The Losman Bomb

Guest FUKK THE BILLS

chances are we will see losman play again this year, it's the nature of the position and sport. but i think we have overlooked the deep bomb to evans. that has to be the longest td pass thrown this year as far as how far the ball was thrown

it was longer than the romo mnf pass to owens, i'm almost positive of that

what if jp gets the right coaching staff and a playbook suited to deep passing with tall wide receivers - he is going to be real good in that type of situation. and he is durable except when being cheap shotted by the patriots

Those plays are exciting, but he makes a lot of bad mistakes in between. He takes too long to read defences, forces throws and panics. Consistency is an issue. If he had a short and medium pass arsenal he would be lights out, but alas he is deep ball only. You can't win games with that.

but he does something that few others can do. someone like jeff garcia, trent edwards, david garrard cant throw balls that far, he just needs the right playbook and tall wrs - u see how he hooked up with hardy right away - he is more inaccurate than trent so the bigger his target the better

i agree he makes the mistakes but i have a feeling those will be reduced when his confidence grows

but he does something that few others can do. someone like jeff garcia, trent edwards, david garrard cant throw balls that far, he just needs the right playbook and tall wrs - u see how he hooked up with hardy right away - he is more inaccurate than trent so the bigger his target the better

i agree he makes the mistakes but i have a feeling those will be reduced when his confidence grows

So what? You don't win in January by hitting a bomb or two per game. You win by moving the chains, wearing out the opposing defense (while keeping yours fresh) and scoring consistently.

As backups go JP is adequate but hardly ideal, and certainly not worth the money he's making. And his confidence is never going to improve in Buffalo.

The only team where he might fit (Oakland) already has its quarterback and he'd be there only as a backup. I think he might, given the nature of the position, get in for a while somewhere this season, but he'd better show more if he does. To be fair we really sucked everywhere in the Arizona game and I can't point at JP as the key to that loss.

if you put jp in az, jax, dallas - teams with decent or better o lines and tall good wrs - i think jp would have had a lot more success

The only team where he might fit (Oakland) already has its quarterback and he'd be there only as a backup. I think he might, given the nature of the position, get in for a while somewhere this season, but he'd better show more if he does. To be fair we really sucked everywhere in the Arizona game and I can't point at JP as the key to that loss.

Oakland has its QB? What!? Yeah, they have a ton of dough tied up in him, but he has looked terrible and is struggling mightily in the disaster soap opera that is Raider-Nation. He inches closer to bust status with each game. Two more years will tell for sure.

if you put jp in az, jax, dallas - teams with decent or better o lines and tall good wrs - i think jp would have had a lot more success

Doubtful he would be considered an option in Jax or Dallas considering the QB's they have. In AZ, Warner is old so it's possible, but after what he has shown in his career, do you really think that any GM in the NFL will give him a chance to screw up an already "put together" team? Not a chance.

AZ will go after one of the numerous other free agent QB's after this season who have already proven that they can win when they have a good team. JP's never had a great team around him, but no GM will roll the dice with him, and I can't say that I blame them. He'll be a backup wherever he goes.

He doesn't make decisions quickly enough (or he hasn't shown a consistent ability to do so) for Az. The Cards offense works because Warner gets the ball out of his hands quickly. Short accurate throws that hit receivers in stride.

I avoid watching Dallas so I can't comment on them except to say that Romo got kilt vs. Az.

not true. when boldin is involved az passes more mid to deep routes, exactly the type of playbook losman needs. and kurt warner has not gotten the ball out quickly this whole year. only he past couple games has he done that.

So what? You don't win in January by hitting a bomb or two per game. You win by moving the chains, wearing out the opposing defense (while keeping yours fresh) and scoring consistently.

As backups go JP is adequate but hardly ideal, and certainly not worth the money he's making. And his confidence is never going to improve in Buffalo.

Calling Crayonz! Can we win with glove boy in January? Cold weather wasn't kind to him last year.

not true. when boldin is involved az passes more mid to deep routes, exactly the type of playbook losman needs. and kurt warner has not gotten the ball out quickly this whole year. only he past couple games has he done that.

Where 4 days away from the biggest game this franchise has played since the bledsoe debacle against the steelers 4 years ago & this is the kind of crap you post. Losman is done here, it is over, let the healing begin. Someone will bring him onto camp next year given the sorry state of the qb position in the NFL these days, but so what? He will not be a bill next year & whatever team he goes to I wish him luck. With his shortcomings playing QB, he is going to need it.

Those plays are exciting, but he makes a lot of bad mistakes in between. He takes too long to read defences, forces throws and panics. Consistency is an issue. If he had a short and medium pass arsenal he would be lights out, but alas he is deep ball only. You can't win games with that.

All that is so...but that toss of his to Evans was as sweet as they ever come. :nana:

what if jp gets the right coaching staff and a playbook suited to deep passing with tall wide receivers - he is going to be real good in that type of situation. and he is durable except when being cheap shotted by the patriots

There is a place where JP can find a coaching staff & a playbook suited to deep passing-It's called Arena Football.

JP Durable? 1st season-missed the 1st 4 games with a broken leg. 2nd season missed one game outright because he was too banged up, didn't play the final two after that one either because he was injured as the coach said, or the coach was too afraid to put him back in. 4th season-the knee injury. He's missed time in 3 of 4 seasons, he's no Bret Favre.

The problem is that NFL playbooks can't be like those you see in Tecmo Super Bowl. You can't just have 4 passing plays - all of them slight variations of a Hail Mary pass - and expect to win. Defenses adapt.

Where 4 days away from the biggest game this franchise has played since the bledsoe debacle against the steelers 4 years ago & this is the kind of crap you post. Losman is done here, it is over, let the healing begin. Someone will bring him onto camp next year given the sorry state of the qb position in the NFL these days, but so what? He will not be a bill next year & whatever team he goes to I wish him luck. With his shortcomings playing QB, he is going to need it.

If that is the case (and I agree with you!), then move Hamdan to the #2 QB spot to back up Edwards. I'd like to see him in action if the need arises...

chances are we will see losman play again this year, it's the nature of the position and sport. but i think we have overlooked the deep bomb to evans. that has to be the longest td pass thrown this year as far as how far the ball was thrown

Those plays are low percentage plays in the NFL and have more chances of missing the receivers (as we have seen between Losman and Evans) than connecting. The NFL is all about moving the chains with a good running game and an offense that makes the least amount of mistakes (fumbles, sacks etc).

The long balls require the play to develop and will invariably cause the mistakes to happen.

That's about all JP has demonstrated he can do in the passing game, unfortunately. If our receivers could get behind the coverage on a consistent basis AND the OL could pass protect, things might be different.

it was 62 yards in the air.....lots of high scholl qbs can do that...dont get carried away

Hasn't this excuse of it being the coaches run it's coarse yet?

Come on already, wake up , Losman is in his 5th year, it has nothing to do with the coaches.

The lengths Losman fans will go to to make him out to be a player amazes me.

The bomb is great, but it only works when it gets set up with a successful short passing game along with an effective run game. In other words, the playbook the Bills have right now is perfect for setting up an occasional bomb, but to build an entire passing game around the bomb I don't think will work. You might make the highlight reel every other week, but the L's will mount up.

The bomb is great, but it only works when it gets set up with a successful short passing game along with an effective run game. In other words, the playbook the Bills have right now is perfect for setting up an occasional bomb, but to build an entire passing game around the bomb I don't think will work. You might make the highlight reel every other week, but the L's will mount up.

and have mounted up over the years. JP will only be a starter on this team if TE gets hurt. Then next year he will be on another team.

and have mounted up over the years. JP will only be a starter on this team if TE gets hurt. Then next year he will be on another team.

If TE gets hurt and JP leads the team deep in the playoffs or a SB win. He's back and TE is riding the pine. No saying it's gonna happen, but it could. There's 11 games left. None of us knows what is gonna happen.

it was 62 yards in the air.....lots of high scholl qbs can do that...dont get carried away

yeah, i can throw a ball 62 yards in the air too, but i can't hit a receiver streaking down the sideline perfectly in stride. gotta give him props, that was a gorgeous pass.

yeah, i can throw a ball 62 yards in the air too, but i can't hit a receiver streaking down the sideline perfectly in stride. gotta give him props, that was a gorgeous pass.

Exactly. And, seriously, there MIGHT be a handful of high school players that can throw the ball 62 yards in the air like that. And that's a big maybe.

The fun n gun is played at Hawaii. June Jones was a fanboy of bombs away every play. I don't think he knows what a RB is to this very day.

The CFL has an annual QB challenge in which QBs compete in events like longest throw, accuracy and agility drills. Anyway there are a lot of guys with big arms in the CFL Michael Bishop won it last time with a throw of 65 yards keep in mind that he didn't have to hit a target, had no rush and simply had to have the ball land in bounds (I think the width was 10 yards) its kinda of like a long drive contest actually.

Anyway point is J.P threw a 63 yard strike on the money w/ a pass rush - - it was one of the most impressive display of arm strength I have ever seen in a game. Does that mean J.P should automatically start somewhere hell no, it just means the guy has a f-ing rocket launcher for an arm.

May I ask.. What good did it do? We lost the game. That is a BIG what if.