Lee Evans on Jim Rome today

stevewin

Pretty generic stuff.

- Was SD statement game?

It was - one of best teams in AFC - you have to beat the best teams - took step in right direction

- Playoff drought

goal coming into season - winning consistently to get into playoffs - is talked about - right now in good position

- 1 handed catch

Don't really practice - just be aggressive to the ball a and make a strong play

- TE - clearly in charge

could see coming into season hard work - smart guy - finds open guys

- TE 4th Q success - what's he like in huddle

Composed. Also a motivator - egging people on - telling them let's go. Delivers ball quickly and accurately. Will fire up huddle if needs.

- Outage

Like a throwback - diffferent - but didn't affect what we were doing- just needed to deal w/ it

- Miami - dangerous

Very dangersous - division/rivalry game so lot of emotion - they do a good job blah blah

- Div schedule starting in week 8

Very weird - what we can do against our division will determine postseason - will make each game more important/emotional

- WR position - size

Not every small guy can play - have to be ball hawks and get themselves up and open and play ball well most important

Being a balhawk is both mental and physcial

- Speed or route running most important

Coming into league I could run, was told by older guys about importance of route running - very important

Rome made some post interview comments: NFL a better place when Bills are good - his show is better place when Bills are good. Really respects Buffalo as a community/fans who love their team

Jim Rome said he thinks the NFL is a better place when the Bills are doing well and it was good for his show too. He said he loved the Bills and their community that is so in to their football team. He said he shouldn't root for any team but he can't help it with Buffalo.

:wallbash:

I guess we like him now. :thumbsup:

Rome made some post interview comments: NFL a better place when Bills are good - his show is better place when Bills are good. Really respects Buffalo as a community/fans who love their team

So basically the NFL better keep football in Buffalo? That is how I take it.

Jim Rome said he thinks the NFL is a better place when the Bills are doing well and it was good for his show too. He said he loved the Bills and their community that is so in to their football team. He said he shouldn't root for any team but he can't help it with Buffalo.

:wallbash:

No. .............................I................still hate this guy.......................His comments are un-be-liveable..........unnnnn-called for.....annnnd irrrrrritating.

No. .............................I................still hate this guy.......................His comments are un-be-liveable..........unnnnn-called for.....annnnd irrrrrritating.

He's a blowhard and irritating, but for the most part I find myself largely agreeing on the core of the things he says. And he can be pretty funny at times. It's always great to see him rip into a Pacman Jones or a Manny Ramirez

He's a blowhard and irritating, but for the most part I find myself largely agreeing on the core of the things he says. And he can be pretty funny at times. It's always great to see him rip into a Pacman Jones or a Manny Ramirez

He won't hold any opinion back. When he first came on TV, his obnoxious side was too much for me, but he seems more mellow now.

Either he's scaled the obnoxiousness back a little or I've become more tolerant.

He won't hold any opinion back. When he first came on TV, his obnoxious side was too much for me, but he seems more mellow now.

Either he's scaled the obnoxiousness back a little or I've become more tolerant.

You're right, he isn't quite as bad anymore.

Here's one time he paid for being a little weasel earlier on in his career :thumbsup:

I used to totally love Rome and his show...........Now, I can't stand it - all he does is play the same sound bites every single day. He went from being my favorite show to the one I hate the most. I usually end up listening to Dennis Miller.

However, it was the first time I laughed while listening to Rome in months. He said a joke about the outage, and Lee didn't laugh at all (I think he was in the locker room and didn't hear it or something)..........But, the emails after that were really funny. They would play the joke again, and then play crickets when Lee should have acknowledged the joke.

I used to totally love Rome and his show...........Now, I can't stand it - all he does is play the same sound bites every single day. He went from being my favorite show to the one I hate the most. I usually end up listening to Dennis Miller.

However, it was the first time I laughed while listening to Rome in months. He said a joke about the outage, and Lee didn't laugh at all (I think he was in the locker room and didn't hear it or something)..........But, the emails after that were really funny. They would play the joke again, and then play crickets when Lee should have acknowledged the joke.

It is not only the sound bites, but he will go ON & ON & ON & ON .............(I think you know where I am GOING).......& ON & ON & ON about the STUPIDEST thing with no mention of sports for 15 - 20 min @ a time. I really can not stand his lame act. Had we gone to High School together, I KNOW I would have had to kick his ass (probably on a weekly basis).

:D

I guess we like him now. :lol:

WAR Jim Rome digging Buffalo.

OUT

WAR Jim Rome digging Buffalo.

OUT

What is the deal with "WAR" among Rome callers? WAR should never be used to mean anything good, and Rome should know that. War isn't always the worst thing, but it is never a good thing.

What is the deal with "WAR" among Rome callers? WAR should never be used to mean anything good, and Rome should know that. War isn't always the worst thing, but it is never a good thing.

"I HAVENT BEEN LISTENING TO U ALL THAT LONG BUT UH I CANT BELIEVE YOURE TALKING ABOUT THIS "WAR" STUFF...U KNOW THEY FIGHT TO THE DEATH...THEY DONT JUST FIGHT...DONT U THINK THATS DISGUITING FOR KIDS TO SEE...THATS NOT HELPING KIDS "DEAN"...ITS HURTING 'EM MAN AND U SHOULDNT BE TALKING ABOUT IT ON THIS BLOG

"I HAVENT BEEN LISTENING TO U ALL THAT LONG BUT UH I CANT BELIEVE YOURE TALKING ABOUT THIS "WAR" STUFF...U KNOW THEY FIGHT TO THE DEATH...THEY DONT JUST FIGHT...DONT U THINK THATS DISGUITING FOR KIDS TO SEE...THATS NOT HELPING KIDS "DEAN"...ITS HURTING 'EM MAN AND U SHOULDNT BE TALKING ABOUT IT ON THIS BLOG

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Listening on and off to Rome for years, he jumps on bandwagons and jumps off like a champ. I remember times over the past few years of him slamming Buffalo and such, but this year he's suddenly gaga over Buffalo.

And although the clones, wars, and have a take and don't sucks are really dumb, he is a good interviewer.

:thumbsup:

You know what would really be sweet? Instead of the usual PC responses, one guy one time saying " The dolphins? They're a joke! We are going to totally blow them out, Jim." :thumbsup: