OK, Screw It

Bill from NYC

The season is upon us. I can't say that I am happy about these contract situations, but it is what it is. I supported this team with the likes of Corey Louichey, Jerry Crafts, Greg Jerman, Jerry Ostroski. Now is no different. Good or bad, frustrating or not, the Bills, being a Bills Fan, supporting the team, etc. come first.

I am bowing out of this whole contract scene. Enough is enough, so here are my final thoughts on these issues.........

Evans: Lee, sign an extension before you get hurt and blow it all. Think of security for your family. Get a great raise, but try not to get too stupid. You don't deserve 100 million. Please make at least semi-reasonable demands.

Peters: Jason, I cheered you like few others. You are good, very freaking good but in the end, you are a football player. I wanted you to come to camp in the worst way; to the point that I gave it way too much thought. I still want this, but if you really cannot, if you truly are SO insulted by your salary that you don't want to come in and work this thing out, I am asking you and Parker to go jump in a freaking river.

End of story.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I still want this, but if you really cannot, if you truly are SO insulted by your salary that you don't want to come in and work this thing out, I am asking you and Parker to go jump in a freaking river.

End of story.

Interesting. Why a river instead of a lake or ocean? You would think lake with Erie right there and all. Does Bill know something about Jason's location that we don't?

I agree Bill, Peter just screwed his entire career. Too bad. Oh well, guess he will sit for three years and get fat. The Bills need to move on. I hope you are right about Evan, or we could trade him or just keep drafting wide receivers. Either way, the Bills need to move on. Wish I could make what Peters is making now, just one year and I could retire.

I agree Bill, Peter just screwed his entire career. Too bad. Oh well, guess he will sit for three years and get fat. The Bills need to move on. I hope you are right about Evan, or we could trade him or just keep drafting wide receivers. Either way, the Bills need to move on. Wish I could make what Peters is making now, just one year and I could retire.

remains to be seen if he makes anything. hes getting fined bigtime now, isnt he? and rightfully so. one really has to wonder if he has something serious to hide. anyway, hes makin a complete ''$$ out of himself

Kudos to our good friend Bill from Gotham City, who knows better than anyone how important is to be true to your word, show up for work, and 'watch the backs' of the guys counting on you to be there.

Sad to see a young, talented guy throw a way his career; however, since Peters seems to care only about his own wallet and has no regard for the fans, his teammates, or the organization that gave a slow-witted, undrafted kid from Texas an opportunity of a lifetime that so many dream about but so few realize - the chance to play in the NFL and make tons o' money doing it - let's have a little fan unity along with the team unity and front-office resolve -

SCREW YOU, PETERS - WE'RE GOIN' TO THE SUPERBOWL WITHOUT YOU!!!!!

GO BILLSSS!!!!

19 and 0 baby!!!!! :thumbsup:

Welcome back, Bill!!

Let's go, Buffalo!! :thumbsup::w00t:

Kudos to our good friend Bill from Gotham City, who knows better than anyone how important is to be true to your word, show up for work, and 'watch the backs' of the guys counting on you to be there.

indeed!

GO BILLS!!!

There is nothing to even be worried about. Yes, it sucks that Peters has not reported. But he will be back, at some point. As for Evans, if we don't get a deal done, we'll just slap the franchise tag on him. Great receivers in their prime NEVER hit the market.

I agree, he'll be back at some point. Some damage has been done, but we all know how quickly it can be undone. One pancake block on a 4th & one that springs Lynch and the fans will be cheering wildly. All will be forgotten. We fans are funny that way.

Regarding Evans...the sooner a deal is done the better. I hope that both sides are working hard to get the kid re-signed.

It's a pain in the butt, for us long time fans, to see the Bills go into the season with less than their best lineup. We've suffered with so many bad teams and mediocre players that it's galling to see a contract dispute put one of our best players on the sidelines. It's hard not to obsess about it.

But at this point it's just a distraction from the main business, playing and winning games. I'm trying not to think about it. The team should pretend Peters is injured with no date certain for his recovery. Suck it up and play.

And all of us fans with nothing better to invest our time in should have a beer or two and cheer the boys in blue on.

