Prisco's take on Peters

The problem is that Parker has a reputation to uphold. I can easily holding Peters out just to not make himself look like a chump to prospective clients.

Unless Parker is gonna be giving Peters about 200K each week and pay another 250K in fines for him if he doesn't report by the end of camp, Peters will be here within....oh...the next week or so...

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless Parker is gonna be giving Peters about 200K each week and pay another 250K well over $500K in fines plus some portion of his signing bonus for him if he doesn't report by the end of camp, Peters will be here within....oh...the next week or so...

Fixed, except that there's nothing Parker can do to restore Peters' relationship with his teammates, management, and the fans, or his image around the league, if and when Peters ever plays football again - all things that will likely hamper Peters in any future contract negotiations.

And if Mr. I-Scored-A-Whopping-Nine-On-My-Wonderlic ever does show up for work, at this point it'll look like it was just to collect a paycheck, and his coaches and teammates aren't gonna be too thrilled to see a fat, outa shape, injured tub-of-goo that's been sitting on the couch, watching TV, lickin' barbecue off his fingers, while they've all been busting their humps getting ready for the season.

But besides the $500K+ in fines, damage to his reputation, relationship with his coaches and teammates, and risk to his entire future career, the holdout has cost Peters absolutely nothing so far.

Right. :lol:

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. -- Pro Bowl defensive end Aaron Schobel signed a contract extension with the Buffalo Bills on Friday that is potentially worth about $50.5 million over the seven-year deal.

The deal includes $20 million in guaranteed money and locks Schobel up through 2013, extending his current contract for four additional years. The new deal was reached after Schobel earned his first Pro Bowl selection last season, and now makes him the team's highest-paid player.

"Obviously, I had three years left on my deal so they didn't have to do anything ... so it's good: It's good for both of us," Schobel said after the Bills 28-17 preseason loss to Tennessee. "I like it here. This is my kind of style. I'm a small-town guy. I like the organization, I like the fans."

The 29-year-old Schobel has been a regular starter since his rookie season, after the Bills selected him in the second round of the 2001 draft out of Texas.

He's coming off a career year in which he finished third in the league with 14 sacks. That tied him with Bruce Smith for the fourth-highest single-season total by a Bills player and was the third time Schobel had reached double digits.

"We're trying to keep our good players, and one of the ways you do that is you go to them early and work out deals in order to keep your own," Bills vice president Jim Overdorf said. "Hopefully, Aaron finishes his career as a Buffalo Bill. That was one of his objectives in this, too."

Schobel had three years left on his previous contract, a five-year deal worth about $23 million that included a $6.75 million signing bonus. He was to make $8 million in base salary over the final three seasons, including $2.5 million this year.

With 60½ career sacks, Schobel is third in team history -- one behind Phil Hansen -- and is one of just 15 active NFL players (including Giants holdout Michael Strahan) with that many. Since 2003, only Miami's Jason Taylor, with 48 sacks, has had more than Schobel's 45½.

Schobel said he approached the Bills in seeking a new deal.

"That was my argument the whole time: 'Look what I've done. I think I should be paid for what I've done.' And obviously, they stepped up and did it," Schobel said.

He said the size of the deal doesn't add any pressure on him.

"That's the one thing, I don't want be overpaid and I don't want to be underpaid. That's my motivation," Schobel said.

Poor Peters I know what he's thinking " they paid Schobel and I dominate that chump everyday in practice" but he doesn't understand, Schobel is an undersized blue collar high motor type player who deserved to get a new contract while Peters is one of those physically dominate players who gets by on his vast natural talent and is lucky to get anything.

BUFFALO, N.Y. — Defensive tackle Kyle Williams signed a three-year contract extension with the Buffalo Bills on Thursday potentially worth $14.4 million.

The two-year starter is now signed through 2012 and is guaranteed $5.2 million over the next two seasons.

"We're very flattered," Williams' agent Albert Elias told The Associated Press. "When you're two years into a contract, these types of extensions aren't normally made.... We're really excited about it." Elias said the Bills contacted him last week to restructure Williams' contract.

The Bills confirmed the new deal, but did not release the terms.

Williams received a roster bonus of $1.75 million and will make a base salary of $700,000 this season, a significant raise over the $445,000 he was scheduled to make under his previous contract. Williams is also due a $1.5 million bonus in March. Williams had two years left on his contract.

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. -- Offensive lineman Brad Butler signed a contract extension with the Buffalo Bills on Wednesday, following a season in which he took over the starting right guard spot.

