Losman should be our starting QB

1billsfan

Geez Louise.

Look folks...there are SO many flaws on this team that any QB going to have his respective weakness magnified. With an O-line that can't protect the QB or establish a running game, a subpar receiving corps with the #2 WR out, no quality tight end to offer an escape route on blitzes or good pass rushes, a defense that can't get the ball back or shorten the field via turnovers and gives up long drives at key points of the game...the QB is in over his head. Montana, Elway, Brady...they'd all be hosed.

When Trent is shoveling $#%# against the tide with this team and not connecting on his checkdowns as he's getting pummelled and there's no run game to keep the defense honest, people are gonna say "Dammit...throw the long ball and stretch the field!!"

When JP is forcing an ill-advised pass or holding the ball too long, people are gonna say "Dammit, read the defense better and get rid of the ball and hit the hot read!!"

There are aspects to both their games that, without a good supporting cast, are very exploitable. Maybe the Bills record wouldn't be worse with JP under center, but I'm hard pressed to believe it would be better.

Kelso, +1. Interesting that both are now accused of "holding the ball too long" etc., etc.

Edwards is more suited for the Bills' intensive porpoises. I bet JP would thrive next to Fouts in the Err Coryell scheme.

Thanksgiving disclaimer: As God is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trent has ruined this season with his brilliant consecutive trifecta of losing to the Dolphins, Jets and Patriots. Sorry and no offense pal, but you suck. He's clueless and needs to sit and watch Losman being given his final chance to resurrect his career as a Buffalo Bill.

These last three losses are so historically bad for this franchise that I don't think we here at TSW are even fully aware of the magnitude.

Put the crack pipe down son and relax please...

Edwards plays good againts weaker teams and bad againt good teams.He was lucky last year that Losman played most of the good teams witch makes Edwards record misleading.You look at the overall records of the teams that he started againts ,it below .500 record.

Funny you mention this because I saw this on BB.com yesterday:

Strength of Schedule:

Winning % of teams Losman started against: .561

Winning % of teams Edwards started against: .449

Everybody talks about his supporting cast but Edwards has a better supporting cast than Losman ever had ,plus you think this offensive line is bad ,it is actully better than we had for a while.But everybody blamed the qb before fore holding on to the football to long.

Bingo. It's the same excuses now being used for Trent that were used for JP. And in 2006, the Bills rushing offense was ranked 27th in the NFL. But because Trent "has leadership and poise, and dangit just LOOKS like a QB" he gets a pass. <_<

As I said, Trent should have been pulled in the last game. If he stinks-it-up again against the Browns and isn't pulled, I'll stop watching the Bills the rest of the season (but not stop being a fan, there's a difference) and immediately call for Jauron's firing. I'm sick of this shiite and think that the playoffs are too within reach to stick with Trent so he can hopefully "work through" his recent suckitude. Save that for after the Bills are clearly out of the race.

Bingo. It's the same excuses now being used for Trent that were used for JP. But because Trent "has leadership and poise, and dangit just LOOKS like a QB" he gets a pass. <_<

As I said, Trent should have been pulled in the last game. If he stinks-it-up again against the Browns and isn't pulled, I'll stop watching the Bills the rest of the season (but not stop being a fan, there's a difference) and immediately call for Jauron's firing. I'm sick of this shiite and think that the playoffs are too within reach to stick with Trent so he can hopefully "work through" his recent suckitude.

Who are you gonna throw in there if you pull Edwards?? LOSMAN..GTF oughta here...He blew every chance he had and you want to torture yourself again..LOL..Name a winning team Losman ever beat that made the playoffs..Name a game that Losman came up big in at a crucial time of the game..This kid did it 3 times this year already..He is in his first year as a starter he is gonna have his ups and downs..He played like crap the past 2 games..But to call for the already beaten Losman again is freaking funny..

Who are you gonna throw in there if you pull Edwards?? LOSMAN..GTF oughta here...He blew every chance he had and you want to torture yourself again..LOL..Name a winning team Losman ever beat that made the playoffs..Name a game that Losman came up big in at a crucial time of the game..This kid did it 3 times this year already..He is in his first year as a starter he is gonna have his ups and downs..He played like crap the past 2 games..But to call for the already beaten Losman again is freaking funny..

Uhh, the Jets game last year. He came up huge and there have been others. You could argue that Trent has blown his recent chance with his play the last few games. He hasn't been good at all. However, I really believe that both of these guys are good NFL QBs, but that the coaching (scheme and predictability) are the problem. I don't think Peyton Manning could have led the Bills to victories recently with the complete lack of a running game and a passing game that tips its hand to the opponent so often. No way are these coaches getting production equal to the talent. No way.

Losman came off the bench his rookie year to beat a good KC team, in a game the Bills were behind in at the time. He has played VERY well at times. That said, there is no point in playing him over Trent because he will be gone next year. I think it is more important to get Trent more experience than to possibly win an extra game or two.

Did I miss something?

Well first it was criticisms about the play calling when he was in there and falling on his face.

Then after he loses the job to Edwards he comes off with this snide garbage that "it's not Trents fault that things are the way they are".

He tacks onto that, criticizing the previous OCs and endorsing the current OC, suggesting that Edwards has an opportunity that he didn't.

With it he insinuates that he deserves to be in there but is a victim of circumstance and therefore doesn't hold any negative feeling towards Edwards.

So he's going to be generous and suck it up and be a team player.

What a line of self-promoting BS.

I wonder if he thinks anyone but himself believes that crap?

Yep, he is the better QB but will play along, isn't that terrific of him?

All his talk about being a team player is just a vehicle to get out his message that he is on the bench by way of circumstance, not by his own failings.

What he needs is a dose of reality to find out that Edwards is clearly the better QB.

That is why I want him on the field.

I'm fine with that, because I want to see him back up his big mouth.

Losman came off the bench his rookie year to beat a good KC team, in a game the Bills were behind in at the time. He has played VERY well at times. That said, there is no point in playing him over Trent because he will be gone next year. I think it is more important to get Trent more experience than to possibly win an extra game or two.

It was Losman's 2nd year, not his rookie year. Your rookie year is not the year you start, but the year you get drafted. 2nd, Trent Green threw 3 picks that game, Holcomb threw 4 for 6 for 25 yards and Losman came in and went 9 for 16 for 137 yards. Yes, I know he threw 2 TDs, but those numbers suck. Imagine Trent with 137 yards or the combined total of 185 yards while the D got 3 INTs? This board would be asking what is problem is and why we didn't score more than 14 points.

Last time I checked I would take Evans, Moulds, and Campell for Evans, Parrish, and Royal. Losman sucks, always has, and I don't know if always will, but the odds are against him ever starting with his mental process of the game. There is only one game where I watched him be dominant as a QB and really "win" a game, and that was the Cinci game last year. He looked like an NFL QB for one game. He's not consistent enough to consider him a starter.

Trent is heads and shoulders above JP, and it's not even close.

Losman cost this team 3 draft picks.

But it won't be long now, soon we will finally be rid of him.

And I'll be watching with great interest as he goes on to some other team and his career goes the way of Rob Johnson.

I'll be watching with interest too. JP will get a fresh start while Trent's career will remain mired in mediocrity (at best) due to the limitations of this coaching staff. Trent will wish he were in JP's shoes somewhere else. He's just not experienced enough yet to realize it.

It was Losman's 2nd year, not his rookie year. Your rookie year is not the year you start, but the year you get drafted. 2nd, Trent Green threw 3 picks that game, Holcomb threw 4 for 6 for 25 yards and Losman came in and went 9 for 16 for 137 yards. Yes, I know he threw 2 TDs, but those numbers suck. Imagine Trent with 137 yards or the combined total of 185 yards while the D got 3 INTs? This board would be asking what is problem is and why we didn't score more than 14 points.

Last time I checked I would take Evans, Moulds, and Campell for Evans, Parrish, and Royal. Losman sucks, always has, and I don't know if always will, but the odds are against him ever starting with his mental process of the game. There is only one game where I watched him be dominant as a QB and really "win" a game, and that was the Cinci game last year. He looked like an NFL QB for one game. He's not consistent enough to consider him a starter.

Your an idiot. Were you at that game? He changed everything. He brought momentum. I'm sorry, but if you wont at least give JP credit for that game than you're not a bills fan. You're just a negative nancy who bitches about people who are more talented then them and refuses to give credit where credit is due.

I did not bring up the KC game, but I will never forget it. He made all the nay-sayers and Holcomb supporters quiet themselves, and he did so triumphantly. How is 9 completions for 137 yards bad? That's fantastic. He threw 2 fantastic touchdowns and did EXACTLY what was asked of him to win a very big game.