The season is upon us. I can't say that I am happy about these contract situations, but it is what it is. I supported this team with the likes of Corey Louichey, Jerry Crafts, Greg Jerman, Jerry Ostroski. Now is no different. Good or bad, frustrating or not, the Bills, being a Bills Fan, supporting the team, etc. come first.

I am bowing out of this whole contract scene. Enough is enough, so here are my final thoughts on these issues.........

Evans: Lee, sign an extension before you get hurt and blow it all. Think of security for your family. Get a great raise, but try not to get too stupid. You don't deserve 100 million. Please make at least semi-reasonable demands.

Peters: Jason, I cheered you like few others. You are good, very freaking good but in the end, you are a football player. I wanted you to come to camp in the worst way; to the point that I gave it way too much thought. I still want this, but if you really cannot, if you truly are SO insulted by your salary that you don't want to come in and work this thing out, I am asking you and Parker to go jump in a freaking river.

End of story.

I figure Peters has to find the most face saving way (assuming there is a face saving way) to get back right away unless he is planning on sitting out the season. He played his hand and the bills stood firm. Now its pretty much over for him, and the bills seem ready to carry on without him.

Evans should negotiate an extension and the bills should open up their wallets. He's a keeper.

correct me if i'm wrong (i'm sure someone will), but peters was an undrafted free agent that the Bills took a chance on and turned the guy into a top flight OT. maybe some other team would have eventually done the same but they didn't, it was Buffalo that made this guy into the player he is and you would think that he would show the team a little more respect and at least come in and show them he's willing to play during renogotiation. selfish prick.

Amen, Bill.... Go Bills! :thumbsup:

End of story.

Sad to see a young, talented guy throw a way his career; however, since Peters seems to care only about his own wallet and has no regard for the fans, his teammates, or the organization that gave a slow-witted, undrafted kid from Texas an opportunity of a lifetime that so many dream about but so few realize - the chance to play in the NFL and make tons o' money doing it - let's have a little fan unity along with the team unity and front-office resolve -

GO BILLSSS!!!!

19 and 0 baby!!!!! :thumbsup:

Sadly, I don't blame Peters as much as I blame Parker for this whole mess. Parker has no income via Peters previous contract. He only gets his percentage when Peters signs a new deal. Parker has other clients he is recieving compensation from, but in Peters case he has none. Parker only wins with new contract, should Peters report and play out even a year of his contract, Parker get nada. If Parker were removed from this equation, I beleive Peters would be back within 48-72 hours.

"...screwed his entire career..."? Wanna bet? Only problem is we wouldn't be able to settle it up for 10 years.

So far, this still hasn't cost him a dime nor diminished his rep as a top LT one bit. If he were released today, he would be fending off offers from half the teams in the league falling all over themselves for the right to pay him what the Bills refuse to pay him. At some point, the Bills are going to pay him or they are going to give up on him and trade him. And then Peters will rake it in and get back to being a pro bowler while we spend the money we wouldn't spend on him on the next Mike Williams.

I know the popular, spite driven idea here is to have him rot forever but there is a reason why that has pretty much never happened before and they are the same reasons it won't happen here. If Ricky Williams can smoke bushels of weed, retire, unretire, retire again and still come back and make plenty of coin, I hardly think that Peters, who has yet to miss a game or game check this season, has "screwed his entire career".

It has driven some fans close to crazy though. But only because he is really, really good which is his whole point on the contract issue.

Says it all.

The Peters issue now becomes a side note as the offseason will be truly over come Sunday. The only good news I see on that front is that if he does hold out for a regular season game, the deck is going to get reshuffled which might be a good thing. Either the team is going to suffer for his absence on the field or they won't. If the former, the team might decide they need him on the field and if the latter, Peters will have lost enough leverage to hopefully reconsider.

The Peters issue now becomes a side note as the offseason will be truly over come Sunday. The only good news I see on that front is that if he does hold out for a regular season game, the deck is going to get reshuffled which might be a good thing. Either the team is going to suffer for his absence on the field or they won't. If the former, the team might decide they need him on the field and if the latter, Peters will have lost enough leverage to hopefully reconsider.

We will certainly suffer if key injuries occur. Things could get desperate pretty fast.