RIP Paul Newman

Albany,n.y.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hung up some paintings in his house once (he collected americana folk art) in his kitchen was a wall full of photos of Joanne Woodward (I think that was his wife's name) and their daughters, the kids looked just like her. I was disappointed he wasn't home at the time, I always liked him as an actor. I met a few famous people working in the art world that way and working in galleries. I met Leoanardo di caperrio once, the year he made Titanic (and 18 million dollars). He was stoned LOL. Elton John was such a fairy!! (no sh-- I would have never guessed right)

Moby was cool to meet too, nice down to earth guy.

When I worked in a resturant I got to know Patty Smith a bit and thought about asking her out, she was super super nice.

RIP Doc Hudson. <_<

Linkage

He sometimes teamed with his wife and fellow Oscar winner, Joanne Woodward, with whom he had one of Hollywood's rare long-term marriages. "I have steak at home, why go out for hamburger?" Newman told Playboy magazine (NYSE:PLA) when asked if he was tempted to stray. They wed in 1958, around the same time they both appeared in "The Long Hot Summer," and Newman directed her in several films, including "Rachel, Rachel" and "The Glass Menagerie."

50 years of marriage. Joanne must be really hurting. It sounds like something that his family knew was coming so the family had a chance to say goodbye to him.

He apparently donated all of the profits of his newman's own food company to charity. CNN reported he's donated over $250 million to charity. Plus, he was in the greatest sports comedy of all time. RIP Reggie Dunlop!

I have to drink a lot of lemonade (to help battle kidney stones), and Newman's is the best on the market. One reason is that Newman's contains 15% lemon juice. That's the highest % of real juice on the market (tied with several other brands). Newman's also has a 25% lower sugar/calorie option as one of the few varieties available. Some lemonades are 2-3% juice with lots of added sugar-that's not doing anyone who has to drink lemonade much good.

RIP Doc Hudson. :(

Linkage

He sometimes teamed with his wife and fellow Oscar winner, Joanne Woodward, with whom he had one of Hollywood's rare long-term marriages. "I have steak at home, why go out for hamburger?" Newman told Playboy magazine (NYSE:PLA) when asked if he was tempted to stray. They wed in 1958, around the same time they both appeared in "The Long Hot Summer," and Newman directed her in several films, including "Rachel, Rachel" and "The Glass Menagerie."

50 years of marriage. Joanne must be really hurting. It sounds like something that his family knew was coming so the family had a chance to say goodbye to him.

Off the screen, Newman had a taste for beer and was known for his practical jokes. He once had a Porsche installed in Redford's hallway -- crushed and covered with ribbons.

<_<:o:thumbsup::lol:

I didn't know he was in the services:

Following World War II service in the Navy, he enrolled at Kenyon College in Gambier, Ohio, where he got a degree in English and was active in student productions.

''I'm not mellower, I'm not less angry, I'm not less self-critical, I'm not less tenacious,'' he said. ''Maybe the best part is that your liver can't handle those beers at noon anymore,'' he said.