Wow...REALLY soft schedule could mean 11-5 or 12-4 easily

Big Turk

Man, if all the stars haven't been aligning already, take a look at this softie schedule we have for the rest of the year:

OAK---no reason we should lose this game at home(3-0)

@ STL---one of the 2 worst teams in the NFL(4-0)

@ ARI---this might be a little tougher than people think, they are looking like a pretty good team this year, but IMHO we can still beat them---heat could b a factor again...(4-1)

BYE(5-0 is entirely attainable at the bye, but lets say they even go 4-1)

SDO---tough game even at home---give them an L(4-2)

@MIA---3rd worst team in the NFL(5-2)

NYJ---at home, give the Bills the W---(6-2)

@ NE---tough game even with no Brady---homefield give Pats the edge---(6-3)

CLE---Cleveland just is not very good this year---Bills jacked for Monday night(7-3)

@ KC---the WORST team in the NFL(8-3)

SFO--seem better, but Bills should be able to handle them at home without too much trouble(9-3)

MIA(in TO)---another dose of suckiness for MIA(10-3)

@ NYJ---Give Jets the split as it happens usually even when the Jets suck(10-4)

@ DEN---This could be a marquee matchup with the way both teams are going this year---give Broncos the Mile High edge at home(10-5)

NE---homefield gives the Bills the edge in what could be one of the most important games in years for Buffalo(11-5)

This has got to be one of the easiest schedules the Bills have had in a long time---they need to take full advantage of it and not lose to cupcake teams..it is entirely possible to go 11-5 with this schedule or even 12-4 if the Bills beat the Cardinals which I think is probably a 50-50 game right now...

I figure they'll split with Miami, lose twice to NE, and possibly beat SD coming off the bye. That'd get them to 10-6. The Phins will improve over the course of the year -- that's a pretty safe bet, and NE is still really, really good. 10-6 may get them in -- the key thing is to win the tiebreakers against these potential wildcards: Jags, Chargers, Jets, Broncos, and Titans. I think at the end of the day the division winners will be NE, Pitt, Denver (because of a stolen win over SD), and Indy. It is not going to be easy, I'll tell you that.

I wouldn't call it easy, but there are some very winnable games on it. With 2 playoffs teams from last year already out of the way, and only 2 more remaining (3 total game), it is favorable. I don't think you're giving Cleveland enough credit, they are off to a slow start, but they are a very good team. A split with the Jets is reasonable. With Brady out, a split with the Patsie's is reasonable as well. While Miami isn't a very good team, it's still a division rivalry. Plus the Bills play them there and pretty much at a neutral site. The Bills are the better team, but I don't think both games are easy wins. The Bills never play well at KC, good team or not, that will be a good test. And the Raiders will be tough game. Take the points, this one will be close. While I do not agree that it will be easy, I don't think a 10-6 record is out of the question, but lets worry about this week first...

I don't think Cleveland is that good at all, IMO---their secondary is horrible---worse than even they thought it would be...

I don't think Cleveland is that good at all, IMO---their secondary is horrible---worse than even they thought it would be...

Varying opinions of teams 2 weeks into the season is very common. That's the thing about the season only being 2 weeks old, no one truly knows how good or how bad most teams are at this point and time.

So many things can happen between now and the end of the season, especially injuries to key players.

One of the reasons the Patriots were so successful last year (other than bending the rules) was that the players had the mindset to take the season one game at a time. I hope the Bills are thinking the same. Looking too far ahead can lead to an embarrassment in a trap game.

I agree with your post. but..... The nice thing about being a fan much like all of us is that we can think ahead. I'm pretty sure if I think about the Cards game or even way ahead to the Patriots game it will have no impact on the outcome. I like to believe that I have an impact on the outcomes of the games but I don't. Looking at the way the Bills are playing and reading the original post I have to say I agree. Many factors can change that as we are all well aware of. I think it is wise for us Bills fans to be cautious due to recent history. We are conditioned to expect failure being a Bills fan, hell being a Buffalo sports fan. Part of the fun of being a fan is over inflating your team. I always think the Bills will be better then they end up. So that is why I am now thinking they will win the next 3 SB's.

