Wow...REALLY soft schedule could mean 11-5 or 12-4 easily

Big Turk

Man, if all the stars haven't been aligning already, take a look at this softie schedule we have for the rest of the year:

OAK---no reason we should lose this game at home(3-0)

@ STL---one of the 2 worst teams in the NFL(4-0)

@ ARI---this might be a little tougher than people think, they are looking like a pretty good team this year, but IMHO we can still beat them---heat could b a factor again...(4-1)

BYE(5-0 is entirely attainable at the bye, but lets say they even go 4-1)

SDO---tough game even at home---give them an L(4-2)

@MIA---3rd worst team in the NFL(5-2)

NYJ---at home, give the Bills the W---(6-2)

@ NE---tough game even with no Brady---homefield give Pats the edge---(6-3)

CLE---Cleveland just is not very good this year---Bills jacked for Monday night(7-3)

@ KC---the WORST team in the NFL(8-3)

SFO--seem better, but Bills should be able to handle them at home without too much trouble(9-3)

MIA(in TO)---another dose of suckiness for MIA(10-3)

@ NYJ---Give Jets the split as it happens usually even when the Jets suck(10-4)

@ DEN---This could be a marquee matchup with the way both teams are going this year---give Broncos the Mile High edge at home(10-5)

NE---homefield gives the Bills the edge in what could be one of the most important games in years for Buffalo(11-5)

This has got to be one of the easiest schedules the Bills have had in a long time---they need to take full advantage of it and not lose to cupcake teams..it is entirely possible to go 11-5 with this schedule or even 12-4 if the Bills beat the Cardinals which I think is probably a 50-50 game right now...

Man, if all the stars haven't been aligning already, take a look at this softie schedule we have for the rest of the year:

@ ARI---this might be a little tougher than people think, they are looking like a pretty good team this year, but IMHO we can still beat them---heat could b a factor again...(4-1)

CLE---Cleveland just is not very good this year---Bills jacked for Monday night(7-3)

SFO--seem better, but Bills should be able to handle them at home without too much trouble(9-3)

@ DEN---This could be a marquee matchup with the way both teams are going this year---give Broncos the Mile High edge at home(10-5)

NE---homefield gives the Bills the edge in what could be one of the most important games in years for Buffalo(11-5)

This has got to be one of the easiest schedules the Bills have had in a long time---they need to take full advantage of it and not lose to cupcake teams..it is entirely possible to go 11-5 with this schedule or even 12-4 if the Bills beat the Cardinals which I think is probably a 50-50 game right now...

I wouldn't call it easy, but there are some very winnable games on it. With 2 playoffs teams from last year already out of the way, and only 2 more remaining (3 total game), it is favorable. I don't think you're giving Cleveland enough credit, they are off to a slow start, but they are a very good team. A split with the Jets is reasonable. With Brady out, a split with the Patsie's is reasonable as well. While Miami isn't a very good team, it's still a division rivalry. Plus the Bills play them there and pretty much at a neutral site. The Bills are the better team, but I don't think both games are easy wins. The Bills never play well at KC, good team or not, that will be a good test. And the Raiders will be tough game. Take the points, this one will be close. While I do not agree that it will be easy, I don't think a 10-6 record is out of the question, but lets worry about this week first...

WHY ARE YOU %$#ing WITH THE FOOTBALL GODS? HAVE YOU LEARNED NOTHING?

STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT

I get a little annoyed at so many here chalking up any road win as an automatic W, as if we've reached that status yet.

I will say this though: I think if Vegas pretended all 14 of these games were this week and you assumed W's & L's depending on whether we're favored or not....I think you hit on all 14 games. Well done.

WHY ARE YOU %$#ing WITH THE FOOTBALL GODS? HAVE YOU LEARNED NOTHING?

STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT

Meh, NE wouldn't have 3 SB's if there were Football Gods.

So many things can happen between now and the end of the season, especially injuries to key players.

One of the reasons the Patriots were so successful last year (other than bending the rules) was that the players had the mindset to take the season one game at a time. I hope the Bills are thinking the same. Looking too far ahead can lead to an embarrassment in a trap game.

12-4 is possibile and 8-8 is possible. There is a lot of football ahead of us, and I like our chances of being a playoff team, but expected results 15 weeks out is always going to be a stretch. I'm just hoping we win the first game we are supposed to win and move to 3-0 after the Raiders.

