Why it isn't wise to keep the demoted QB as Backup

billfan63

“I’ve said this all season,” said defensive end Chris Kelsay, “Trent is mature beyond his years. You’d never guess he’s a second-year quarterback, because he’s got complete control of his huddle, and he has the respect of the entire team. It’s good to have a quarterback like that.”

When I read this quote and I believe Donte said something similiar on Jim Rome yesterday, I wonder how it would play if

Trent went out for any period of time and JP was called on. In praising their QB they indirectly or directly have to throw another

teammate under the bus. It's best to cut or move a former starter because it just puts players in akward situations.

thats simply ridiculous logic. keeping JP was the only smart move. he knows the offense and there are no veterans worth a damn out there and were none this off season.

i suppose you would want hamad to be our starter should god forbid trent get hurt for a game or two it could cost us our season.

we now have the talent on all sides of the ball that JP could run the show for a game or two and we would still have a great chance @ winning.

i feel your deduction from kelsey and whitners comments are ridiculous.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dog14787
thats simply ridiculous logic. keeping JP was the only smart move. he knows the offense and there are no veterans worth a damn out there and were none this off season.

i suppose you would want hamad to be our starter should god forbid trent get hurt for a game or two it could cost us our season.

we now have the talent on all sides of the ball that JP could run the show for a game or two and we would still have a great chance @ winning.

i feel your deduction from kelsey and whitners comments are ridiculous.

Seems like some folks will go to extremes to put JP Losman down or try to figure out reasons why he's bad for the team. We have a good chance to do something this year and really make some noise. The one thing we have going for us most other teams don't have is depth at the QB position, real depth. Sure, I'll take Hamdan over Cassel , but I'll also take JP over most of the starters in the NFL.

Its a good thing to have a backup as good as JP Losman, a real good thing :nana:

Has anyone who's at the game noticed if JP talks to Trent during the games? Often you see the backup talking to the starter when they're on the sidelines going over the plays, but I've only seen Hamdan talking to Trent.

Interesting, I had the same thought watching the games. Remember when Kelly, Reich, and Gilbert (or Van Pelt) would huddle up on the sidelines. I have yet to see Losman and Edwards even get near each other on the sidelines. Hamden and Edwards, but not JP. Is JP snubbing Edwards because he's still pouting about the 2nd string status? Did he forget the secret handshake? Does Edwards see JP as not worthy, or worse, a poison - someone who could sabotage his success to further his own career?

Or are we just reading too much into it? Maybe Losman has B.O.

Guest dog14787
Not me. Not by a longshot. Cassel has an NFL win. Hamden doesn't own a completion, does he? :D

If Hamden was as good as the early season haters thought , don't you think that a team would make us a substantial offer for him given the lack of good quarterbacks? :worthy:

I think Cassel sucks and billicheat has been exposed for exactly what he is, an average coach who has just been carried along by the best QB that has ever played the game.

I said it before the season started, and I'll say it again, the Patriots are nothing without Tom Brady, NOTHING. :nana:

Guest dog14787
Interesting, I had the same thought watching the games. Remember when Kelly, Reich, and Gilbert (or Van Pelt) would huddle up on the sidelines. I have yet to see Losman and Edwards even get near each other on the sidelines. Hamden and Edwards, but not JP. Is JP snubbing Edwards because he's still pouting about the 2nd string status? Did he forget the secret handshake? Does Edwards see JP as not worthy, or worse, a poison - someone who could sabotage his success to further his own career?

I think its more JP knows he's out of here and hamdan and TE know they are going to be together for awhile. Hamdan is already starting to resemble TE which is a very good thing

JP will play this year. It's not a matter of if, but when. So far this year Trent looks very good. But, I gotta see him getting through a 16 game season unscathed to think it won't happen. When JP does play, with the improved offensive line, and better play calling, he'll be fine. And then, the team will rally around him, because, they all want to win. If JP then get's hurt, the team will rally around Hamdan.

Get off JP's case.

Go BILLS !!