Varying opinions of teams 2 weeks into the season is very common. That's the thing about the season only being 2 weeks old, no one truly knows how good or how bad most teams are at this point and time.

You are right about no one truly knowing what will happen after two games (the fact that no one can know is what makes it interesting.

However, there are certain facts such as beating Jax who we might well compete for a wildcard slot for at this point is a huge factual advantage. The fact that they lose a tiebreaker to us if it comes down to head and head puts them three games behind us though we have only played two games and this is big.

Homefield advantage is one of the NFL stats that historically proves to be an advantage. Beating a potential playoff team on the road is simply huge also.

On the subjective side, while only two weeks of results are not conclusive of anything, again one has to feel very good about beating an NFC playoff team comfortably at home and about getting a Jauron style victory on the road against a conference opponent.

The fact this team got off to a solid start (very important in any game but for this team in particular), the team did not panic though Jax put a serious hurting on them in the 3rd quarter (particularly given time of posession and the heat) but they did the Jauron thing of just hanging around and then they struck successfully and hard getting a jump TD from their big draftee WR.

This result is hard to imagine being better for the Bills.

The team MUST continue to take it one week at a time, but we fans are pretty justified in going crazy.

Man, if all the stars haven't been aligning already, take a look at this softie schedule we have for the rest of the year:

OAK---no reason we should lose this game at home(3-0)

@ STL---one of the 2 worst teams in the NFL(4-0)

@ ARI---this might be a little tougher than people think, they are looking like a pretty good team this year, but IMHO we can still beat them---heat could b a factor again...(4-1)

BYE(5-0 is entirely attainable at the bye, but lets say they even go 4-1)

SDO---tough game even at home---give them an L(4-2)

@MIA---3rd worst team in the NFL(5-2)

NYJ---at home, give the Bills the W---(6-2)

@ NE---tough game even with no Brady---homefield give Pats the edge---(6-3)

CLE---Cleveland just is not very good this year---Bills jacked for Monday night(7-3)

@ KC---the WORST team in the NFL(8-3)

SFO--seem better, but Bills should be able to handle them at home without too much trouble(9-3)

MIA(in TO)---another dose of suckiness for MIA(10-3)

@ NYJ---Give Jets the split as it happens usually even when the Jets suck(10-4)

@ DEN---This could be a marquee matchup with the way both teams are going this year---give Broncos the Mile High edge at home(10-5)

NE---homefield gives the Bills the edge in what could be one of the most important games in years for Buffalo(11-5)

This has got to be one of the easiest schedules the Bills have had in a long time---they need to take full advantage of it and not lose to cupcake teams..it is entirely possible to go 11-5 with this schedule or even 12-4 if the Bills beat the Cardinals which I think is probably a 50-50 game right now...

OLD SAYING....don't count your chickens before they are hatched. Every week the other team accually does show up and play. No games are really easy wins.

I say that we need to worry about Oakland as well. Their 2 main guys at RB are banged up, McFadden's shoulder and Fargas' groin. They are both listed as questionable or day-to-day. These are tough injuries for a RB to cope with. Russell will be in a very hostile environment and he's in his first year as a starter :unsure: Pretty sure that our OL line having another week of work with Peters in there will have a better showing. Lynch steps up and goes for 140 yards rushing this week with 3 TD's. Their defense isn't really bad at all, but DeAngelo Hall doesn't look like the player he used to be and Gibril Wilson is battling injury. Trent will be able to get his 220-240 yards with 2 TD's. The Bills will roll the Raiders right out of Buffalo and Lane Kiffin to the local Unemployment Office. Bills 38 Oakland 17. :unsure: