Prisco's take on Peters

I respectfully disagree.

Even if you are right in some sort of principle, Peters has a train load of talent, and there will always be a crazy market for people who can be dominant LTs in the NFL. It won't stop; it will only increase. Remember, he is still a kid, with room to improve.

I also offer that the OL will have played together as a unit, Trent will have more experience, as will Lynch. They seem to have a better OC and I think a better OL coach.

This team can be good BBB, but it needs Jason Peters to take it to the next level.

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What principle?

Again, if Peters makes this season an exact replica of his play last season, the Bills will pay him over the offseason. They just want to see more than a year of Pro Bowl-calibre play before making him one of the highest-paid players in the league.

1) We don't know what kind of shape he's in. The injury probably effected his conditioning early in the offseason, so getting into camp could have helped him get back in game shape. 2) He also has to learn a new offense, and he's put himself way behind the learning curve. Eleven days from the opener, and he hasn't as much as opened a playbook or spoken to his offensive coordinator. 3) The usual process of working off rust and getting used to the speed of the game, which every player goes through in training camp and preseason, hasn't even started yet for Peters.

I'm not saying he can't have a great season. I'm just saying the odds of Peters duplicating last year (and therefore getting the contract he wants) have just gone down.

That means the statement, "Peters hasn't yet been hurt by this," which was what Mickey said, is completely false in my opinion. He's lowered the chances that he gets what he wants.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree that there's little downside for Parker. So what's the harm in sitting out at least a couple games, at least? And if Peters fires him, he'll say (to prospective clients) "Peters didn't stay the course." Again I hope I'm wrong, but if they've come this far...

I don't think there is much of an upside in it. I don't think they are going to be rewarded for turning your back on the team. Up until now, IMO, Parker may very well have been saying to Peters: "Look, everyone knows you deserve the money, and you deserve it now. The Bills are not willing to give it to us right now. But I think we should sit out the pre-season and see what happens. Maybe they will realize how much they need you, maybe the new GM will panic, he's young and has a bright future but he's still green, maybe the guys backing you up will show them how much of a dropoff there is between you and him, maybe, God forbid, there is an injury and they will be desperate for you, maybe the players like Trent will start to lobby for you knowing we're close to the playoffs and we can't get there without a solid LT.

There is a lot that can happen, Jason, and we just don't know if the Bills will buckle. But we must stay resolute. Ultimately, if they don't buckle, it will set a strong standard for next year. They will know we are serious and capable. We'll let them off the hook once and be a team player but not twice. You're not going to miss any games or any paychecks. Any fines they give us I will get you back, I promise. If they don't buckle, just stay in shape, get ready to play on a moments notice, and we'll come in a week before the real bullets fly, and work our butts off to get in the playoffs."

None of that happened. The Bills didn't buckle. The injuries didn't force the hand. The back-ups played pretty well. The young GM played it smart. They did set the precedent for doing it again next year. And now he will come in. It's possible he will wait a few weeks but I just don't think so.

I've said it before in a previosu thread. I don't understand why we don't know more. All of what everyone says here is speculation. There hasn't been any word from Parker or Peters. Everything is speculation. I understand that Buffalo is a small market with limited, if any, media attention, but why can't one reporter, journalist, etc. find out more about the situation. Even if it's just the whereabouts of Peters. I don't get it. Do some investigating! If this was a player on almost any other team, there would be more info IMO

parker has a very good reputation, and when Peters signs his huge deal down the road, Parker will not look bad, he will look like a genius. If Peters gets hurt and never gets the contract, or doesn't play well, Parker won't look bad, Peters will. I see little downside for the agent, unfortunately. Plus he has 45 or so clients signed and playing already.

Who is Peters going to sign his huge deal with? He is under contract to us for 3 more SEASONS. But it looks like he does not want to play for us any longer. Why do so many of you on this board feel that Peters is just going to all of a sudden show up at One Bills Drive? It is not going to happen. And at this point do we really want him? I honestly think the best move for the Bills is to let him sit the entire year if he wants to, and than try and trade him for some high draft picks before next years draft. I have got to believe that at this point Jauron and his staff are preparing to move forward this season without him. And that is fine with me.

Who is Peters going to sign his huge deal with? He is under contract to us for 3 more SEASONS. But it looks like he does not want to play for us any longer. Why do so many of you on this board feel that Peters is just going to all of a sudden show up at One Bills Drive? It is not going to happen. And at this point do we really want him? I honestly think the best move for the Bills is to let him sit the entire year if he wants to, and than try and trade him for some high draft picks before next years draft. I have got to believe that at this point Jauron and his staff are preparing to move forward this season without him. And that is fine with me.

Last I looked he hasn't missed a game yet this year. Why do you want to get rid of our best player when he hasn't missed a game yet? All will be forgotten when he comes in and starts pancaking people and literally and figuratively protecting Trent's backside. You will love him too. Why is it so hard to understand the guy just wants to be paid what he thinks he is worth and a lot of people around the league think he is worth, and that when he realizes he is going to have to wait for it awhile, he will come in and work for it. It's a pretty simple concept.

I don't think there is much of an upside in it. I don't think they are going to be rewarded for turning your back on the team. Up until now, IMO, Parker may very well have been saying to Peters: "Look, everyone knows you deserve the money, and you deserve it now. The Bills are not willing to give it to us right now. But I think we should sit out the pre-season and see what happens. Maybe they will realize how much they need you, maybe the new GM will panic, he's young and has a bright future but he's still green, maybe the guys backing you up will show them how much of a dropoff there is between you and him, maybe, God forbid, there is an injury and they will be desperate for you, maybe the players like Trent will start to lobby for you knowing we're close to the playoffs and we can't get there without a solid LT.

There is a lot that can happen, Jason, and we just don't know if the Bills will buckle. But we must stay resolute. Ultimately, if they don't buckle, it will set a strong standard for next year. They will know we are serious and capable. We'll let them off the hook once and be a team player but not twice. You're not going to miss any games or any paychecks. Any fines they give us I will get you back, I promise. If they don't buckle, just stay in shape, get ready to play on a moments notice, and we'll come in a week before the real bullets fly, and work our butts off to get in the playoffs."

None of that happened. The Bills didn't buckle. The injuries didn't force the hand. The back-ups played pretty well. The young GM played it smart. The did set the precedent for doing it again next year. And now he will come in. It's possible he will wait a few weeks but I just don't think so.

That seems to me to be one of the most level-headed and logical arguments about this situation that I've seen so far.

The problem is that Parker has a reputation to uphold. I can easily holding Peters out just to not make himself look like a chump to prospective clients.

Parker is an IDIOT. Peters is acting like a 13 year old who doesn't get their way so his answer is the silent treatment. He needs to fire the idiot and report to the team. What kind of advice is this guy giving him. He is only hurting himself and his reputation.

I know the Bills want to stand their ground but this is the NFL and you do not have many chances to succeed. Why not send someone to visit peters and talk with him one to one. This doesn't mean we are giving in but it is showing that the team cares about the upcoming season. If the guy is potentially not happy with his contract or just does not like the city or the cold then we need to trade him ASAP. We can use the roster spot for someone else who is more hungry to play.

Last I looked he hasn't missed a game yet this year. Why do you want to get rid of our best player when he hasn't missed a game yet? All will be forgotten when he comes in and starts pancaking people and literally and figuratively protecting Trent's backside. You will love him too. Why is it so hard to understand the guy just wants to be paid what he thinks he is worth and a lot of people around the league think he is worth, and that when he realizes he is going to have to wait for it awhile, he will come in and work for it. It's a pretty simple concept.

Exactly. While I am disappointed that he is not in uniform and am concerned it will hurt our team especially early in the season, the reality is almost in the Allen Iverson "practice" stuff, we are talking about the pre-season, and as long as he is in uniform and ready to go in week 1 all will be forgiven.

I've said it before in a previosu thread. I don't understand why we don't know more. All of what everyone says here is speculation. There hasn't been any word from Parker or Peters. Everything is speculation. I understand that Buffalo is a small market with limited, if any, media attention, but why can't one reporter, journalist, etc. find out more about the situation. Even if it's just the whereabouts of Peters. I don't get it. Do some investigating! If this was a player on almost any other team, there would be more info IMO

Peters could be in the Betty Ford clinic for all we know.

He could be injured

He could have a chemical imbalance or depression

or he could be just holding out we will find out after Thursday' game within a few days.

He is an asset to this team if he is healthy worthless if he is ill or addicted

He is trade bait if healthy. I have no interest in Peters as a player any longer.

He could be injured

or he could be just holding out we will find out after Thursday' game within a few days.

He is trade bait if healthy. I have no interest in Peters as a player any longer.

That's just crazy talk

Parker: Look, Jason, everyone knows you deserve the money, and you deserve it now. The Bills are not willing to give it to us right now. But I think we should sit out the pre-season and see what happens.

Peters: Cool, ah hates camp inyways.

Parker: Maybe they will realize how much they need you, maybe the new GM will panic, he's young and has a bright future but he's still green...

Peters: Yeah, lil green white boy.

Parker: Maybe the guys backing you up will show them how much of a dropoff there is between you and Walker, maybe, God forbid, there is an injury and they will be desperate for you, maybe the players like Trent will start to lobby for you knowing they're close to the playoffs and can't get there without a solid LT.

Peters: Hey man, didja bring them jelly doughnuts wit ya?

Parker: There is a lot that can happen, Jason, and we just don't know if the Bills will buckle. But we must stay resolute.

Peters: Whut dat mean?

Parker: Ultimately, if they don't buckle, it will set a strong standard for next year. They will know we are serious and capable.

Peters: Yeah, cable.

Parker: We'll let them off the hook once and be a team player but not twice. You're not going to miss any games or any paychecks. Any fines they give us I will get you back, I promise. If they don't buckle, just stay in shape, get ready to play on a moment's notice, and we'll come in a week before the real bullets fly, and work our butts off to get in the playoffs.

Peters: How much more I make if we git inta the playoffs?

LOL, Kelly, I think you transformed yourself into a fly and hung out on the wall in Peter's living room as he and Parker talked stategy. Nice job, forgive the slight editing on my part.

None of that happened. The Bills didn't buckle. The injuries didn't force the hand. The back-ups played pretty well. The young GM played it smart. They did set the precedent for doing it again next year. And now he will come in. It's possible he will wait a few weeks but I just don't think so.

Yup.

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. -- Pro Bowl defensive end Aaron Schobel signed a contract extension with the Buffalo Bills on Friday that is potentially worth about $50.5 million over the seven-year deal.

The deal includes $20 million in guaranteed money and locks Schobel up through 2013, extending his current contract for four additional years. The new deal was reached after Schobel earned his first Pro Bowl selection last season, and now makes him the team's highest-paid player.

"Obviously, I had three years left on my deal so they didn't have to do anything ... so it's good: It's good for both of us," Schobel said after the Bills 28-17 preseason loss to Tennessee. "I like it here. This is my kind of style. I'm a small-town guy. I like the organization, I like the fans."

The 29-year-old Schobel has been a regular starter since his rookie season, after the Bills selected him in the second round of the 2001 draft out of Texas.

He's coming off a career year in which he finished third in the league with 14 sacks. That tied him with Bruce Smith for the fourth-highest single-season total by a Bills player and was the third time Schobel had reached double digits.

"We're trying to keep our good players, and one of the ways you do that is you go to them early and work out deals in order to keep your own," Bills vice president Jim Overdorf said. "Hopefully, Aaron finishes his career as a Buffalo Bill. That was one of his objectives in this, too."

Schobel had three years left on his previous contract, a five-year deal worth about $23 million that included a $6.75 million signing bonus. He was to make $8 million in base salary over the final three seasons, including $2.5 million this year.

With 60½ career sacks, Schobel is third in team history -- one behind Phil Hansen -- and is one of just 15 active NFL players (including Giants holdout Michael Strahan) with that many. Since 2003, only Miami's Jason Taylor, with 48 sacks, has had more than Schobel's 45½.

Schobel said he approached the Bills in seeking a new deal.

"That was my argument the whole time: 'Look what I've done. I think I should be paid for what I've done.' And obviously, they stepped up and did it," Schobel said.

He said the size of the deal doesn't add any pressure on him.

"That's the one thing, I don't want be overpaid and I don't want to be underpaid. That's my motivation," Schobel said.

Poor Peters I know what he's thinking " they paid Schobel and I dominate that chump everyday in practice" but he doesn't understand, Schobel is an undersized blue collar high motor type player who deserved to get a new contract while Peters is one of those physically dominate players who gets by on his vast natural talent and is lucky to get anything.

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. -- Pro Bowl defensive end Aaron Schobel signed a contract extension with the Buffalo Bills on Friday that is potentially worth about $50.5 million over the seven-year deal.

Sounds to me as though Schobel went about it the right way.

Poor Peters I know what he's thinking " they paid Schobel and I dominate that chump everyday in practice" but he doesn't understand, Schobel is an undersized blue collar high motor type player who deserved to get a new contract while Peters is one of those physically dominate players who gets by on his vast natural talent and is lucky to get anything.

Or maybe because Schobel had I think 6 seasons under his belt at the time and was consistently productive in all of them. Peters has less than 1 as a LT. Had he played this year without any of this hold out, I have no doubt he would have been handsomely rewarded next offseason. The Bills simply wanted to make sure they didn't have a 1 year wonder, and also make sure Peters was completely recovered from his injury. Two perfectly valid things.

Or maybe because Schobel had I think 6 seasons under his belt at the time and was consistently productive in all of them. Peters has less than 1 as a LT. Had he played this year without any of this hold out, I have no doubt he would have been handsomely rewarded next offseason. The Bills simply wanted to make sure they didn't have a 1 year wonder, and also make sure Peters was completely recovered from his injury. Two perfectly valid things.

less than 2 seasons

He could be injured

a roster full of yes men...thats all you need as a bills fan?

you got to be shittin me :lol:

"Or maybe because Schobel had I think 6 seasons under his belt at the time and was consistently productive in all of them."

Peters has 4 seasons under his belt and has out performed expectations all four seasons

year 1 Peters dominates on special teams including a blocking a punt and returning it for a touch down.

year 2 Peters takes over from Mike Williams at RT gets rave reviews from opponents and coaches

year 3 Peters takes over from Mike Gaundy at LT again Rave reviews

year 4 Peters nominated for Pro-Bowl at LT, the only Bill nominated

his arrow has gone nowhere but up not like Schobel who tanked after he got paid