I've said many times, I'm behind Trent, But I can't stand people bash Losman when they have no reason to do so. If you're going to bash Losman, pick him apart because you don't think he's smart, but please, do not discredit his career's biggest victory. (In reality his best victory was probably the JAX comeback where he made that fantastic throw to Parrish on the sidelines to get the win, or perhaps the Texans game where he threw two 83-yard TDs to Evans, and then that comeback bullet to Price to seal the deal after our defense had let us down...but who's counting)

Kind of like the Dallas game last year.How many interception did Romo throw? How many T.Ds did the defense score?And some how it end up being the defense fault that we lost.How many points did our offense score?

Bingo. It's the same excuses now being used for Trent that were used for JP. And in 2006, the Bills rushing offense was ranked 27th in the NFL. But because Trent "has leadership and poise, and dangit just LOOKS like a QB" he gets a pass. <_<

As I said, Trent should have been pulled in the last game. If he stinks-it-up again against the Browns and isn't pulled, I'll stop watching the Bills the rest of the season (but not stop being a fan, there's a difference) and immediately call for Jauron's firing. I'm sick of this shiite and think that the playoffs are too within reach to stick with Trent so he can hopefully "work through" his recent suckitude. Save that for after the Bills are clearly out of the race.

In 2006 with JP Losman as starting QB (in his 3rd season), the Bills average 266 yards per game (30th in the NFL, http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?arc...e&Submit=Go ) and 18.8 points/game (23th, http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?off...mp;d-447263-p=1 )

In 2008 with Trent Edwards as starting QB (in his 2nd season), the Bills averaged 303.8 yards/game (24th, http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?off...mp;d-447263-p=1 ) and 21.3 points/game (21st, http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?off...mp;d-447263-p=1 ).

Though I think he will, I obviously can't be 100% sure Edwards is the franchise QB we need. However, I know for sure the JP Losman isn't. Please stop this idiocy. :w00t:

Well first it was criticisms about the play calling when he was in there and falling on his face.

Then after he loses the job to Edwards he comes off with this snide garbage that "it's not Trents fault that things are the way they are".

He tacks onto that, criticizing the previous OCs and endorsing the current OC, suggesting that Edwards has an opportunity that he didn't.

With it he insinuates that he deserves to be in there but is a victim of circumstance and therefore doesn't hold any negative feeling towards Edwards.

So he's going to be generous and suck it up and be a team player.

What a line of self-promoting BS.

I wonder if he thinks anyone but himself believes that crap?

Yep, he is the better QB but will play along, isn't that terrific of him?

All his talk about being a team player is just a vehicle to get out his message that he is on the bench by way of circumstance, not by his own failings.

What he needs is a dose of reality to find out that Edwards is clearly the better QB.

That is why I want him on the field.

I'm fine with that, because I want to see him back up his big mouth.

So, because he said good things, he has a big mouth? Have you considered than JP just might be sincere?

This says far more about you, than it does about JP. I think you've lost it, man.

In 2006 with JP Losman as starting QB (in his 3rd season), the Bills average 266 yards per game (30th in the NFL, http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?arc...e&Submit=Go ) and 18.8 points/game (23th, http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?off...mp;d-447263-p=1 )

In 2008 with Trent Edwards as starting QB (in his 2nd season), the Bills averaged 303.8 yards/game (24th, http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?off...mp;d-447263-p=1 ) and 21.3 points/game (21st, http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?off...mp;d-447263-p=1 ).

Though I think he will, I obviously can't be 100% sure Edwards is the franchise QB we need. However, I know for sure the JP Losman isn't. Please stop this idiocy. <_<

We are only in the 10th game of the season.Lets wait till the end of the season,because that average has been dropping the last three games.

Though I think he will, I obviously can't be 100% sure Edwards is the franchise QB we need. However, I know for sure the JP Losman isn't. Please stop this idiocy. <_<

Again, check the opponent's records and the quality of the team around each. Thank you.

2006 first half average 15.5 points a game and second half 22 points a game. If I remember correctly we open it up the second half .Also I know we lost 9 games that year but we lost to N.E by 2 points.Det by 3 points,Ind. the Superbowl champs by 1 point,S.D. by 3 and Tenn. by 1 point.If Royal kept both feet in bounds in the endzone againts Tenn. we might be in the playoffs.