Brad Butler

Butler

Terms of the extension were not immediately available, but Butler's new deal is expected to provide a significant raise over the $445,000 base salary he was scheduled to make this season. Buffalo's fifth-round pick in the 2006 draft out of Virginia had two years left on his contract and was scheduled to make a base salary of $530,000 in 2009.

I'm not saying Peters has an air tight case - but people who say he's like some type of mental deficient who has no case are just ignorant.

BUFFALO, N.Y. — Defensive tackle Kyle Williams signed a three-year contract extension with the Buffalo Bills on Thursday potentially worth $14.4 million.

The two-year starter is now signed through 2012 and is guaranteed $5.2 million over the next two seasons.

"We're very flattered," Williams' agent Albert Elias told The Associated Press. "When you're two years into a contract, these types of extensions aren't normally made.... We're really excited about it." Elias said the Bills contacted him last week to restructure Williams' contract.

The Bills confirmed the new deal, but did not release the terms.

Williams received a roster bonus of $1.75 million and will make a base salary of $700,000 this season, a significant raise over the $445,000 he was scheduled to make under his previous contract. Williams is also due a $1.5 million bonus in March. Williams had two years left on his contract.

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. -- Offensive lineman Brad Butler signed a contract extension with the Buffalo Bills on Wednesday, following a season in which he took over the starting right guard spot.

Brad Butler

Butler

Terms of the extension were not immediately available, but Butler's new deal is expected to provide a significant raise over the $445,000 base salary he was scheduled to make this season. Buffalo's fifth-round pick in the 2006 draft out of Virginia had two years left on his contract and was scheduled to make a base salary of $530,000 in 2009.

I'm not saying Peters has an air tight case - but people who say he's like some type of mental deficient who has no case are just ignorant.

Not sure what your point is - the Bills aready did the same thing with Peters, two years into his last contract...

"In 2005, Peters beat out former Texas star Mike Williams for starting right tackle on the Bills. Peters was rewarded for his play, signing a five-year, $15 million contract extension with the Bills in the offseason."

Not sure what your point is - the Bills aready did the same thing with Peters, two years into his last contract...

"In 2005, Peters beat out former Texas star Mike Williams for starting right tackle on the Bills. Peters was rewarded for his play, signing a five-year, $15 million contract extension with the Bills in the offseason."

My point is that the Bills have already set precedent of renegotiating when performance outstrips pay- the difference is Peters has out-performed two contracts - and sure he already is making big money but just like Ralph complains when he's only pulling in 26mil because other owners are making 4x that, it's all relative.

My point is that the Bills have already set precedent of renegotiating when performance outstrips pay- the difference is Peters has out-performed two contracts - and sure he already is making big money but just like Ralph complains when he's only pulling in 26mil because other owners are making 4x that, it's all relative.

All those players showed up to camp to practice and to be there with their teammates, unlike Peters.

I am wondering, with all of your quotes of past articles indicating the Bills reneogiating deals and your obessive justification as to why Peters deserves a new deal are you infact Parker or Peters? If you are - Get you A$$ to camp and we'll talk a new contract :lol:

All those players showed up to camp to practice and to be there with their teammates, unlike Peters.

ding, ding, ding, we have a winner

Add to that the other players didn't have the arrogant attitude that showed that they would have a problem continuing to play for their current contract numbers. Each one was (while probably privately hoping) publicly somewhat surprised that the Bills gave them extensions. Humility ... it goes a long way in dealing with your boss.

Comparing the deals Williams and Butler signed to the Peters situation isn't even close. Their two deals combined are probably not even half of what Peters is worth as a LT voted to the Pro Bowl.

Peters could have showed up at the start of camp and it would not have mattered. Despite nearly 21M in cap room, the Bills never said authoritatively he'd get a new deal. It's ridiculous to think that Buffalo renegotiating small deals is a precursor for a player who's in the top 5 at his position.

ding, ding, ding, we have a winner

Add to that the other players didn't have the arrogant attitude that showed that they would have a problem continuing to play for their current contract numbers. Each one was (while probably privately hoping) publicly somewhat surprised that the Bills gave them extensions. Humility ... it goes a long way in dealing with your boss.

The Bills made it clear there was gonna be no negotiations for 2008 in Feb- and I'm sure Butler has every reason to be Humble because he's not very good.

I see. So the Bills already ripped up one Peters contract and gave him a new one; now they should do it again 'cause he had a good year, even though he didn't finish the season, couldn't play in the Pro Bowl due to serious injury, and hasn't been seen since he had surgery to repair a groin-tear/sports hernia. Good point.

Tell me, do the Bills have to give him a better deal EVERY time he has a good season? Do the Bills get a rebate if he has a bad season?

Isn't it really JUST HIS FREAKIN' JOB (and responsibility to this team) to show up and play well every season? Isn't that why we sign players? :lol:

I see. So the Bills already ripped up one Peters contract and gave him a new one; now they should do it again 'cause he had a good year, even though he didn't finish the season, couldn't play in the Pro Bowl due to serious injury, and hasn't been seen since he had surgery to repair a groin-tear/sports hernia. Good point.

Tell me, do the Bills have to give him a better deal EVERY time he has a good season? Do the Bills get a rebate if he has a bad season?

Isn't it really JUST HIS FREAKIN' JOB (and responsibility to this team) to show up and play well every season? Isn't that why we sign players? :lol:

No we sign them so they can play well for one year then sit around and refuse to report until they get another new deal..... Senator, didn't you know that?> :lol:

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. -- Pro Bowl defensive end Aaron Schobel signed a contract extension with the Buffalo Bills on Friday that is potentially worth about $50.5 million over the seven-year deal.

The deal includes $20 million in guaranteed money and locks Schobel up through 2013, extending his current contract for four additional years. The new deal was reached after Schobel earned his first Pro Bowl selection last season, and now makes him the team's highest-paid player.

"Obviously, I had three years left on my deal so they didn't have to do anything ... so it's good: It's good for both of us," Schobel said after the Bills 28-17 preseason loss to Tennessee. "I like it here. This is my kind of style. I'm a small-town guy. I like the organization, I like the fans."

The 29-year-old Schobel has been a regular starter since his rookie season, after the Bills selected him in the second round of the 2001 draft out of Texas.

He's coming off a career year in which he finished third in the league with 14 sacks. That tied him with Bruce Smith for the fourth-highest single-season total by a Bills player and was the third time Schobel had reached double digits.

"We're trying to keep our good players, and one of the ways you do that is you go to them early and work out deals in order to keep your own," Bills vice president Jim Overdorf said. "Hopefully, Aaron finishes his career as a Buffalo Bill. That was one of his objectives in this, too."

Schobel had three years left on his previous contract, a five-year deal worth about $23 million that included a $6.75 million signing bonus. He was to make $8 million in base salary over the final three seasons, including $2.5 million this year.

With 60½ career sacks, Schobel is third in team history -- one behind Phil Hansen -- and is one of just 15 active NFL players (including Giants holdout Michael Strahan) with that many. Since 2003, only Miami's Jason Taylor, with 48 sacks, has had more than Schobel's 45½.

Schobel said he approached the Bills in seeking a new deal.

"That was my argument the whole time: 'Look what I've done. I think I should be paid for what I've done.' And obviously, they stepped up and did it," Schobel said.

He said the size of the deal doesn't add any pressure on him.

"That's the one thing, I don't want be overpaid and I don't want to be underpaid. That's my motivation," Schobel said.

Poor Peters I know what he's thinking " they paid Schobel and I dominate that chump everyday in practice" but he doesn't understand, Schobel is an undersized blue collar high motor type player who deserved to get a new contract while Peters is one of those physically dominate players who gets by on his vast natural talent and is lucky to get anything.

Schobel also appeared to be at camp :lol: . That has been the bills stance come to camp and we will talk until that happens this is all on peters

Yes, they've given some players a raise when warranted. I have yet to see the Bills in recent years do this for any player/agent who has said "we aren't gonna play unless you give us a new deal". Mighty big difference.

Maybe if Barack Obama gets elected he'll give Peters hope and free medical insurance.

Well you could be like Schobel and Kelsay get big money and then play like crap

I respectfully disagree.

Even if you are right in some sort of principle, Peters has a train load of talent, and there will always be a crazy market for people who can be dominant LTs in the NFL. It won't stop; it will only increase. Remember, he is still a kid, with room to improve.

I also offer that the OL will have played together as a unit, Trent will have more experience, as will Lynch. They seem to have a better OC and I think a better OL coach.

This team can be good BBB, but it needs Jason Peters to take it to the next level.

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If this holdout is going to change Peters value, then the Bills can just let him hit free agency or cut him and sign him back at a reduced contract. :lol: