Name one thing Ralph Wilson has done for Buffalo

rockpile

That's not just a big thing, it's a huge thing.

Imagine Buffalo without the Bills. The Sabres would have left (I doubt Tom would have bought them out a few years ago if the Bills hadn't been around) most likely and all of Western NY would have suffered.

As much as I think Ralph's puppeteering is an issue that is holding this team back, we wouldn't have a team if not for him and Western NY would be a much, much more dire place. So even though that may be the only thing he's done, it has to count for 10 to 20 things.

Just my two cents.

2) Gave Al Davis a lone so he could make payroll.

This is over 40 years old. Is there no statute of limitations on this gesture of good will. 0:)

Out of 48 years of football, the Bills have made the playoffs 17 years and 8 of those years they were one and done. Let's face it, outside of the 64-65 championships teams, which most of us including myself don't remember(I was only 6) and the Kelly era, there have been few bright spots in the franchises history. Ralph should thank his lucky stars that the county, community businesses and the fan base continue to support him in a big way while he rolls around in the money he has made during his time as the Bills owner.

I can't wait for the day the Bills have a new owner and IMO, no they won't be leaving Buffalo when this happens.

This is over 40 years old. Is there no statute of limitations on this gesture of good will. :huh:

Out of 48 years of football, the Bills have made the playoffs 17 years and 8 of those years they were one and done. Let's face it, outside of the 64-65 championships teams, which most of us including myself don't remember(I was only 6) and the Kelly era, there have been few bright spots in the franchises history. Ralph should thank his lucky stars that the county, community businesses and the fan base continue to support him in a big way while he rolls around in the money he has made during his time as the Bills owner.

I can't wait for the day the Bills have a new owner and IMO, no they won't be leaving Buffalo when this happens.

Keeping the team in Buffalo was/is a huge positive, however the fact that he won't sell before he goes does not guarantee us a team for the future....He legacy will be tarnished forever if they leave after he goes, so he might as well sell now and reap the benefits while he is alive and let the team move on......

Keeping the team in Buffalo was/is a huge positive, however the fact that he won't sell before he goes does not guarantee us a team for the future....He legacy will be tarnished forever if they leave after he goes, so he might as well sell now and reap the benefits while he is alive and let the team move on......

POST OF THE DECADE

Yes. If the team leaves after his death; his legacy is ruined. However, if he sells and the team leaves NOW; he's... what.. great? Brilliant.

I'd rather cheer for a bad Bills team, than no Bills team. Simple as that.

Kept the Bils here and filled his pockets.

I love the bitterness that people have because Ralph Wilson makes money as a NFL owner. It's priceless. If you don't want to fill his pockets stop buying gameday tickets, and merchandise.

1. Kept the team here.

That is it! It is a big thing but the only thing.

He hasn't even done that if you think about it. All he has done is NOT move them. He refuses to sell the team before his death to someone who he knows will keep it in buffalo. He has done nothing to keep the Bills here.

I am a lifelong Bills fan and a fan of Ralphs, but what has he really done besides kept the team here? It isn't like he did it and had to take a financial loss for himself. The owners of the Lions, Bengals, Browns and others kept their teams where they are-and they have all made the playoffs since the Bills have. Maybe he could donate towards payroll and pay more than a select few salaries that match the more successful teams. A big part of the blame is the fans of Buffalo, no matter what type of pathetic team he puts on the field, the seats are going to still be full, so why improve and give money away that could go in his pocket? He isn't going fit anymore people in the stadium.

Al Davis is in the HOF Ralph is not.

There's a reason for that...Some Bills Fans don't want to believe it, or don't want to hear it...But ask yourself why? Why in the world an NFL Owner who has the resume Ralph Wilson has is not in the HOF? It's not because He has yet to Win a SB...Kelly, Levy and Thurman are already in and they did not win one...So what is it?

Well maybe, just maybe it's because He's pissed off too many class individuals that worked for Him (and no I'm not talking about TD)...The word is out on Ralph...Just ask Mort...He won't tell You of coarse...But read between the lines... :huh:

I am a lifelong Bills fan and a fan of Ralphs, but what has he really done besides kept the team here? It isn't like he did it and had to take a financial loss for himself. The owners of the Lions, Bengals, Browns and others kept their teams where they are-and they have all made the playoffs since the Bills have. Maybe he could donate towards payroll and pay more than a select few salaries that match the more successful teams. A big part of the blame is the fans of Buffalo, no matter what type of pathetic team he puts on the field, the seats are going to still be full, so why improve and give money away that could go in his pocket? He isn't going fit anymore people in the stadium.

Do you not remember most of the 70's and '84 '85 seasons? Rich Stadium was pretty empty. I remember going to games with 20,000 fans in the stands. Don't blame the fans who love football.

Yes. If the team leaves after his death; his legacy is ruined. However, if he sells and the team leaves NOW; he's... what.. great? Brilliant.

I'd rather cheer for a bad Bills team, than no Bills team. Simple as that.

Typical. :huh:

LOL at fans who think that the Bills simply being here is good enough. Way to go, Ralph.

It's all relative, chimp. I wish my parents were super wealthy. They weren't. I still appreciated what they did for me.

But it's a free country. You're allowed to follow whatever team you want. If you think Ralph is an ahole, you can be a fan of another team. It really IS that simple.

What has Dan Snyder done for Washington?

Say what you want about Ralph...but if there were no Bills, WE WOULD NOT BE POSTING HERE....no Bills in Buffalo? No memories of making friends from this site....tailgating...the rush of the stadium on a Sunday when the game begins....bonding with my father because we both like the Bills...the Buffalo Bills help the economy in a region that needs everything it can get.

Yeah, Ralph might be a greedy bastard...name me ONE OWNER who ISN'T.

It's all relative, chimp. I wish my parents were super wealthy. They weren't. I still appreciated what they did for me.

But it's a free country. You're allowed to follow whatever team you want. If you think Ralph is an ahole, you can be a fan of another team. It really IS that simple.

That's the B word about loyalty to a team. It ain't an easy thing to do. Even when you know that the team owner never really gave a rat's ass. The players did, and do. Marshawn cares. Lee Evans cares. Jim Kelly cared. Biscuit Bennett cared. I can never stop hurting for the players who have their careers ruined by cheapskate owners who hire subpar coaches and GMs because they look at it as a business and not a pastime like they SHOULD.

So I am supposed to go away and don a Dolphins jersey because I see the writing on the wall. Thanks.

That's the B word about loyalty to a team. It ain't an easy thing to do. Even when you know that the team owner never really gave a rat's ass. The players did, and do. Marshawn cares. Lee Evans cares. Jim Kelly cared. Biscuit Bennett cared. I can never stop hurting for the players who have their careers ruined by cheapskate owners who hire subpar coaches and GMs because they look at it as a business and not a pastime like they SHOULD.

So I am supposed to go away and don a Dolphins jersey because I see the writing on the wall. Thanks.

You "hurt for the players?" Don't. They (at least the ones you mentioned) make/made a great living and are/were treated like royalty by their fans.

Furthermore, it's not like Kelly or Biscuit were "ruined," so I don't where you're getting that from. In fact, maybe if Kelly and Biscuit had cared a little more, they wouldn't have been partying until the wee hours of the morning OF THE SUPERBOWL.

You "hurt for the players?" Don't. They (at least the ones you mentioned) make/made a great living and are/were treated like royalty by their fans.

Furthermore, it's not like Kelly or Biscuit were "ruined," so I don't where you're getting that from. In fact, maybe if Kelly and Biscuit had cared a little more, they wouldn't have been partying until the wee hours of the morning OF THE SUPERBOWL.

If they did that, then I blame their coach, Marv Levy, even MORE for being a TERRIBLE General. If I were HC, I'd have hired private security to stand outside the players' hotel rooms.

And besides, I've gone over this with a fine tooth comb, and I heard they only partied before the first one, not the next three.

Well he got rid of those bad GM's like Polian and Butler. I mean what did they ever do except win. :huh:

Really? Ask Carolina about Polian after that miracle second season. And that team was given 2 picks at the beginning and end of each round in the 1995 draft, plus a veteran allocation draft. And he would have been fired after the (non-playoff) 1994 season anyway, if he hadn't gotten himself fired earlier.

As for Butler, he hamstrung the Bills' cap, Bolted, and then died. Unless you're claiming that staying in Buffalo would have cured his cancer.

If they did that, then I blame their coach, Marv Levy, even MORE for being a TERRIBLE General. If I were HC, I'd have hired private security to stand outside the players' hotel rooms.

And besides, I've gone over this with a fine tooth comb, and I heard they only partied before the first one, not the next three.

I heard the first 3. But the first SB was their only realistic chance of winning (every other opponent was a better team; the Giants were not), and they squandered it.

Really? Ask Carolina about Polian after that miracle second season. And that team was given 2 picks at the beginning and end of each round in the 1995 draft, plus a veteran allocation draft. And he would have been fired after the (non-playoff) 1994 season anyway, if he hadn't gotten himself fired earlier.

As for Butler, he hamstrung the Bills' cap, Bolted, and then died. Unless you're claiming that staying in Buffalo would have cured his cancer.

I think I'd rather ask San Diego and Buffalo about Butler, and Indianapolis and Buffalo about Polian, thanks.