A Pats* fan at work came by yesterday and said something similar about how soft our schedule is even compared to theirs. They go west just about every time they play a west coast, it's on the west coast. Here's theirs:

3 Sep 21 MIA @ NE W (3-0)

4 Bye

5 Oct 05 NE @ SF W (4-0) I don't think they're that good...

6 Oct 12 NE @ SD L (4-1) SD is a long way away, and SD will need the game more

7 Oct 20 DEN @ NE W (4-2) Denver gives NE fits

8 Oct 26 STL @ NE W (4-3)

9 Nov 02 NE @ IND L (5-3) Sanders ought to be back and the rest of the team should be healthier

10 Nov 09 BUF @ NE W (6-3) This may well be a must win for NE

11 Nov 13 NYJ @ NE W (7-3) Pats* always seem to win the second game...

12 Nov 23 NE @ MIA W (8-3)

13 Nov 30 PIT @ NE L (8-4) Stillers look tough

14 Dec 07 NE @ SEA L (8-5) Seattle trips are not easy

15 Dec 14 NE @ OAK W (9-5) Another west coast trip. If they win against the Seahawks, they lose here.

16 Dec 21 ARI @ NE W (10-5) A must win for NE, and the Cards may be resting starters with no hope of a bye and no competition in the division

17 Dec 28 NE @ BUF W (11-5) Bills rest starters since they locked up the division 12-4, but lost home field at Denver, the previous week.

I agree with John Adams. While its not ILLEGAL or even a mark of a bad fan to try and predict the rest of the schedule, it still probably can be considered bad taste. We still shouldnt be looking ahead like this. I hope the Bills players aren't, because if they did we're going 6-10. The reason why the Pats* won all those superbowls (along with some illegal help) is because they took one game at a time. Let's just worry about the Oakland game before we start talk to 4-0, 5-0, 11-5, or 12-4. It's just silly, and if we lose this week (we better f'n not!) these posts will look downright stupid. I know you guys are all die-hard fans and we haven't been excited like this for years and I'm not questioning your fanhood, but lets win more than 2 games before we talk like this.

I agree with John Adams. While its not ILLEGAL or even a mark of a bad fan to try and predict the rest of the schedule, it still probably can be considered bad taste. We still shouldnt be looking ahead like this. I hope the Bills players aren't, because if they did we're going 6-10. The reason why the Pats* won all those superbowls (along with some illegal help) is because they took one game at a time. Let's just worry about the Oakland game before we start talk to 4-0, 5-0, 11-5, or 12-4. It's just silly, and if we lose this week (we better f'n not!) these posts will look downright stupid. I know you guys are all die-hard fans and we haven't been excited like this for years and I'm not questioning your fanhood, but lets win more than 2 games before we talk like this.

Right the Bills shouldn't think this way and take care of business week by week...but there's no reason for fans not to look ahead and get excited...that's why we're fans...I like the optimism and positive thinking, something Bills fans lack

I posted something similar yesterday, though it was eliminated for soime reason.

Anyway - let's keep it simple.

If the Bills can go just over .500 and win 8 of next 14 games - they're in the playoffs with a 10-6 record. They've already got the edge on a potential AFC playoff team (the Jags)for playoff position. The Jags now need 3 wins to our 0 wins to gain playoff position over us.

If they're not a factor, that still leaves 6 playoff positions of a possible 14 other AFC teams.

Then there are (6) other 0-2 teams in the AFC that would need at least 2 wins to our 0 (including a head to head win). For the Jets and Dolphins, they'd need a sweep to get that edge. A total of 7 AFC teams will have a hard time catching up to the Bills, assuming they don't implode (see 2003 season).

If we discard the 7 AFC teams with 0-7 records, the Bills are in effect fighting with 8 other AFC teams for the 6 playoff spots. One of those 8 we can take care of this coming week. Indy is the other 1-1 team we may be fighting for playoff position. A win against Oakland would, short of a complete meltdown, let the Bills write their own ticket to the playoffs, especially considering the easy schedule.

Hell, they were nearly a .500 team last year with all the injuries, a lot less experience for Whitner, Edwards, & company, and no Hardy or McKelvin on the team. I don't think 8 more wins in 14 games is asking too much.

Too early to celebrate? Maybe, but not too early to start getting a little giddy about our chances. From a purely statistical standpoint, we stand a damn good chance of playing in January. Even better if we take care of business at home against the Faiders.

Should we start thinking division? Maybe it'll more closely resemble the 1988 season than the 2003 season. I could live with that.

Should we start thinking division? Maybe it'll more closely resemble the 1988 season than the 2003 season. I could live with that.

As it relates to our "soft" schedule this year, can anyone speak to how soft our schedule was in 2003 after our 2-0 start? I forgot how good the teams we played at the time actually were...