"Chiefs to Keep Gonzalez"

afl0226

I am glad the Bills kept all their picks for next year and did not overpay for Gonzales. He would of been a great pickup, but it sounds like the price was way too steep. The Chefs have little talent besides Dwayne Bowe, and a few others. If I were the Chefs GM I would have a firesale on my veterans and stockpiled picks for next year. They will not build a team around Gonzales, and they are definitely several years away

I'm with you on this. And back before the Takeo Spikes injury, I'd argued that the Bills should likewise trade away whichever veterans were reasonably old, yet who still had trade value. I was ridiculed for this at the time, but I thought (and still think) it would have been exactly what was needed. Sometimes the GM has to have the self-discipline to see when his team is in rebuilding mode, and act accordingly.

If what I'm reading on the internet is true, we didn't get TG because we wouldn't give up a 3rd round pick!!!! That just makes me fuming mad

What I heard, from NFL Network, is the Gonzalez wanted to play for the Giants and Eagles, but they only offered a 4th. The Bills offered a 3rd, but Gonzalez didn't want to go there. So he'll finish his career on a rebuilding team in KANSAS CITY. Great job, Tony. :angry:

ESPN said a second round pick in '09 and a second in 2010.

Nope. Nfl.com is reporting the 1st, 3rd, and 6th.

And Tony G can go fugg himself for not wanting to come to buffalo. I hope donte knocks his ass out when we go out there later this season.

Washed up veteran doesn't want to come here- to hell with him. What's the difference between Buffalo and KC anyway? Not like he was losing any money. I don't think he really wanted to play for a contender anyway. If he did, he would have come here. Philly? Philly's not touching the playoffs. Giants didn't want him. Stay and rot in KC. See you in a few weeks TG. Bum.

What I heard, from NFL Network, is the Gonzalez wanted to play for the Giants and Eagles, but they only offered a 4th. The Bills offered a 3rd, but Gonzalez didn't want to go there. So he'll finish his career on a rebuilding team in KANSAS CITY. Great job, Tony. :(

John Clayton basically said the same thing...

I'll tell You what...IF that in fact is true we'll see how Gonzo feels about The Bills this coming Off Season...I know there is still a wait and see approach to The Bills resurgence throughout the League...And I guess that's fair enough...

But I'll go ahead and say it...Gonzo's an idiot... ;)

Seriously though, I think (again if it's true He did not want to come to Buffalo) it was a big mistake by Gonzalez...He would have been a near perfect fit for what The Bills Need...I think with Him, and assuming TE stays healthy, there is no reason the Bills could not be considered favorites to win the AFC East...That gets them in the Post Season and then who knows? The Bills have a VERY good Young QB...I think the best Young QB in the NFL...They would have made Gonzo a cornerstone of the Offense for a couple years, and the Guy would have been a Hero in Buffalo...Can You imagine that Home crowd the 1st time Gonzo was introduced before a game? Are You kidding Me?

I wonder...I just wonder if The Bills win that Game in Arizona and go into the Bye 5-0...Does Gonzalez change his tune?...I wonder... B-)

Cutler, Rivers?

I think He's better than Cutler...I was not considering Rivers, Eli and Big Ben cause they are a bit more experienced...

But yes I like Trent better than Cutler...I liked Jimbo better than Elway too...

I'm a Homer...Sue Me... :(

I think He's better than Cutler...I was not considering Rivers, Eli and Big Ben cause they are a bit more experienced...

But yes I like Trent better than Cutler...I liked Jimbo better than Elway too...

I'm a Homer...Sue Me... :(

I like Edwards more than I like Cutler. But Cutler is better than Edwards until Edwards proves otherwise.

I like Edwards more than I like Cutler. But Cutler is better than Edwards until Edwards proves otherwise.

I think Cutler is a darn good Young QB...I think TE is a better Leader...And I'm hoping that's going to make a HUGE difference in the long run... :(

John Clayton basically said the same thing...

I'll tell You what...IF that in fact is true we'll see how Gonzo feels about The Bills this coming Off Season...I know there is still a wait and see approach to The Bills resurgence throughout the League...And I guess that's fair enough...

But I'll go ahead and say it...Gonzo's an idiot... :(

Seriously though, I think (again if it's true He did not want to come to Buffalo) it was a big mistake by Gonzalez...He would have been a near perfect fit for what The Bills Need...I think with Him, and assuming TE stays healthy, there is no reason the Bills could not be considered favorites to win the AFC East...That gets them in the Post Season and then who knows? The Bills have a VERY good Young QB...I think the best Young QB in the NFL...They would have made Gonzo a cornerstone of the Offense for a couple years, and the Guy would have been a Hero in Buffalo...Can You imagine that Home crowd the 1st time Gonzo was introduced before a game? Are You kidding Me?

I wonder...I just wonder if The Bills win that Game in Arizona and go into the Bye 5-0...Does Gonzalez change his tune?...I wonder... ;)

I could understand it if he played somewhere nice like SD or SF, but Kansas City? Not that I have anything against KC, but it's not like it's better than Buffalo, and the Chefs will be lousy for a couple more years still. He should have said "I want to be traded to the Giants or Eagles" and that's it. That way no one's time is wasted. Jerk.

What I heard, from NFL Network, is the Gonzalez wanted to play for the Giants and Eagles, but they only offered a 4th. The Bills offered a 3rd, but Gonzalez didn't want to go there. So he'll finish his career on a rebuilding team in KANSAS CITY. Great job, Tony. :(

The Giants and Eagles were smart not to offer anything more than a 4th. It's clear that wanting to go to a bigger market high-profile team was a motivating factor and it was not 100% about going to a winner. I don't want a guy like that on my team. I expect to see him on Dancing with the Stars next season.

The Giants and Eagles were smart not to offer anything more than a 4th. It's clear that wanting to go to a bigger market high-profile team was a motivating factor and it was not 100% about going to a winner. I don't want a guy like that on my team. I expect to see him on Dancing with the Stars next season.

I forgot to mention this before, so thanks for bringing it up. The Giants traded Shockey for a 2nd and 5th pick to the Saints, but would only offer a 4th for Gonzalez, which is what the Bills got or McCargo? They must not think he has much left in the tank even right now. So maybe it's best that a trade to the Bills didn't get done.

And instead of wishing injury on him, I'd rather see him prove he wasn't worth a 3rd rounder, and that the non-trade was a blessing in disguise. IMHO I think he lost a lot of respect league-wide over this whole fiasco and maybe that was a factor in the low trade offers.

I forgot to mention this before, so thanks for bringing it up. The Giants traded Shockey for a 2nd and 5th pick to the Saints, but would only offer a 4th for Gonzalez, which is what the Bills got or McCargo? They must not think he has much left in the tank even right now. So maybe it's best that a trade to the Bills didn't get done.

And instead of wishing injury on him, I'd rather see him prove he wasn't worth a 3rd rounder, and that the non-trade was a blessing in disguise. IMHO I think he lost a lot of respect league-wide over this whole fiasco and maybe that was a factor in the low trade offers.

So lets try to play the best ball we can and make it into as well as make some noise in the playoffs. Hey if the stars align in our favor who knows where that might lead. Tony Gonzaga will just be another one we can rub it in the face of if he truly didnt want to come here. I wanted him sure I did he would have been a great infusion of leadership and experience but that wouldnt matter if he didn't want to be here.

Whats the deal with the rookie Fine? I know its a term used alot here but I thought the FO thought highly of him.

And hey, we still have our third roung pick after all, good thing as our lines are still in need of help.

I am glad the Bills kept all their picks for next year and did not overpay for Gonzales. He would of been a great pickup, but it sounds like the price was way too steep. The Chefs have little talent besides Dwayne Bowe, and a few others. If I were the Chefs GM I would have a firesale on my veterans and stockpiled picks for next year. They will not build a team around Gonzales, and they are definitely several years away

Amen. TG is too old by NFL standards fo a first round draft choice. Time to move on.

I think Ben has the arm of Cutler and the leadership of TE.

Well...When I originally said "Young" QB's I purposely left out Big Ben, Eli and Rivers...Not that they are old by any means, but I was thinking QB's who have come into the NFL in the last 2 Years or so...I should have been more specific...No question the 3 mentioned above are ahead of TE...Two of them have SB Rings and one has been to an AFC Championship...They are all at least 2 Years older than TE, but more importantly they have a bit more NFL Game experience...

So anyway...It may be a while before we're really comparing TE to to those 3...Hopefully not to long though... :(