Why it isn't wise to keep the demoted QB as Backup

billfan63

“I’ve said this all season,” said defensive end Chris Kelsay, “Trent is mature beyond his years. You’d never guess he’s a second-year quarterback, because he’s got complete control of his huddle, and he has the respect of the entire team. It’s good to have a quarterback like that.”

When I read this quote and I believe Donte said something similiar on Jim Rome yesterday, I wonder how it would play if

Trent went out for any period of time and JP was called on. In praising their QB they indirectly or directly have to throw another

teammate under the bus. It's best to cut or move a former starter because it just puts players in akward situations.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And someone they pick up off the street is going to immediately garner the respect of the team? No.

I think what one SHOULD infer from the comments is that they DO FULLY respect and trust Edwards.

They do not DISrespect JP (or Hamdan) (or at least I don't think that in ANY way is implied), he just hasn't earned their full respect like Edwards has.

AFAIC, there's no reason to assume that he isn't thought of as a better alternative to anyone else.

And someone they pick up off the street is going to immediately garner the respect of the team? No.

I think what one SHOULD infer from the comments is that they DO FULLY respect and trust Edwards.

They do not DISrespect JP (or Hamdan) (or at least I don't think that in ANY way is implied), he just hasn't earned their full respect like Edwards has.

AFAIC, there's no reason to assume that he isn't thought of as a better alternative to anyone else.

First off, the QB off the street or Hamdan wouldn't be the previous starter. The coaches obvious think he's a better alternative

to anyone else, it just seems to me that the comments come across awkward

I think you guys are reading way too much in players saying that. The players have purged last season from their brains and are looking forward. Edwards exceeds what they expected out of him in terms of his maturity and they are acknoledging that, nothing more nothing less. For them the JP vs. Trent thing is soooo last year.

IMO, players are not thinking about the "understudy" when they make comments like that. They are just speaking honestly about the starter,,,in this case Trent Edwards. I don't think they are throwing JP under the bus....frankly, they probably don't even think about him much.

“I’ve said this all season,” said defensive end Chris Kelsay, “Trent is mature beyond his years. You’d never guess he’s a second-year quarterback, because he’s got complete control of his huddle, and he has the respect of the entire team. It’s good to have a quarterback like that.”

When I read this quote and I believe Donte said something similiar on Jim Rome yesterday, I wonder how it would play if

Trent went out for any period of time and JP was called on. In praising their QB they indirectly or directly have to throw another

teammate under the bus. It's best to cut or move a former starter because it just puts players in akward situations.

Repeat after me, "Every comment made about Trent Edwards does NOT always have some underlying implication about JP Losman."

Repeat after me, "Every comment made about Trent Edwards does NOT always have some underlying implication about JP Losman."

Except on TSW, apparently...

j/k... I know just what you mean.

Still trying to figure out "rid the hairshirt," though. If clarity of language means clarity of thought, then the reverse is also true.

Pardon my ignorance, but WTF does "rid the hairshirt" mean, exactly?

Actually its probably like after you get a haircut how you want to get the shirt off of you because no matter how much you try, the hairs will stay in there until the shirt is washed.

In this case, the haircut is Trent and the shirt is JP.

Actually its probably like after you get a haircut how you want to get the shirt off of you because no matter how much you try, the hairs will stay in there until the shirt is washed.

In this case, the haircut is Trent and the shirt is JP.

Cap, I do believe you are putting more thought into your definitions than the original poster put into his expression.

Well done! :devil:

Are you serious? If something happens to TE do we still keep winning? Would you be ok if the Bills tanked the season after that? :D

This is about winning and making the playoffs not politicking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :nana:

JP knows he's playing for another contract and would be totally stupid to play with less than 100% effort.

Guest dog14787
JP is earning respect by keeping quiet and being prepared. The players know JP is gone. They know what he's been through. That said, they need everyone, including JP, to pull together. A SB ring would make a nice going away present.

PTR

:nana:

You are so correct, not Every comment, just the ones that make an implication

And other than reading WAY WAY too hard into a couple of statements, where exactly does this comment make an implication.

Yes, yes, we get it, you don't like JP. No need to beat the dead horse with inane forum topics like this. I think we've ALL accepted Trent as the starting QB so why pick on poor JP? Like him or not, he tried.

And other than reading WAY WAY too hard into a couple of statements, where exactly does this comment make an implication.

Yes, yes, we get it, you don't like JP. No need to beat the dead horse with inane forum topics like this. I think we've ALL accepted Trent as the starting QB so why pick on poor JP? Like him or not, he tried.

whats inane is this post, who's picking on JP?