Losman should be our starting QB

1billsfan

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can't count the Cardinals loss because he only played for a few minutes and was not given a chance to win. On the other hand, you have to count the win against the Jets last year because he was in for a long time.

that would always crack me up when people would count the jets game as a win for edwards, and the new england game as a loss for losman.

Kurt Warner seems to do ok with 2 gloves....

Kurt Warner has injured hands. I have no idea about Ben R. but he does have a Super Bowl trophy.

This is Buffalo and the team image is suposed to be one of toughness. A glove wearing Mary from Los Gatos hardly exudes toughness.

Kurt Warner has injured hands. I have no idea about Ben R. but he does have a Super Bowl trophy.

This is Buffalo and the team image is suposed to be one of toughness. A glove wearing Mary from Los Gatos hardly exudes toughness.

Warner's not wearing hockey gloves so I doubt the gloves are protecting him. You want a QB that exudes toughness, I would rather have a tough O line and then how tough the QB is doesn't matter, he can do his job and get the ball to his players.

Marv Levy said that a coach that is "rebuilding" is rebuilding for the next coach who takes over. This team has been rebuilding since 2001. It doesn't make sense to me to always be trying to win in 3 to 5 years. It's been that way for the last 3 to 5 years. We got a decent team and a decent record with a decent shot at the playoffs THIS FRIGGIN YEAR. Enough with rebuilding. The time to win is NOW.

There's one word for teams that are too concerned about winning long-term and not doing eveything they can to win now:

"Losers"

Try reading my post again. Of course the folks on the field should give everything they have. And the coach should facilitate that.

But if you haven't noticed Jauron's shiny new contract and considered that it probably means he won't be gone after this season, well, you might want to take a moment and do it.

If the FRONT OFFICE is doing the same thing as the guys on the field, valuing short-term over long-term, the team will never be SB champions. And never is a long time. Look at the teams that have a long-term view. The Pats. The Steelers. The Colts. The Panthers. They are consistently good, not every single year, but very consistently. And if you as a fan value making the playoffs this year over winning the SB in the near future, well, I don't know what to say to you, I really don't.

After reading these threads it makes me wonder if we are all watching the same game...

There are other factors to consider.The Bills OC is calling the strangest plays at the most inopportune times,like shotgun on third and one.. THREE FRIKKIN TIMES against the pats and all went incomplete.Schonert is putting Trent is some plays its difficult to succeed in.

The Offense has no running game,again Schonert calls shotgun on first down and then I formation run on second down and 10,makes no sense.

What is it with you guys and the shotgun? There is a reason that the shotgun is run by almost every team in the NFL at times. The reason is that it can easily be successful. The problem was not the shotgun. The problem was with the people on the field trying to run the shotgun.

Kurt Warner doesn't seem to have problems piloting the Cardinals out of the shotgun at times, very successfully.

I get it, Trent is playing like crap because of the team around him this year. JP played like crap last year on a great team because he is JP.

I'm coming to the conclusion that both of these guys are very good QBs and that the coaches make it too easy for the opposition to defend the Bills offense. Too predictable and doesn't pressure the defense very offense.

I'm coming to the conclusion that both of these guys are very good QBs and that the coaches make it too easy for the opposition to defend the Bills offense. Too predictable and doesn't pressure the defense very offense.

JP is not a very good QB. Anyone who has watched him the last 4 years knows that. He is nothing more than a decent back-up and does not have the goods to make a good starter. How many games under 200 yards are acceptable to most teams? Not many unless you are Kerry Collins on the Titans with a strong running game and stellar D.

JP is not a very good QB. Anyone who has watched him the last 4 years knows that. He is nothing more than a decent back-up and does not have the goods to make a good starter. How many games under 200 yards are acceptable to most teams? Not many unless you are Kerry Collins on the Titans with a strong running game and stellar D.

He's not a decent backup, he's just the cheapest alternative they had.

It is only in your world that yards are important. In the real world POINTS on the board are the ONLY thing that matters.

It is only in your world that yards are important. In the real world POINTS on the board are the ONLY thing that matters.

Losman's average ppg in his 31 starts are a shade under 16ppg. Edwards is a shade under 20ppg under the games he has started. Not really an exact measuring tool considering I did not take into account special teams/defense TDS/ turnovers but I think the bills offense has been more productive under Edwards then it has under Losman. I think you would have a tough time arguing that fact given the statistics. If you can argue it & have stats to back it up I would certainly like to hear it.

First of all Losman will never stay in Buffalo no matter what he does, Jauron does, or the check he is handed. In Edwards growth as a QB Losman starting is a bad idea.

BUT...

No you cant blame Edwards for not creating holes, or getting receivers open. One thing is for sure though, he isn't helping it. Edwards flaws are JP's strengths. JP would provide some spark into the offense and make the defense guess. Something Trent will NEVER be able to do. He has a slightly less than average arm, so DB's don't need to worry about the deep threat, and his footwork doesn't scare anybody either. JP can help the line by backing off the rush to protect the deep threat, and DB's neeed to respect the fact that he can run.

The fact of the matter is Edwards isnt doing anything to really keep anybody guessing, and as teams keep getting more and more tape on him, and as the weather turns, it will probably only get worse as the season goes on. THANK THE LORD WE PLAY MIAMI IN TORONTO

I would like to see what JP can do out there, but it's not practical for a team that has committed to Edwards(although probably the best immediate decision)

BEST ANSWER: Coaches step up and get teams guessing/ do their job

Ha ha ha! :lol:

I'm only hoping that the Bills take a final chance to hit on their 2004 lottery ticket. Edwards has no arm, we know it and the rest of the league knows it. At least there's that very slim hope that Losman dials in his brain with the talent. Anything can happen in this league. This time last year who thought the Giants were going to beat an undefeated Patriots team in the Superbowl?

I resent that statement! B-)

I've noticed that you've been down on Edwards for a while now, even when he was playing well. And even his last three performances haven't been as bad as some have described. IIRC, Edwards did pretty well from a yardage and yards per attempt standpoint against the Jets and Dolphins. The problem has been turnovers. But how many of those turnovers are Edwards' fault, and how many are because of poor or nonexistent offensive line play? I think that if Edwards was an established, name quarterback, people would (correctly) point the finger at the offensive line for most of those turnovers. But because Edwards is new and largely unproven, people forget about the massive contribution the line has made to the Bills' problems, and point the finger solely at Edwards.

As for Edwards' most recent performance, think of all the times Peyton Manning has played against the Patriots. Has he looked good on each and every one of those occasions? Now consider that Edwards was playing with a much weaker supporting cast than I can ever remember Manning having had. The fact that the offense was ineffective against the Patriots--and that Edwards contributed to that ineffectiveness--shouldn't cause us to begin entertaining doubts about his long-term future. Of course, the operative word here is "entertaining":it seems you really do find it entertaining to express doubts about Edwards. And that's a shame, because he's going to be a solid player in this league.

I've noticed that you've been down on Edwards for a while now, even when he was playing well. And even his last three performances haven't been as bad as some have described. IIRC, Edwards did pretty well from a yardage and yards per attempt standpoint against the Jets and Dolphins. The problem has been turnovers. But how many of those turnovers are Edwards' fault, and how many are because of poor or nonexistent offensive line play? I think that if Edwards was an established, name quarterback, people would (correctly) point the finger at the offensive line for most of those turnovers. But because Edwards is new and largely unproven, people forget about the massive contribution the line has made to the Bills' problems, and point the finger solely at Edwards.

As for Edwards' most recent performance, think of all the times Peyton Manning has played against the Patriots. Has he looked good on each and every one of those occasions? Now consider that Edwards was playing with a much weaker supporting cast than I can ever remember Manning having had. The fact that the offense was ineffective against the Patriots--and that Edwards contributed to that ineffectiveness--shouldn't cause us to begin entertaining doubts about his long-term future. Of course, the operative word here is "entertaining":it seems you really do find it entertaining to express doubts about Edwards. And that's a shame, because he's going to be a solid player in this league.

Let's see what he does against Cleveland. If he starts throwing bad interceptions I'm all for trying anything and that includes benching him in favor of Losman. I watched his press conference from yesterday and he was laughing and joking with the press. I'm sorry, but I find nothing funny about the seven turnovers he has committed in the last three games against divisional foes. I want the Bills to win more than I care about Edwards' job security. Maybe he was laughing because he likes the game plan. Is that what's been holding him back? Let's see what happens on Monday night.

Trent has ruined this season with his brilliant consecutive trifecta of losing to the Dolphins, Jets and Patriots. Sorry and no offense pal, but you suck. He's clueless and needs to sit and watch Losman being given his final chance to resurrect his career as a Buffalo Bill.

These last three losses are so historically bad for this franchise that I don't think we here at TSW are even fully aware of the magnitude.

I know LABillsfan is going to give me flack and plenty of others here, but drastic times call for drastic measures. I think Trent has tossed every last bit of 5-1 cache he had with these last three abysmal games against the AFC East division. It's time to shake things up and put a QB in there that can actually get the ball to #83. If Losman fails, then give the ball to Hamden. I'm done with Edwards. You and your head coach can take a hike.

if you are older than 10 and you have not been out of the country the last 4 years then you definitely have issues. concerning QB play in this league you are definitely clueless to make a statement that JP should be a starter anywhere in this league.

i have been one JP's biggest supporters however he simply does not have what it takes between his ears to play in this league. i will bet you my first child that he does not have a starting job in the league next year when he leaves. I'll even take it one step further he may not even be in the league next year if he is he will be some teams third stringer.

Dont try and make sense..Like I said many times before..Belichek has outsmarted alot better Qbs than The Buffalo Bills have ever had....ITs really not worth wasting time on it..They want to beleive what they want and thats it..You nor anyone else will ever convince them otherwise..I start to post only to stop myself 85% of the time knowing its a waste of motion on this subject..I look because sometimes I feel the need to remind myself that sometimes fans dont know squat about football...I know all :lol: