OK, Screw It

Bill from NYC

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"...screwed his entire career..."? Wanna bet? Only problem is we wouldn't be able to settle it up for 10 years.

So far, this still hasn't cost him a dime nor diminished his rep as a top LT one bit. If he were released today, he would be fending off offers from half the teams in the league falling all over themselves for the right to pay him what the Bills refuse to pay him. At some point, the Bills are going to pay him or they are going to give up on him and trade him. And then Peters will rake it in and get back to being a pro bowler while we spend the money we wouldn't spend on him on the next Mike Williams.

I know the popular, spite driven idea here is to have him rot forever but there is a reason why that has pretty much never happened before and they are the same reasons it won't happen here. If Ricky Williams can smoke bushels of weed, retire, unretire, retire again and still come back and make plenty of coin, I hardly think that Peters, who has yet to miss a game or game check this season, has "screwed his entire career".

It has driven some fans close to crazy though. But only because he is really, really good which is his whole point on the contract issue.

No, it still has not cost him anything. However, will you change your mind after Sunday? You still think he is playing Sunday and going to get paid? The Bills still have not played a game this year, but I'm betting they will on Sunday. You have some good points but why you stick with it has not cost him a dime yet.....

I agree completely w/Bill.

Both situations completely make no sense and it's getting to the point I'm getting irritated just thinking about it.

Like so many posters have said before, the front office put so much faith into Jason Peters with his contract last year that for him to attempt to renegociate already is asinine no matter how well he performed. It's not like he's making the league min or something outrageous like that. Getting more that 3.5m for someone that just moved into a new position is more than fare. You definitely can't blame the FO on this one.

As for Evans, I'm dumbfounded why this hasn't been a closed issue months ago. Are they planning on tagging him next year and them hoping James Hardy comes into his own and letting Evans go the following? Or is the FO or Evans agent being stubborn on negociations? Once again another situation that doesn't make sense going into the season. I just hope they're not betting everything on James Hardy being a premier WR in a few years. That would be a huge gamble.

Sad to see a young, talented guy throw a way his career...

Give it a rest already. How is he throwing away his career in the NFL?

He isn't the first guy to hold out(including the regular season) and he won't be the last. His future may not be with the Bills depending on how this plays out, but he still will have a long NFL career unless there is something going on behind the scenes that hasn't been made public yet.

"...screwed his entire career..."? Wanna bet? Only problem is we wouldn't be able to settle it up for 10 years.

So far, this still hasn't cost him a dime nor diminished his rep as a top LT one bit. If he were released today, he would be fending off offers from half the teams in the league falling all over themselves for the right to pay him what the Bills refuse to pay him. At some point, the Bills are going to pay him or they are going to give up on him and trade him. And then Peters will rake it in and get back to being a pro bowler while we spend the money we wouldn't spend on him on the next Mike Williams.

I know the popular, spite driven idea here is to have him rot forever but there is a reason why that has pretty much never happened before and they are the same reasons it won't happen here. If Ricky Williams can smoke bushels of weed, retire, unretire, retire again and still come back and make plenty of coin, I hardly think that Peters, who has yet to miss a game or game check this season, has "screwed his entire career".

It has driven some fans close to crazy though. But only because he is really, really good which is his whole point on the contract issue.

"Some"? "SOME"???!!!!!

Christ, it's driven you to near apoplexy! :w00t:

You're like the molls in the old, campy Batman TV series, that get sucked into a life of crime by the weekly supervillians, in this case, Peters and Parker.

Peters can get back to being a 'pro bowler', or pin-setter, or schoolbus driver right now, 'cause he's no longer an NFL football player!!!!!! :thumbsup:

As Batman always said the the moll as the supervillain got dragged off to oblivion, "You poor, deluded child!"

Have a nice life as a Walmart greeter, Peters!!!!! :w00t:

GO BILLSSSS!!!!!!

19 and 0 baby!!!!! (without Peters!!!!!) :D

"Some"? "SOME"???!!!!!

Christ, it's driven you to near apoplexy! :D

You're like the molls in the old, campy Batman TV series, that get sucked into a life of crime by the weekly supervillians, in this case, Peters and Parker.

Peters can get back to being a 'pro bowler', or pin-setter, or schoolbus driver right now, 'cause he's no longer an NFL football player!!!!!! :thumbsup:

As Batman always said the the moll as the supervillain got dragged off to oblivion, "You poor, deluded child!"

Have a nice life as a Walmart greeter, Peters!!!!! :w00t:

GO BILLSSSS!!!!!!

19 and 0 baby!!!!! (without Peters!!!!!) B-)

Posluszny :w00t:

Interesting. Why a river instead of a lake or ocean? You would think lake with Erie right there and all. Does Bill know something about Jason's location that we don't?

Simple, the moving current washes him away to another place, anbd if there is a waterfall in that river, all the better.

I think BLAH.

BLAH BLAH BLAH.

What's your BLAH?

BLAH Peters BLAH.

Peters BLAH, Parker BLAH.

Bills front office BLAH.

If BLAH, therefore BLAH, but if and only if some other BLAH. Hence, conditional BLAH.

Too much BLAH? Not enough BLAH? New posts, same BLAH? BLAH BLAH BLAH!

!@#$ the BLAH! Gimme some mother !@#$ing FOOTBALL!!!

We will certainly suffer if key injuries occur. Things could get desperate pretty fast.

You are probably right but I am going to try to be an optimist and hope that Chambers holds the fort while Bell's education is put into hyperdrive. Not like we have any choice anyway given the great stalemate.

What should have happened with Jason Peters is this- in Feb the Bills should have approached Peters and said "wow a probowl nomination that's great- hey look we understand you've outplayed your contract so you get yourself a 100% come in and take a physical and we will make you the highest paid Olineman on the team- and if you make another probowl which we think you will, we will get offer you a contact that will put you in the top 3 Olinemen in the NFL because Jason Even though we already have a contract with you for the next three years we want to show you we value your talent and effort and want you to be a Buffalo Bill for a long time. Peters should have said thank you Mr Wilson sir, I'll do my best to reward your faith in me sir.

With Evans I think the problem is that he might have more value on other teams- not that he only has one skill but what he does best is beat DBs deep so his value to a team depends on how often they like to take shots downfield.

Why, yes, he was, and a damn good crimefighter, too! I wasn't comparing him to Batman....

In my comparison, Peters and Parker are more like The Penguin and The Joker. :thumbsup:

GO BILLSSS!!!!

Actually, I should revise - given Peters' current physical condition and diet, he probably bears a closer semblance to Victor Buono than Burgess Meredith...

King Tut

correct me if i'm wrong (i'm sure someone will), but peters was an undrafted free agent that the Bills took a chance on and turned the guy into a top flight OT. maybe some other team would have eventually done the same but they didn't, it was Buffalo that made this guy into the player he is and you would think that he would show the team a little more respect and at least come in and show them he's willing to play during renogotiation. selfish prick.

Did McGahee? Nobody else wanted to touch him after his knee injury. Donahoser spent a 1st rounder on him.

if we win 2 games (first two of course) without peters, i think we'll have him on the block for a trade on the following monday.

Trading Peters is giving in to what Parker wants. Their priority is to get paid, whether it's from Buffalo or another team. Forcing him to sit is and should be the option the front office takes. Parker can float him some loans, but 190k game checks will be missed eventually. And I hope the rest of the NFL takes note.

Everyone Parker represents has won in their battle for a bigger contract. As much as I don't think the front office is at the top in the NFL, it would be nice to see an agent wave the white flag. Not that it's going to happen anytime soon.