Ross Tucker: Many Players Don't Care About Playoffs

Arkady Renko

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mike Williams would have fit this description. This is why locker room leadership is so important. My guess is that Bruce Smith may have fallen into this trap in his early career if he did not have teammates like Thurman to push him. I believe he became as motivated as anyone in the NFL and maybe mor so as his career went on.

Reminds me of one of my summer jobs in college. I worked at Fisher Price in the factory. Many people there wanted to work just long enough to qualify for unemployment and then they prayed they would get laid off so they could collect. This group was certainly small but how pathetic.

It is, indeed, an interesting article. And since Tucker played several seasons for the Bills, it's reasonable to think that he's talking about some our "heroes". I'm sure we could all guess who some of them were. It's good to know that none of our Bills will have to worry about being underpaid for any extra games this season.

It is, indeed, an interesting article. And since Tucker played several seasons for the Bills, it's reasonable to think that he's talking about some our "heroes". I'm sure we could all guess who some of them were. It's good to know that none of our Bills will have to worry about being underpaid for any extra games this season.
Obviously Bledsoe. :beer:

Hmmm? He mentioned going back to South Florida.... Someone who obviously didnt want to be in Buffalo.... Someone who gave little effort....

Is everyone thinking who im thinking?

Mr Willis "theres nothing to do in buffalo" McGAYhee? maybe?

Yep, but he was talking about when he was on the skins in that exampe I think. I like Ross articles,as well as Micheal Lombardi

i don't blame them.

these guys have been in football for all the time for their whole life. they are physically hurt all the time and some are prolly looking down the road and not wanting to be hurt for ever. if you don't like your boss or your coworkers, you won't be emotionally involved in your job, no matter what you do.

I wouldn't accuse JP of this.

With his average of 2 wins per season, I am thinking that the chance exists that Losman doesn't know what playoffs are.

I don't think too many Bills know much about playoffs.......................The franchise stunk before him and will stink after he is gone

This is why the Bills look for character players. Character means on field as well as off field. The Bills players of the early 90's were self motivated hard working guys. This is what a team needs all the time with every player.

People wonder why a guy gets cut and then ends up being great for another team. Sometimes it's a wakeup call. Also, Levy always said he'd rather cut a guy a year too early than a year too late. I think this has a lot to do with why.

I was floored. I was a bright-eyed youngster loving every second of the NFL and his response brought me back to the harsh reality of the business. He went on to say he just wanted the season to be over so that he could head down to Florida for New Year's Eve. He showed up to the last game with a packed-to-the-gills U-Haul attached to his SUV. He was leaving right from the stadium, right after the game.

If I was a coach or owner he would dress but wouldn't see the field at all that day and he'd be gone asap after the season.