some nice pieces in place and a decent draft spot.

Coaching helps, but who do you want brought in? Face it, Cowher, Billick are NOT coming here as Ralph is not giving them complete control of the team and paying them 7-10M/year. So we are back at square one........again. Not the biggest fan of Jauron at all but I think a change is re-starting everything over again

Well, if we're not going to improve our players ever, and we're never going to hire a good coach, Jauron is probably pretty good at keeping 7-9 from becoming 3-13.

As I said in another post, the Dols' (and Falcons') success is largely due to QB play. Get even an average performance from Trent during the 5 losses in which he played half or all of the game and the Bills win the division.

The big question is, is Trent the guy? Or do they bring in someone else?

You know you douchbags who think it is better for Jarhead to say are pathetic...Anthig is bteer than this drivel week after week with this idiot in charge...his dumb coaching mistakes, lack of time management...etc., etc.,

No bitching here...JUST end the MADNESS!!!

so pi***ed off...I cant even spellcheck!!

You know you douchbags who think it is better for Jarhead to say are pathetic...Anthig is bteer than this drivel week after week with this idiot in charge...his dumb coaching mistakes, lack of time management...etc., etc.,

No bitching here...JUST end the MADNESS!!!

....right in Todd's post he says that DJ should be fired....

So Todd finally admits that Dick Jauron should be fired on the last day of the 2008 season. Why should anyone care how long he thinks the rebuild will take, he was wrong about Jauron and he's wrong about how long it takes to turn around an NFL team in today's NFL.

I was one of the lonely few who was screaming that Dick Jauron should be fired at the end of last season. We'd be a year ahead if they had done just that. I happen to think that this team will make the playoffs with a brand new, and hopefully competent, head coach in 2009. There's no rebuilding to be done, it's built and just needs a couple of more parts and a coach with half a brain and some fire to get this team into the playoffs next year.

So Todd finally admits that Dick Jauron should be fired on the last day of the 2008 season. Why should anyone care how long he thinks the rebuild will take, he was wrong about Jauron and he's wrong about how long it takes to turn around an NFL team in today's NFL.

I was one of the lonely few who was screaming that Dick Jauron should be fired at the end of last season. We'd be a year ahead if they had done just that. I happen to think that this team will make the playoffs with a brand new, and hopefully competent, head coach in 2009. There's no rebuilding to be done, it's built and just needs a couple of more parts and a coach with half a brain and some fire to get this team into the playoffs next year.

Are you kidding? Anyone who watch that game today vs the pats can tell you are biggest weakness is COACHING, that includes our terribel play calling and game managment!! \

ANd about quick turnarounds-look at the NFC South, loser of division has won it the following year, 4 years in a row now.

IT CAN HAPPEN WHEN YOU KNOW HOW TO PLAYCALL AND COACH-which jauron cannot. He has 1 winning seasons in 8 years and .442 winning percentage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WAKE UP DUDE

Like we were soooo close to the playoffs this year? :wallbash: If you can't see the game in game out bufoonery that comes from our sidelines then don't put your lack of observation on us. EVERY GAME features calls that even the kiss-ass announcers have to discuss WTF they were thinking.

You are so right. Kinda like today vs the pats. Running the ball with 22 seconds left and no time outs. Even a retarded child playing madden would know better.

I MEAN C'MON

I completely agree with this post. Regardless of what anyone says, this team has talent at all positions. The problem, however, is the talent is young and misused. Young players at almost every key position means you get plenty of mistakes. I expect that. However, what you don't expect is the coaching staff to routinely put those young players in the worst possible position to win.

A new HC and OC could do worlds for this team. But, as stated, if they hire a coach that rebuilds, we're in trouble. There's absolutely no reason this group of players can't be competitive in this league.

DJ should be fired for no other reason than 0-6 against the Pats* and 0-6 against the division this year. If you can't win in your division, you'll never make the playoffs. Simple as that. 0-6 is unthinkable. Add to it the mis-handling of the game time situations and his being fired should be announced tonight. I'll take my chances with anyone else, at this point.

You are so right. Kinda like today vs the pats. Running the ball with 22 seconds left and no time outs. Even a retarded child playing madden would know better.

I MEAN C'MON

What? Please, it isn't hard to stop the clock with over 15 seconds on the clock. At least I didn't think it was.

Read my post title. I'm not defending DJ.

So you scold Bills fans who wanted Dick fired AFTER you say he should be fired?

Sorry Todd, but I think the season has fried your brain.

No, I'm hoping the goons around here give the new staff a chance.

When the owner stated that this team is lacking talent its not on the field that is lacking, the talent that is lacking is the coaches on the sidelines and in the booth those :wallbash:

Well, yes it is. But lack of adequate player talent (see LDE, RDE, TE, LB, C, G) is just concomitant to the lack of adequate coaching.

4th and ~ 6" on a day when Freddie has refused to go down and Turk goes for a low percentage pass. Yep. That about sums this season up. We just can't get an OC who calls what by all rights should be called or a HC who'll overrule said obtuseness.

Um, no sh--. Read my post title. All I'm doing is hoping that the new staff gets some patience from the fans after a frustrating season.

Watch your knee-jerk reactions to my posts, SDS. I don't remember the last time you responded politely to me.

OMG you are just soooo awesome! Just ask you.

Well, if we look no further than the Jauron era in Chicago, then hiring a competent GM and a good head coach can turn things around in 2 years with much of the same core group of players.

I hope that is the case, but I'm not optimistic.