Losman should be our starting QB

1billsfan

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trent has ruined this season with his brilliant consecutive trifecta of losing to the Dolphins, Jets and Patriots. Sorry and no offense pal, but you suck. He's clueless and needs to sit and watch Losman being given his final chance to resurrect his career as a Buffalo Bill.

These last three losses are so historically bad for this franchise that I don't think we here at TSW are even fully aware of the magnitude.

I know LABillsfan is going to give me flack and plenty of others here, but drastic times call for drastic measures. I think Trent has tossed every last bit of 5-1 cache he had with these last three abysmal games against the AFC East division. It's time to shake things up and put a QB in there that can actually get the ball to #83. If Losman fails, then give the ball to Hamden. I'm done with Edwards. You and your head coach can take a hike.

I watched part of the Giants/Eagles game last night and was amazed at how great Eli Manning looked. I remember not too long ago when Eli was getting dumped on by Giants fans and by the sports media because he was playing horrible. His first couple seasons weren't the best, but he pulled out of it. I'm hoping Edwards will do the same.

I always thought Losman was the better quarterback until he played a couple weeks ago when Trent was knocked out. Then I remembered the sacks, the holding on to the ball too long, etc. Maybe neither QB is the one - maybe it's Hamdan - but I don't think it's time to pull the plug on Edwards yet. The true test is to see whether he keeps making the same mistakes. Let's hope not!

Tell me these last three AFC East divisional games doesn't give you pause and at least think about benching this guy. There needs to be a consequence for playing that badly against the division.

The dude is in his SECOND YEAR, and showed quite a bit both this year and last. Anyone who thinks a QB won't show some growing pains might want to reevaluate reality and make it part of their opinion. This means you.

Perhaps these three loses exposed how thin the talent is on this team. Not many QB's can carry a team with poor talent. Trent certainly can't. If your name is not Brady, Faurve or Peyton Manning (specifically exclude Eli who is good but not as good as Payton) then you can not will a victory against a lessor team.

Jaroun was supposed to be a defensive guru but unfortunately his defenses, including the current one, suck. Matt Cassell looked like the second coming of Brady yesterday. Give me a break. Last year the Bills played with heart and tenacity. I've seen none of that in the past five weeks.

While I agree the Pats game was terrible for TE, but as mentioned he had 280 yards agaisnt the Jets and kept moving the ball. Yes he gave up 10 points on turnovers, but who else did anything in that game offensively?? There was no running game. While his turnovers created 10 points for the Jet's I really can't blame him for that loss as there was no one else doing anything, which also was true yesterday. Remove all his positive yards fro mthe Jet's game and what's left, nothing! Having said that his two int. yesterday were very poor throws.

One comments I will make, while I have trouble believing this really could be the difference, this team went down the toilet about the same time as Brad Butler got hurt at guard. Is he the person who kept the line and offense looking good??

Does it really matter what teams he did this against? Losman has thrown for under 100yrds 8 times in 31 starts & has thrown for under 200yrds 23 times in 31 starts. Everybody critizised Edwards last week(& some of it was justified) but when it was all said & done he still threw for 280yrds or I will put it in another way more yards then losman has thrown for in a game in 28 of his 31 starts.

Edwards, is struggling & needs to improve but lets not kid ourselves that there is even a chance that Losman could save this offense. That trainwreck pulled out along time ago.

I still think he's going to be a good one....BUT, he has lost his confidence...

He had a swagger early, but now it's gone....why does this happen to every Bills QB since Flutie????? :lol:

Exactly. Not only can't the offensive line run block but now every opponent is daring Edwards to win with the pass because of the inept running game. It doesn't matter where the ball is hiked. Edwards drops back and doesn't have time to look way down field as he senses the line is collapsing or fearing so. He has held the ball too long and he has thrown the ball away too quickly. Worst of all he is feeling the pain of pass rushers running him over. Edwards has lost his confidence. Watching guys whistle inside past Peters and Dockery is disheartening to watch. Coaching can adjust but so far has not. Calling screens is great but then again that requires blocking. The big offensive line needs to display some athleticism for screens to work. Offensive line is one of the hardest positions in football. To play line well they need to work together. The line is not working together. Flutie compensated for an inferior line with his scrambling. Maybe Edwards should roll out and scramble. Move the pocket. The Bills need to reinvent their offense as it seems the rest of the league has the game plan figured out. Edwards is getting rid of the ball most of the time but some of those releases are going to the wrong team. He is playing scared. The hits are adding up. Changing quarterbacks doesn't change the ineptitude.

It is looking like the same old *#@* as last year and the year before that, etc.. Poor blocking and even poorer pass rush. Most every other team also has injuries this point in the season. Adjust coaches.

pulling the plug on edwards after 20 games? you'd be doing as big a disservice to the buffalo bills (and edwards) as the people that would jerk losman in and out of the lineup.

Not saying that I agree about putting in JP, but 20 games is more than a lot of people get. It's also more time than many have needed.

Trent has ruined this season with his brilliant consecutive trifecta of losing to the Dolphins, Jets and Patriots. Sorry and no offense pal, but you suck. He's clueless and needs to sit and watch Losman being given his final chance to resurrect his career as a Buffalo Bill.

These last three losses are so historically bad for this franchise that I don't think we here at TSW are even fully aware of the magnitude.

I know LABillsfan is going to give me flack and plenty of others here, but drastic times call for drastic measures. I think Trent has tossed every last bit of 5-1 cache he had with these last three abysmal games against the AFC East division. It's time to shake things up and put a QB in there that can actually get the ball to #83. If Losman fails, then give the ball to Hamden. I'm done with Edwards. You and your head coach can take a hike.

The only reason to put Losman in there would be to let Trent recover from his concussion--or if its not a concussion--let him sit back and gather his wits.

Losman has proved he doesn't have the brains to be an NFL QB.

Not saying that I agree about putting in JP, but 20 games is more than a lot of people get. It's also more time than many have needed.

TE is 9 games into his first full season as a starter.. I know he's struggling, but c'mon, he's got to have a chance, unlike what we did with Losman.

TE is 9 games into his first full season as a starter.. I know he's struggling, but c'mon, he's got to have a chance, unlike what we did with Losman.

I agree. But I'm saying that we've seen both the good and the bad, and not enough of one or the other, to really know how Trent is going to pan out. How much longer until we get a contingency plan?

I sincerely hope Losman never takes another snap in a Buffalo uniform....the only good thing that would come out of it would be to prove to the Losman lover once and for all that he wasn't worth the first round pick....of course I can see them then blaming the line and the receivers and the coaching.....oh wait.....maybe it didn't occur that these are the issues holding TE back as well....

Trent is the quaterback....that's not going to change. Period. I hope.....I will sincerely give up on this staff if they switch to Losman.

Please tell me that you are kidding.

PLEASE

You are clueless. It does not matter WHO the Bills put it in at QB - they CANNOT run the ball, so other teams know what's coming and are not afraid to show exotic pass coverages and blitz Edwards at every opportunity. So he is to rush his reads and cannot step up b/c the pocket is collapsing ariund him....again, b/c NO ONE is afraid of our run game.

Even a casual observer of the Bills can see this - why can't you? And you think putting Losman back in is the answer??

Unfrickingbelievable.

I agree with you that JP isnt the right answer but you have your numbers wrong

97 against denver

cant remember Pitt right now

but he threw all of one pass against the pats for about 4 yards.

Dont just make stuff up

I was looking up net yards on pro-football. I'm not making it up. If you can point me to a game log of that year I'll take it.