I think Cassel sucks and billicheat has been exposed for exactly what he is, an average coach who has just been carried along by the best QB that has ever played the game.

I said it before the season started, and I'll say it again, the Patriots are nothing without Tom Brady, NOTHING. :nana:

Is Brady a great QB or did the cheating appear to make him a great QB? I remember watching the Pats* 1st Super Bowl against the Rams & thinking it's like the Pats* know exactly what the Rams are going to do next. Now it is clear they DID KNOW.

Is Brady a great QB or did the cheating appear to make him a great QB? I remember watching the Pats* 1st Super Bowl against the Rams & thinking it's like the Pats* know exactly what the Rams are going to do next. Now it is clear they DID KNOW.

I always found it weird that when watching NE games some of Brady's completions there was not even a defender on the screen. I wondered to myself, how could they time & time again dial up the right play at the right time & how could an NFL team blow so many coverages against NE? I will say this for Brady. He still had to deliver the ball & still had to be very accurate. If that was Losman in there, he would probably short hop a wide open 15yrd out to branch or over throw Troy Brown 10 yards out of bounce on a go route. :nana:

Hopefully Losman is paying attention & is focused. From previous quotes by Turk, I question whether he is or not. Chances are we will need his services at some point this year. Hopefully he is ready.

Here's the obligatory link:

http://www.answers.com/topic/hair-shirt

It was also used for torture - the shirt was put on the bound victim, who writhed with non-stop skin irritation.

I know what a hair shirt is. I do not think that the phrase "rid the hair shirt" makes a lick of sense. Get rid of it, maybe, but even then it is not a good usage. That was my point.

Carry on.

The third quarterback handles alot of things on the sidelines and typically fills trent in on different plays and how this worked and what happened here, its not JPs job to do that. Maybe hes off talking with the OC idk how it works really but i know hamdan has more responsibilty than JP in that reguard

Guest dog14787

Tom Brady just went 16-0 through the regular season after billicheat was busted and seems like If I remember correctly, Brady had a pretty good year. :rolleyes:

Hamden doesn't own a completion, does he? :unsure:

If Hamden was as good as the early season haters thought , don't you think that a team would make us a substantial offer for him given the lack of good quarterbacks? :doh:

Could you please at the very least get yourself some information on Gibran Hamdan and at the very least learn to spell the name of the guy you are trying to bash? :rolleyes:<_< For the record Hamdan does own a NFL regular season completion. <_<:wallbash:

“I’ve said this all season,” said defensive end Chris Kelsay, “Trent is mature beyond his years. You’d never guess he’s a second-year quarterback, because he’s got complete control of his huddle, and he has the respect of the entire team. It’s good to have a quarterback like that.”

When I read this quote and I believe Donte said something similiar on Jim Rome yesterday, I wonder how it would play if

Trent went out for any period of time and JP was called on. In praising their QB they indirectly or directly have to throw another

teammate under the bus. It's best to cut or move a former starter because it just puts players in akward situations.

If Trent goes out and JP moves the team, they will have confidence in him as well. This can't be news to JP - he lost his starting job to the guy for crying out loud. Plus, JP moved the ball with team pretty well in preseason.

Could you please at the very least get yourself some information on Gibran Hamdan and at the very least learn to spell the name of the guy you are trying to bash? 0:):lol: For the record Hamdan does own a NFL regular season completion. :D<_<

I am not at all bashing him. What I won't do is legitimize him as an accomplished qb to make you, or others happy on this board.

You saw him in Europe, so I think that this offers you an opportunity for a better educated guess as to whether or not he is, or ever will be any good, let alone have an NFL career for any length of time.

That said, it is obvious how this nonsense came about (a slap at posters who wanted Edwards to start). The screen names that still exist are quite indicative of this. As I said before, most of it was probably all in fun. But, expecting him to be viewed in the same light as perhaps Dan Fouts is going off the edge just a bit, or so one would think.

PS: I hope that he is a great quarterback. We will almost certainly need a reliable backup next year. Even if he is good, I hope they draft another quarterback in 09 and continue to strengthen our beloved team.

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!