The best chicken wing in NY is at...

Just Jack

Abigails in Seneca Falls.

It's a Wonderful Wing

As for Grady, the judges fell in love with his approach. He seemed far less worried about winning, Reynolds said, than he did about studying ways to make an even better wing. Grady works six days a week, and he speaks with passion of his craft. A true master, he said, must "respect the wing." Too many restaurants, he said, offer wings that are greasy, undercooked or sloppy with sauce. "They don't take the time," Grady said, "and they take advantage of the wing."

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best wings ever. Go to Wegmans and buy the frozen wings. Put them in the microwave for like four minutes. Take them out, shake them up and back in for 3 minutes, take them out and pour Frank's hot sauce all over them and put them back in for another 3 to 4 minutes. Take out, let cool and then pour blue cheese dressing all over them. It's like a chicken wing soup, and absolutley fabulous! :lol:

Best wings ever. Go to Wegmans and buy the frozen wings. Put them in the microwave for like four minutes. Take them out, shake them up and back in for 3 minutes, take them out and pour Frank's hot sauce all over them and put them back in for another 3 to 4 minutes. Take out, let cool and then pour blue cheese dressing all over them. It's like a chicken wing soup, and absolutley fabulous! :lol:

Sorry, I stopped reading when you said put the wings in the microwave. That sounds absolutely disgusting. What are you some kind of psycho?

Best wings ever. Go to Wegmans and buy the frozen wings. Put them in the microwave for like four minutes. Take them out, shake them up and back in for 3 minutes, take them out and pour Frank's hot sauce all over them and put them back in for another 3 to 4 minutes. Take out, let cool and then pour blue cheese dressing all over them. It's like a chicken wing soup, and absolutley fabulous! 0:)

:censored::censored::censored::censored:

Best wings ever. Go to Wegmans and buy the frozen wings. Put them in the microwave for like four minutes. Take them out, shake them up and back in for 3 minutes, take them out and pour Frank's hot sauce all over them and put them back in for another 3 to 4 minutes. Take out, let cool and then pour blue cheese dressing all over them. It's like a chicken wing soup, and absolutley fabulous! 0:)

:censored::censored::censored::censored:

I got to note somewhere to never accept any dinner invitation from Molson...

Best wings ever. Go to Wegmans and buy the frozen wings. Put them in the microwave for like four minutes. Take them out, shake them up and back in for 3 minutes, take them out and pour Frank's hot sauce all over them and put them back in for another 3 to 4 minutes. Take out, let cool and then pour blue cheese dressing all over them. It's like a chicken wing soup, and absolutley fabulous! :censored:

:censored:

Abigails in Seneca Falls.

It's a Wonderful Wing

As for Grady, the judges fell in love with his approach. He seemed far less worried about winning, Reynolds said, than he did about studying ways to make an even better wing. Grady works six days a week, and he speaks with passion of his craft. A true master, he said, must "respect the wing." Too many restaurants, he said, offer wings that are greasy, undercooked or sloppy with sauce. "They don't take the time," Grady said, "and they take advantage of the wing."

Most of what he says about wings, is true...crispy, not greasy or "overly" sauced (but fully sauced) is important. The confusion here (in the article itself), is that the blue cheese is for the wing. IMO, it is only for the celery. The wing, should be eaten, slightly hotter than you can stand, without blue cheese. So, no Grady's for me.

Most of what he says about wings, is true...crispy, not greasy or "overly" sauced (but fully sauced) is important. The confusion here (in the article itself), is that the blue cheese is for the wing. IMO, it is only for the celery. The wing, should be eaten, slightly hotter than you can stand, without blue cheese. So, no Grady's for me.

I never understood putting blue cheese on wings. That just smothers the taste. It's like putting Miracle Whip on pizza.

Crispy yes, fully, but not overly sauced yes, slightly hotter than you can stand, perfect description, BUT FOR GOD'S SAKE MAN, you DO dunk the wing in blue cheese!

Crispy yes, fully, but not overly sauced yes, slightly hotter than you can stand, perfect description, BUT FOR GOD'S SAKE MAN, you DO dunk the wing in blue cheese!

See Pasta Joe's post. :censored:

See Pasta Joe's post. :censored:

Ah, to each his own, at least I didn't say dunk 'em in ranch! But this thread has done it. I had a late breakfast and now it's lunch time. I'm going to the phone. Unfortunately, the best wings I can get here in Charlotte are from Wing Zone, a national chain. They are a fair substitute, but clearly two steps down from anything you could get from the average Mom and Pops place in WNY. They have about 25 different sauces. Besides Hotter, I like Thai Chili and Garlic Parmesan.

Ah, to each his own, at least I didn't say dunk 'em in ranch! But this thread has done it. I had a late breakfast and now it's lunch time. I'm going to the phone. Unfortunately, the best wings I can get here in Charlotte are from Wing Zone, a national chain. They are a fair substitute, but clearly two steps down from anything you could get from the average Mom and Pops place in WNY. They have about 25 different sauces. Besides Hotter, I like Thai Chili and Garlic Parmesan.

:censored:

I, too, am making the wing move, for lunch. Pickens are slim, here, but there is a new place to be disappointed by, so I will try it.

Thai Chili and Garlic Parmesan? Where's the head-shaking smiley? :censored: (Actually, that sounds pretty damn good...just not authentic. Maybe it's better to go non-authentic when dealing with a place that doesn't make great "real" wings.)

LOL, no, they are pre-cooked and then frozen. I should have said that. Don't care what anyone thinks, they are awesome!

To each his/her own, of course. But, there is absolutely no way those wings can resemble properly cooked (crispy) and sauced "Buffalo" wings, from a half-competent bar/restaurant.

To each his/her own, of course. But, there is absolutely no way those wings can resemble properly cooked (crispy) and sauced "Buffalo" wings, from a half-competent bar/restaurant.

He is making a "chicken wing soup". Clearly he doesn't want properly cooked wings. As you said, to each his own.

Oh I humbly and respectfully disagree, dipping the wing in bleu cheese is my method of choice.....then you dip the celery in the sauce/bleu cheese mixture.............

Right on.

Is this wings for gays?
Does the cup of bleu cheese come with a pink umbrella?

:(:D

Great stuff guys - I needed that laugh tonight. :)

LaNova's wings are awesome especialy the bbq ones. papa leos in wheatfield has great wings and i like duffs as well.

Not a fan of LaNova but good call on Papa Leo's and Duff's.

:(:D

Great stuff guys - I needed that laugh tonight. :)

Not a fan of LaNova but good call on Papa Leo's and Duff's.

I'm with you. Duffs are a known quantity. I haven't thought about Papa Leo's for a while, but yes, they were very good. Some of my favorite wings ever were from Tally Ho on 19th Street in NF...long defunct.

I always found everything from LaNova to be very average. The wings were big, but they don't know from hot.