Scout.com says Peters may be back monday

Fingon

Riiiiiight....because the history of the Jauron/Brandon/Modrak drafting tandem is, what, three years old now? They drafted a safety (Whitner) in the 1st round because the Bills were faced with either an aging/ineffective Milloy or nothing. They then drafted a RB in the first round because they needed to replace McGahee. This year, looking at needs, the secondary lacked depth so they drafted McKelvin, the top DB prospect on the board.

You're absolutely correct, Bill. The current administration has shown no propensity to draft based upon need, and they would DEFINITELY not look to draft a highly-touted LT if they know they're losing Peters. It's damn near a certainty.

Dont even bother, eball. You should know by now that no matter how bad we need a certain position, if the pick isnt along one of the lines, its a bad pick and our draft was horrendous. Like if we make the playoffs this season, it will be in spite of the whitner/mckelvin picks, and ONLY because of the 2007 draft.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dont even bother, eball. You should know by now that no matter how bad we need a certain position, if the pick isnt along one of the lines, its a bad pick and our draft was horrendous. Like if we make the playoffs this season, it will be in spite of the whitner/mckelvin picks, and ONLY because of the 2007 draft.

If we make the Playoffs this year I'd give most of the credit to the law of averages since we are tied at 2nd with Detroit for longest playoff drought with only Arizona going longer.

that chic in ur avantar is cute. who is she? tell us about her.

Don't even try Bill, its the same logic used to conclude that the problem is lack of communication rather than money or that not much communication is required to say "No" and "Call us if you change your mind."

You see, Brandon's principles, like my sainted mother's, demand that he be called first rather than the other way around. Its not the millions of dollars at stake that is the problem, its who owes a call to who.

that chic in ur avantar is cute. who is she? tell us about her.

Gemma Ward, from Australia.

"...she accompanied her friends to a modelling competition and ended up being scouted herself:

I had come straight from my auntie and uncle's farm, and I was wearing this big gray barn jacket with mud all over it. When the scout came up to me, I said, 'No, thank you.' They forged my mum's signature [for mandatory parental consent], and pushed me in front of the cameras.[2]

Ward didn't win the competition, but Vivien's Model Agency picked her up after seeing a small picture of her in Kurv, a quarterly, internationally focused, Australian produced, fashion, arts, beauty, culture and style magazine.

Here, check her out:

If angels exist, I hope they look like Gemma Ward

Gemma Ward, from Australia.

"...she accompanied her friends to a modelling competition and ended up being scouted herself:

I had come straight from my auntie and uncle's farm, and I was wearing this big gray barn jacket with mud all over it. When the scout came up to me, I said, 'No, thank you.' They forged my mum's signature [for mandatory parental consent], and pushed me in front of the cameras.[2]

Ward didn't win the competition, but Vivien's Model Agency picked her up after seeing a small picture of her in Kurv, a quarterly, internationally focused, Australian produced, fashion, arts, beauty, culture and style magazine.

Here, check her out:

If angels exist, I hope they look like Gemma Ward

So that's who killed Health Ledger. It wasn't the Olson twins.

No, but give it time. The report mentioned Monday.

umm today IS Monday. of course they didn't say which monday did they.

My take on this is if he dosent show by Saturday they we can expect to not see him until week 10 (there is no way he will sit the entire year because he will just have to come back for 3 more) that is of course until he gets traded...

Again...no player will sit out and lose over $191,000 per game...it just doesn't happen unless this guy has some real mental issues going on. COuple that with all the fines he will be forced to pay if he does miss a regular season game and he is likely looking at around $500,000...no one in their right mind would risk losing that amount of money no matter how rich he is or thinks he is...

Still standing behind this statement?

Just in case any clarification is needed on the beating of this dead horse, Peters won't be back for quite some time.

OK the real scoop on Jason Peters - first you have to know his interests

Attended Queen City High School, earning All-District and All-Area honors as a defensive end…Lone Star Recruiting ranked him the 18th-best prospect in Texas…was on every Top 100 in Texas list…also lettered in basketball, averaging 18.4 points per game to garner All-District and All-Area honors…Vocational Education major, enrolled in the College of Education and Health Professions … restores cars as a hobby … interested in starting his own fashion line.

http://www.sanfranciscosentinel.com/?p=7861

and you thought he gained weight

No, but give it time. The report mentioned Monday.

Well, it's Tuesday, BeerSphere - look's like the team is installing their game plan and is quite ready for for life without Peters...

Fortunately for Buffalo the changes that have been made up front in light of Peters’ absence have panned out rather well. Langston Walker has transitioned nicely to left tackle and Kirk Chambers is a scrappy and capable edge protector on the right side...

Perhaps benefiting the team is the fact that they have been preparing for the 2008 campaign the entire offseason without Peters. Ideally they’d like to have him, but he’s been absent for so long that focusing on the opener has been that much easier for the men who will be suiting up on Sunday.

“I’m the type of person who’s more concerned with what I can do personally to get better as a player, and considering his situation and thinking about that situation is taking away from my ability to get better and get this team better, so it hasn’t really even crossed my mind,” said Edwards. “I’m just trying to keep that to the side, and trying to focus on the Seattle Seahawks.”

“It’s an unfortunate situation,” said Evans. “But what we have to do is focus on the guys that are here and do what we have to do to win football games.”

“We have guys that have been working hard, that are preparing to play Seattle,” said Dockery. “Those five guys that show up, suited and ready to play, we’ll be ready.”

Good luck, Jason - have a nice life.

GO BILLSSS!!!!

19 and 0 baby!!!!! :beer:

And you seem to have boundless energy upon which to draw for the task at hand, not that there's anything wrong with THAT! :beer:

Just to show I am a good sport and because the elation of opening day is creeping into my nether regions, here is a modified version of "Guy Love" from Scrubs just for you:

Mickey:

Let's face the facts about me and you,

A love unspecified.

Though I'm proud to call you "Chocolate Bear,"

The crowd will always talk and stare.

Jason Peters:

I feel exactly those feelings, too

And that's why I keep them inside.

'Cause this bear can't bear the world's disdain,

And sometimes it's easier to hide,

Than explain our

Mickey and Jason:

Guy love,

That's all it is,

Guy love,

He's mine, I'm his,

There's nothing gay about it in our eyes.

Jason:

You ask me 'bout this thing we share,

Mickey:

And he tenderly replies,

Jason:

It's guy love

Duet:

Between two guys.

Jason:

We're closer than the average man and wife,

Mickey:

That's why our matching bracelets say Mickey and Jason.

Jason:

You know I'll stick by you, for the rest of my life.

Mickey:

You're the only man who's ever been inside of me.

Jason:

Whoa, I just took out his apendix.

Mickey:

There's no need to clarify,

Jason:

Oh no?

Mickey:

Just let it grow more and more each day.

It's like I married my best friend,

Jason:

But in a totally manly way.

Duet:

Let's go!

It's guy love,

Don't compromise,

The feeeling of some other guy,

Holding up your heart,

Into the sky.

Mickey:

I'll be there to care through all the lows.

Jason:

I'll be there to share the highs.

Duet:

It's guy love,

Between two guys.

Mickey:

And when I say, "I love you, Jason,"

It's not what it implies.

Duet:

It's guy love...Between...Two...Guys