Losman should be our starting QB

1billsfan

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and just how is he way ahead?

Let's see. The guy with 3 years less experience has the same numbers as the guy with 3 years more.

Who's better?

Again, if he has these numbers at the end of next year, call me. Right now, he's the Bills young QB and his current numbers (after 16 games played) are better than Eli's in his first 16.

Let's see. The guy with 3 years less experience has the same numbers as the guy with 3 years more.

Who's better?

Again, if he has these numbers at the end of next year, call me. Right now, he's the Bills young QB and his current numbers (after 16 games played) are better than Eli's in his first 16.

How about the numbers from their second years, since the same number of games have been played. Which line is Trent's and which is Losman's?

from nfl.com

The underscores are an attempt to get everything to line up better.

G Att_Comp_Pct__Att/G_Yds___Avg_Yds/G_TD_TD%_Int_Int%_Lng_20+_40+_Sck_SckY_Rate

9 245_164__66.9_27.2_1,845_7.5__205___7__2.9__7__2.9__49__25__3__20__125__86.9

9 228_113__49.6_25.3_1,340_5.9__148.9__8__3.5__8__3.5__58__15__6__26__197__64.9

Trent has ruined this season with his brilliant consecutive trifecta of losing to the Dolphins, Jets and Patriots. Sorry and no offense pal, but you suck. He's clueless and needs to sit and watch Losman being given his final chance to resurrect his career as a Buffalo Bill.

These last three losses are so historically bad for this franchise that I don't think we here at TSW are even fully aware of the magnitude.

I know LABillsfan is going to give me flack and plenty of others here, but drastic times call for drastic measures. I think Trent has tossed every last bit of 5-1 cache he had with these last three abysmal games against the AFC East division. It's time to shake things up and put a QB in there that can actually get the ball to #83. If Losman fails, then give the ball to Hamden. I'm done with Edwards. You and your head coach can take a hike.

You are a great example of the kind of person that belongs on the couch and nowhere near making any decisions. If you can't watch TE play (even when he plays poorly) and not realize how great of a QB he's going to be, you need help. Yes, he's made some mistakes lately but JP will _never_ be a decent QB in this league, and TE will be a great one. If you had watched football for more than 1 year you might have seen some of the other greats start their careers and see that Trent has 'it'.

After taking EVERY SNAP in 2006, Jp Losman was the 11th ranked passer in the NFL. Just saying. Take it for what you will but the numbers don't lie.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?sea...mp;d-447263-n=1

This is the link. Stats are in order from number 1 passer rating to the bottom. Look at Number 11. Mr. Bum-Ass Losman right there... Not bad...

Who's better?

in half the games played, he has half the numbers of jp losman. that's great, if you're aiming for mediocrity (which losman has struggled to be other than his one full year starting). congratulations.

Edwards is the real deal. He's had a few bad games lately, but he spoiled us with his gooey goodness early on. I'd be more inclined to get excited about the future of the offense if the o-line was worth half of what we paid for it.

"Edwards is the real deal" is a guess. And nothing but. Still, he's the best chance we've got right now at producing a good QB at some point in the future.

If Losman was under contract for another year or two, I might at least consider this move, but at this point even if we offered him a tremendous contract, he won't take it. He won't trust Bills management ever again. Can't blame him. So considering he will be gone in seven more games, what would we get from playing JP? Nothing.

Who's better?

He doesn't have three years less experience. At this point, Trent has played almost 2/3rds as many games as JP. Hard to believe, but them's the facts. The fact that Trent seems to have been around for such a short time and JP for such a long time is a factor of how horribly Bills brass has treated JP.

Again, almost 2/3rds as much. There is simply no way yet to know if Trent will ever be a consistent higher-level NFL QB. He hasn't played enough. And unfortunately the same is true of JP.

But Trent will be in Buffalo for a couple of more years at an absolute minimum. JP won't. That tells you who should play. But it doesn't tell you much about the long-term future of each guy.

You are a great example of the kind of person that belongs on the couch and nowhere near making any decisions. If you can't watch TE play (even when he plays poorly) and not realize how great of a QB he's going to be, you need help. Yes, he's made some mistakes lately but JP will _never_ be a decent QB in this league, and TE will be a great one. If you had watched football for more than 1 year you might have seen some of the other greats start their careers and see that Trent has 'it'.

If you can't watch Trent play and realize that like every other QB who has not yet arrived, we simply don't know what will happen, it's you that needs help. Dennis Shaw looked spectacular for a young QB his first couple of years too. And what happened to him.

Look at the Bears,everybody thought Kyle Orton $ucked but he turn his game around.

Exactly. And Eli Manning. And Drew Brees. And virtually every other decent QB. They all develop at irregular rates, take a lot of time and eventually the light goes on. The same possibility is there for both Trent and JP.

The problem is that the lousy ones, the failures, the never-weres, they often look the same their first 3 - 4 years, irregular, inconsistent, flashes of talent and flashes of idiocy. But they don't develop and there's no current to the light bulb. QBs are a mystery, some get there and some don't and you basically can't tell which ones will and which ones won't till they're already there.

If you can't watch Trent play and realize that like every other QB who has not yet arrived, we simply don't know what will happen, it's you that needs help. Dennis Shaw looked spectacular for a young QB his first couple of years too. And what happened to him.

I know, you don't. I'll remind you in a couple of years ok?

How about the numbers from their second years, since the same number of games have been played. Which line is Trent's and which is Losman's?

from nfl.com

The underscores are an attempt to get everything to line up better.

G Att_Comp_Pct__Att/G_Yds___Avg_Yds/G_TD_TD%_Int_Int%_Lng_20+_40+_Sck_SckY_Rate

9 245_164__66.9_27.2_1,845_7.5__205___7__2.9__7__2.9__49__25__3__20__125__86.9

9 228_113__49.6_25.3_1,340_5.9__148.9__8__3.5__8__3.5__58__15__6__26__197__64.9

I think you should wait untill the end of this year after Edwards starts 16 games.Because those stats were really Losmans first year as a starter, he only played eight games that year.then he played 16 games the following year.And if you look you will see that every stat got better that year .He showed more improvement than any QB in the League.He always been a slow starter if you look at his time here. The problem is he was always bench when he had a bad game or two,except that one year.Edwards will be lucky enough to be able to work through his bad games and not woory about being benched.And that will help his develpment.