Losman should be our starting QB

1billsfan

There are three words for teams that value the short term above the long-term.

"Long term losers."

I want to win the SB within the next 3 - 5 years. If it increases our chances of doing that, I don't give a damn about next year. Any intelligent team should feel the same. I understand your hunger to win, but it doesn't makes sense to make decisions for the short term.

Marv Levy said that a coach that is "rebuilding" is rebuilding for the next coach who takes over. This team has been rebuilding since 2001. It doesn't make sense to me to always be trying to win in 3 to 5 years. It's been that way for the last 3 to 5 years. We got a decent team and a decent record with a decent shot at the playoffs THIS FRIGGIN YEAR. Enough with rebuilding. The time to win is NOW.

There's one word for teams that are too concerned about winning long-term and not doing eveything they can to win now:

"Losers"

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trent has ruined this season with his brilliant consecutive trifecta of losing to the Dolphins, Jets and Patriots. Sorry and no offense pal, but you suck. He's clueless and needs to sit and watch Losman being given his final chance to resurrect his career as a Buffalo Bill.

These last three losses are so historically bad for this franchise that I don't think we here at TSW are even fully aware of the magnitude.

I know LABillsfan is going to give me flack and plenty of others here, but drastic times call for drastic measures. I think Trent has tossed every last bit of 5-1 cache he had with these last three abysmal games against the AFC East division. It's time to shake things up and put a QB in there that can actually get the ball to #83. If Losman fails, then give the ball to Hamden. I'm done with Edwards. You and your head coach can take a hike.

After reading these threads it makes me wonder if we are all watching the same game...

There are other factors to consider.The Bills OC is calling the strangest plays at the most inopportune times,like shotgun on third and one.. THREE FRIKKIN TIMES against the pats and all went incomplete.Schonert is putting Trent is some plays its difficult to succeed in.

The Offense has no running game,again Schonert calls shotgun on first down and then I formation run on second down and 10,makes no sense.

After reading these threads it makes me wonder if we are all watching the same game...

There are other factors to consider.The Bills OC is calling the strangest plays at the most inopportune times,like shotgun on third and one.. THREE FRIKKIN TIMES against the pats and all went incomplete.Schonert is putting Trent is some plays its difficult to succeed in.

The Offense has no running game,again Schonert calls shotgun on first down and then I formation run on second down and 10,makes no sense.

Trent Edwards has had 2 touchdowns, 5 interceptions and 2 lost fumbles in the last three games against the Dolphins, Jets and Patriots. What part of these numbers is everyone here not getting?

The coaching or bad line doesn't help, but they are not the ones with the ball in their hands on every snap. Time for Edwards to sit and watch Losman given the chance try to save the Bills' season. Edwards is a scared man right now. The Browns can probably smell the fear in Cleveland right now.

Sorry guys, call me all the names you want but that's what I'm seeing.

Trent Edwards has had 2 touchdowns, 5 interceptions and 2 lost fumbles in the last three games against the Dolphins, Jets and Patriots. What part of these numbers is everyone here not getting?

The coaching or bad line doesn't help, but they are not the ones with the ball in their hands on every snap. Time for Edwards to sit and watch Losman given the chance try to save the Bills' season. Edwards is a scared man right now. The Browns can probably smell the fear in Cleveland right now.

Sorry guys, call me all the names you want but that's what I'm seeing.

The wind generally blows West to East so that is doubtful.

Edwards just blows in general. The Browns don't need to smell when they can see.

He is 10-7 as a starter... What is JP's record?

Trent has no record, nor do any individual players in the NFL.

The Bills may be 10-7 with Edwards as a starter, which is better than their record when JP starts. To properly evaluate what that means, one should go game by game, and evaluate the QB play, and how it contributed to each win or loss.

I'm not going to do that, because I think that is unimportant, right now. Edwards is the starter, and has shown enough positive potential, to continue to be the starter. Those of us who think he was rushed into the job, last year, may be right...but that train has left the station. You have to deal with the reality of the situation as it is, right now.

Playing with Edwards starting status is likely to ruin what potential he has (or seriously stunt his, and the team's, progress). I hope the team (and the fans) have learned that lesson from what was done to JP, as a young starter. Besides, this offense (and the offensive play calling) is more suited to Edwards strengths, than to JP's. (Anyone who thinks Cutler would thrive with this team doesn't watch Denver play often enough.)

So, I agree that all this talk is insanity. So, perhaps, were all the comparisons of Edwards to Brady and Montana. That may have set expectations too high for many fans, and reporters. Edwards is a good 2nd year QB with a lot of potential, and a few limitations (at least right now). Expect him to look terrific some weeks, and look like a young QB other times.

Now, as I have stated, I have no objection to replacing Trent (with either JP or Hamdan) in the 4th quarter (for example) of a game where Trent looks confused/lost/unsure, or simply isn't getting the job done. That used to be a regular occurrence in the NFL, and unless it was a week-in-week-out occurrence for any particular starting QB, it wasn't seen as a threat to the starting QB. I'm not suggesting the team has to do that, but I would certainly be open to it, if the coaches felt it would help the team short, and long, term.

Playing with Edwards starting status is likely to ruin what potential he has (or seriously stunt his, and the team's, progress). I hope the team (and the fans) have learned that lesson from what was done to JP, as a young starter.

AMEN.

Whether or not we think TE is the answer, jerking him in and out of the lineup whenever he hits a speedbump isn't the answer.

Trent has ruined this season with his brilliant consecutive trifecta of losing to the Dolphins, Jets and Patriots. Sorry and no offense pal, but you suck. He's clueless and needs to sit and watch Losman being given his final chance to resurrect his career as a Buffalo Bill.

These last three losses are so historically bad for this franchise that I don't think we here at TSW are even fully aware of the magnitude.

Please share whatever you are smoking with the group.

Wasn't TE the guy playing QB for those 5 wins?? So now you want to start making changes. you already stated he's ruined the season, so then you may as well leave TE in, no sence ruining a good thing!

No, I'm not kidding. Serious sh-- needs to happen when the 5-1 Buffalo Bills lose three straight games to the Dolphins, Jets and the Brady-less Patriots. Fire the coach, change the quarterback, burn the playbooks and gameplans.

Please share whatever you are smoking with the group.

Please share why you're ok with our turnover machine named Trent Edwards.

Dude has 7 turnovers in the last three games. That sucks any way you cut it. The bad weather is coming and I want the Bills to bench the guy that's killing this team and will kill them even more in the bad weather. The Bills need to do something soon or this 2008 season is indeed lost. Is starting Losman grabbing at straws? Maybe so, but if I were the coach I'd change it up for change sake. I'd go even further, I'd go no-huddle, let Losman call his own plays and tell him to run it if his first read wasn't open. I'd shake a whole lot of things up to at least TRY to create a spark that's been gone for a long time now.

Please share why you're ok with our turnover machine named Trent Edwards.

Dude has 7 turnovers in the last three games. That sucks any way you cut it. The bad weather is coming and I want the Bills to bench the guy that's killing this team and will kill them even more in the bad weather. The Bills need to do something soon or this 2008 season is indeed lost. Is starting Losman grabbing at straws? Maybe so, but if I were the coach I'd change it up for change sake. I'd go even further, I'd go no-huddle, let Losman call his own plays and tell him to run it if his first read wasn't open. I'd shake a whole lot of things up to at least TRY to create a spark that's been gone for a long time now.

Go play Madden.....

I don't buy into the whole QB record as a starter thing. That said, I'm a little confused. I tought last year Trent went 5-4 as a starter and this year he's also gone 5-4. That's 10-8. Am I missing something?

You can't count the Cardinals loss because he only played for a few minutes and was not given a chance to win. On the other hand, you have to count the win against the Jets last year because he was in for a long time.

You can't count the Cardinals loss because he only played for a few minutes and was not given a chance to win. On the other hand, you have to count the win against the Jets last year because he was in for a long time.

The Jets game where when Trent left the game due to injury when the score was 3-3 and JP came in the 4th quarter and got 10 points? What about the loss to the Patriots last year when JP got hurt on the 3rd play and Trent went the rest of he way and we got our doors blown in? Who does that count for? JP did start. But if the one where Trent did the same doesn't count ... I think I'm still confused. :wub:

Did Madden have a Glove Wearing Mary uniform option in its 09 version to make things more realistic?

Were you a "friend" of Michael Jackson's? Is that your fascination with gloves? It's not your fault. I bet you won a lawsuit against him and that's how you became a man "of great means". It all makes sense now.

The Jets game where when Trent left the game due to injury when the score was 3-3 and JP came in the 4th quarter and got 10 points? What about the loss to the Patriots last year when JP got hurt on the 3rd play and Trent went the rest of he way and we got our doors blown in? Who does that count for? JP did start. But if the one where Trent did the same doesn't count ... I think I'm still confused. :wub:

There is a key in deciphering these complicated calculations. When each player plays in a game:

If the Bills win.....it goes to Trent's record.

If the Bills lose......it goes to JP's record.