Mighty Taco

portisizzle

Fellas,

I am here in Buffalo with my Bills fan brother. We have been riding by these Mighty Taco locations. So we broke down and made the purchase.

Jesus. What a bad freaking taco. I asked the guy at the window if the "Mighty Taco" was better than Taco Bell.

Ahh, no. :rolleyes:

We bought six of these things. I am conviced that they use Kaopectate in the secret sauce. We have four left so if someone wants the rest, give me a shout.

:lol:

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fellas,

I am here in Buffalo with my Bills fan brother. We have been riding by these Mighty Taco locations. So we broke down and made the purchase.

Jesus. What a bad freaking taco. I asked the guy at the window if the "Mighty Taco" was better than Taco Bell.

Ahh, no. :rolleyes:

We bought six of these things. I am conviced that they use Kaopectate in the secret sauce. We have four left so if someone wants the rest, give me a shout.

You can leave WNY RIGHT NOW.

We don't take kindly to people who talk bad about Mighty, and we sure as hell don't appreciate the blasphemy of saying it's not better than Taco Hell.

Say one bad word about chicken wings and you'll be forced to read every page of every Mickey-vs-TSW Jason Peters threads.

We were at the Anchor Bar for lunch. :rolleyes:

Mighty Taco product is INDEFENSIBLE. Maybe you have a regional issue with Taco Bell. There is NO BETTER restaurant than KFC/Taco Bell.

That might be the most ridiculous thing I've ever read on this board, and that's really saying a lot.

Mighty Taco is the bomb. You're not from WNY so you can't understand.

Just don't try to pass off KFC and Taco Hell as the ultimate in fast food.

KFC 10 years ago maybe. Now - no way. Taco Hell also runs through most people's digestive tracts like a bullet train.

BTW, Anchor Bar doesn't have the best wings. It's a touristy place. Go to Duff's for much better wings.

That might be the most ridiculous thing I've ever read on this board, and that's really saying a lot.

Mighty Taco is the bomb. You're not from WNY so you can't understand.

Just don't try to pass off KFC and Taco Hell as the ultimate in fast food.

KFC 10 years ago maybe. Now - no way. Taco Hell also runs through most people's digestive tracts like a bullet train.

BTW, Anchor Bar doesn't have the best wings. It's a touristy place. Go to Duff's for much better wings.

Fellas,

Ahh, no. :wallbash:

:wallbash:

I know! They aren't bad if you want a cheapo, slop of a taco.

Since moving to the South Side of Chicago... Nothing compares outside of Mexico (and that is even a stretch)... I don't know how even Taco Bell makes it here on the South Side? Mighty would fail miserably here... Well, I kinda know how Taco Bell makes it... They cater to the people who want a name brand.

Here... Everything is authentic... Even my Mexican sister-in-law who lives in the BFLO area is always requesting that we send her authentic Mexican products that she would only get in Mexico... Closer to send it from here!

Once you hit these places (along with hitting Nueva Maxwell Street on the weekend), one will feel cheated at Mighty Taco by eating a "Greengo Taco": :nana:

Beyond The Taco

Nueva Maxwell Street

I have local joints that are within a couple of blocks where I live and the food will knock your Sox off!

:beer:

EDIT:

You have to get over one's "Anglo Fear" when walking into some of the small local joints... Oh, and brush up on your Spanish!

You can leave WNY RIGHT NOW.

We don't take kindly to people who talk bad about Mighty, and we sure as hell don't appreciate the blasphemy of saying it's not better than Taco Hell.

Say one bad word about chicken wings and you'll be forced to read every page of every Mickey-vs-TSW Jason Peters threads.

^^^^^

:beer::wallbash:

:wallbash:

You what Mighty Taco is?

It is BFLO's version of White Castle. You wouldn't believe the drunks that rave about this place (Whitle Castle... White Castle'S if you use the lame "City" of Chicago version... :blink::beer: )...

But, man how did they (Mighty and TB) ever bastardize a taco so bad? :wallbash::wallbash: ... Though they are alright and a world above Taco Bell!

Man! I am slamming everybody tonight!

:D:nana:

Fellas,

Ahh, no. :devil:

:P

Seeing as how the sauce isn't made with your brother's man juice, I am not surprised you don't like it.

as much as it will always have a special place in my heart, i wont bother trying to defend MT here. dude doesnt like it, thats fine. blasphemy, but fine.

HOWEVER, saying there is "NO BETTER restaurant(sic) than KFC/Taco Bell" is just down right laughable and negates any validity to your opinion on MT.

Might Taco may not be the best, but Taco Bell surely isnt even close.

Exiled, are you trying to say that these taco places are trying to pass themselves off as authentic mexican food? Of course they're not. You're better of comparing any NHL team to the Maple Leafs.

:wallbash::lol: (Blue)

No... All I am saying is that Mighty is to the drunks in BFLO that White Castle is to Chicago or Illinois.

Really both are not bad... And taste awesome at times... But, take it for what it is worth.

I'd give my left nut for 6 pack of Super Mightys w/extra hot sauce!

With a large Loganberry as well!!

just a heads up, they don't use aunt rosies anymore. they went to some other brand and the loganberry tastes like watered down apple juice. I had to take it back and get mountain dew.

We'd always stop at mighty taco after a night at the brick bar. always enjoyed the gradations of hot sauce ending with 'asbestos underwear'

My folks sent me some loganberry concentrate so I made a pitcher for the game. Might be my new game superstition.

just a heads up, they don't use aunt rosies anymore. they went to some other brand and the loganberry tastes like watered down apple juice. I had to take it back and get mountain dew.

I always wondered about the loganberry phenom in S. Ontario and WNY.

From Wiki:

The loganberry (Rubus × loganobaccus) is a hybrid produced from crossing a blackberry and a raspberry.

A use common to Southern Ontario, Canada, and Western New York, USA, is Loganberry Juice. While the Loganberry is primarily harvested in the Western United States, growers there were unaware that a niche market existed for a Loganberry-derived drink to the east. According to local lore, the loganberry drink was developed by entrepreneurs in the late 1800s at Crystal Beach, a local summertime resort, and one time amusement park, in Southern Ontario. The drink continued to be served at the amusement park and is still produced there. The most popular commercial version is 'Aunt Rosie's', which is commonly enjoyed in Western New York. 'Aunt Rosie's' is distributed by the local Pepsi-Cola bottling operation out of Buffalo, and is found in local restaurants and establishments. A smaller, more local version of Loganberry juice is available to locals in New York's Capital District, under the name of PJ's Crystal Beach Loganberry Juice, available in Sparkling and Diet. Loganberries may also be purchased in their syrup form in local supermarkets for use at home.

:wallbash::lol:

Oh... Give it to your children and the stuff stains like all get up!

OVERRATED. All they do is kill their wings with hot sauce.

No, Sorry . . . Your Buffalo resident card has been rejected. Duff's wings are by far the best because:

1) They use smallish wings which allow them to be fully cooked. (there is nothing worse than half cooked "jumbo" wings) :sick:

2) The wings are always crispy, not soggy.

3) The sauce. Lots of it. I like my orange lipstick when I'm done.

4) HEAT. and lots of it.

5) Atmosphere . . .and by atmosphere i mean hot waitresses in skin tight t-shirts. :angry:

Last time I went they had no loganberry at all. I thought they had dropped it from their menu completely.

PS Anyone who rates Taco Bell over Might Taco and then gives the very overrated and overpriced Anchor Bar a :angry: has some issues. :sick:

No, Sorry . . . Your Buffalo resident card has been rejected. Duff's wings are by far the best because:

1) They use smallish wings which allow them to be fully cooked. (there is nothing worse than half cooked "jumbo" wings) :sick:

2) The wings are always crispy, not soggy.

3) The sauce. Lots of it. I like my orange lipstick when I'm done.

4) HEAT. and lots of it.

5) Atmosphere . . .and by atmosphere i mean hot waitresses in skin tight t-shirts. :angry:

I don't get to Buffalo much anymore but will have to try Duff's next time up. As for Anchor, when I was there in '04 they certainly fit 1-4 as far as I was concerned. #5? Not so much...but they did have the great Dodo Green performing.

We'd always stop at mighty taco after a night at the brick bar. always enjoyed the gradations of hot sauce ending with 'asbestos underwear'

My folks sent me some loganberry concentrate so I made a pitcher for the game. Might be my new game superstition.

WOW..I didn't even bother reading your post :angry:

OUCH...that hurt. :angry:

Posted this a few years ago but will again. Got me a case of Aunt Rosies when the Wegmans opened in Fairfax. Cracked my first one with Red Hot, and about spit it out it was do damn sweet. Guess it had been 20 years since I had one. Some things just do not carry over from our youth, or maybe thats just me.

Also, loved the MT in my youth, but now would have to be after 2AM for me to eat there. And seeing as I haven't seen 2AM in the last decade, not so worried about it LOL