Prisco's take on Peters

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have we actually seen any quotes at all come out of the Parker/Peters camp? They haven't returned calls to the front office or media -- and the only evidence that we have that Peters is even alive is that he has sent Dockery a few text messages.

I just find the complete and utter silence very strange. And it isn't Parker's MO either, as Jackson, Hester and Harvey all made it loud and clear what their financial expectations were (prior to getting their raises).

Something just smells funny here.

I can't even speculate, but could it be that the dude isn't really after a contract extension at all -- and just simply no longer wants to play football?

Bill Fans crack me up

They hate McGahee who suggested the Bills play in Toronto

But love Wilson who actually moved Bills games to Toronto

They thought London Fletcher was an overrated bum even though he averaged 140+, tackles, 3 sacks, 1 forced fumble, 1 interception, and no games missed a season, for the five seasons he played for the Bills

Paul Posluszny on the other hand is the third most popular sports figure in Buffalo after Kelly and Miller- even though he has yet to get a sack, force a fumble, make an interception, did he make a knock the snot out of you hit when I wasn’t looking? Run down a RB for a loss when I was getting a beer? in fact I don’t remember any type of big play from the guy before he was hurt- and oh yeah he gets glossed as a tough son of a gun for wanting to play with his broken forearm but Shawne Merriman gets glossed as stupid for wanting to play on a bad knee.

I think there are two classes of Buffalo Bills players- one class gets paid a little over market value and has to really prove that they are not good enough to get cut. With the other class the Bills balk at paying market value and will cut them at the first sign of age or injury.

class1

Howard Ballard, Ted Washington, Ruben Brown, Antoine Winfield, Pat Williams, Nate Clements, London Fletcher, Takeo Spikes, Jason Peters

class2

John Fina, Trey Teague, Chris Villarrial, Tim Anderson, Drew Bledsoe, Chris Kelsay, Aaron Schobel, Kyle Williams, Brad Butler.

Now I think it’s pretty obvious what distinguishes those two groups but in case you can’t tell the difference, one is Northern Yankees and the other is Southern Rebels and the 180 year old Wilson has been holding a grudge ever since his Civil War days. A joke loosen up.

Now onto Peters -lets look at some precedents

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. -- Pro Bowl defensive end Aaron Schobel signed a contract extension with the Buffalo Bills on Friday that is potentially worth about $50.5 million over the seven-year deal.

The deal includes $20 million in guaranteed money and locks Schobel up through 2013, extending his current contract for four additional years. The new deal was reached after Schobel earned his first Pro Bowl selection last season, and now makes him the team's highest-paid player.

"Obviously, I had three years left on my deal so they didn't have to do anything ... so it's good: It's good for both of us," Schobel said after the Bills 28-17 preseason loss to Tennessee. "I like it here. This is my kind of style. I'm a small-town guy. I like the organization, I like the fans."

BUFFALO, N.Y. — Defensive tackle Kyle Williams signed a three-year contract extension with the Buffalo Bills on Thursday potentially worth $14.4 million.

The two-year starter is now signed through 2012 and is guaranteed $5.2 million over the next two seasons.

"We're very flattered," Williams' agent Albert Elias told The Associated Press. "When you're two years into a contract, these types of extensions aren't normally made.... We're really excited about it." Elias said the Bills contacted him last week to restructure Williams' contract.

The Bills confirmed the new deal, but did not release the terms.

Williams received a roster bonus of $1.75 million and will make a base salary of $700,000 this season, a significant raise over the $445,000 he was scheduled to make under his previous contract. Williams is also due a $1.5 million bonus in March. Williams had two years left on his contract.

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. -- Offensive lineman Brad Butler signed a contract extension with the Buffalo Bills on Wednesday, following a season in which he took over the starting right guard spot.

Terms of the extension were not immediately available, but Butler's new deal is expected to provide a significant raise over the $445,000 base salary he was scheduled to make this season. Buffalo's fifth-round pick in the 2006 draft out of Virginia had two years left on his contract and was scheduled to make a base salary of $530,000 in 2009.

The bills were contacted in Feb about a renegotiation the Bills did not respond with a come to camp and we will talk about it - the response was no renegotiation for 2008.

Now do you think it’s possible that Peters and Parker might just think (rightly or wrongly) that they are not being treated quite the same as other players- and maybe why this negotiation seems a little less business-like than normal.

At this point, it doesn't matter. He's the last holdout in the entire NFL. !@#$ him. When he does get into camp, he won't be ready for weeks. He has singlehandedly decided that he's bigger than the team and it WILL HURT the team to not have him. Thanks Jason. You've earned the BOO when the offense gets introduced.

All those players showed up to camp to practice and to be there with their teammates, unlike Peters.

I don't agree with much that Mickey has to say, but he brought a very good point that changes the entire Schoebel and Peters comparison...

The Bills FO approached Schoebel and his agent early in the year, like January or February, about redoing his deal. They negotiated before (and through) the OTAs and Training Camp, and Aaron knew he was getting a new contract, just not exactly how much, details, etc. Whereas the Bills haven't approached JP in the same way, haven't negotiated in the off season, and basically told Peter Parker to pound sand. :lol:

So while both had 3 years to go, both made the pro bowl, and both were underpaid, they treated Schoebel very differently.

Don't misunderstand me. I totally disagree with the holdout and silent treatment, and strongly believe he is hurting himself, his team, and his career, and he should get his a$$ to OBD!

Well you could be like Schobel and Kelsay get big money and then play like crap

Why is it that the Bills seem to line up to give money to average players;

Kelsay 5 mil, Josh Reed 2.9 mil, Roscoe Parrish 4.25 mil, Denney 3.1 mil, Fowler 3 mil

Jason Jefferson made almost a million last year.

And drag their feet with good players like Evans, Peters & Crowell.

Why is it that the Bills seem to line up to give money to average players;

Kelsay 5 mil, Josh Reed 2.9 mil, Roscoe Parrish 4.25 mil, Denney 3.1 mil, Fowler 3 mil

Jason Jefferson made almost a million last year.

And drag their feet with good players like Evans, Peters & Crowell.

Hmm...they gave Peters big money two years ago, gave Evans a 1st-round contract and are openly negotiating an extension, and what the hell has Crowell done to deserve an extension now?

Bill Fans crack me up

They thought London Fletcher was an overrated bum even though he averaged 140+, tackles, 3 sacks, 1 forced fumble, 1 interception, and no games missed a season, for the five seasons he played for the Bills

Paul Posluszny on the other hand is the third most popular sports figure in Buffalo after Kelly and Miller- even though he has yet to get a sack, force a fumble, make an interception, did he make a knock the snot out of you hit when I wasn’t looking? Run down a RB for a loss when I was getting a beer? in fact I don’t remember any type of big play from the guy before he was hurt- and oh yeah he gets glossed as a tough son of a gun for wanting to play with his broken forearm but Shawne Merriman gets glossed as stupid for wanting to play on a bad knee.

I think there are two classes of Buffalo Bills players- one class gets paid a little over market value and has to really prove that they are not good enough to get cut. With the other class the Bills balk at paying market value and will cut them at the first sign of age or injury.

class1

Howard Ballard, Ted Washington, Ruben Brown, Antoine Winfield, Pat Williams, Nate Clements, London Fletcher, Takeo Spikes, Jason Peters

class2

John Fina, Trey Teague, Chris Villarrial, Tim Anderson, Drew Bledsoe, Chris Kelsay, Aaron Schobel, Kyle Williams, Brad Butler.

Now I think it’s pretty obvious what distinguishes those two groups but in case you can’t tell the difference, one is Northern Yankees and the other is Southern Rebels and the 180 year old Wilson has been holding a grudge ever since his Civil War days. A joke loosen up.

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. -- Pro Bowl defensive end Aaron Schobel signed a contract extension with the Buffalo Bills on Friday that is potentially worth about $50.5 million over the seven-year deal.

The deal includes $20 million in guaranteed money and locks Schobel up through 2013, extending his current contract for four additional years. The new deal was reached after Schobel earned his first Pro Bowl selection last season, and now makes him the team's highest-paid player.

"Obviously, I had three years left on my deal so they didn't have to do anything ... so it's good: It's good for both of us," Schobel said after the Bills 28-17 preseason loss to Tennessee. "I like it here. This is my kind of style. I'm a small-town guy. I like the organization, I like the fans."

BUFFALO, N.Y. — Defensive tackle Kyle Williams signed a three-year contract extension with the Buffalo Bills on Thursday potentially worth $14.4 million.

The two-year starter is now signed through 2012 and is guaranteed $5.2 million over the next two seasons.

"We're very flattered," Williams' agent Albert Elias told The Associated Press. "When you're two years into a contract, these types of extensions aren't normally made.... We're really excited about it." Elias said the Bills contacted him last week to restructure Williams' contract.

Williams received a roster bonus of $1.75 million and will make a base salary of $700,000 this season, a significant raise over the $445,000 he was scheduled to make under his previous contract. Williams is also due a $1.5 million bonus in March. Williams had two years left on his contract.

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. -- Offensive lineman Brad Butler signed a contract extension with the Buffalo Bills on Wednesday, following a season in which he took over the starting right guard spot.

Terms of the extension were not immediately available, but Butler's new deal is expected to provide a significant raise over the $445,000 base salary he was scheduled to make this season. Buffalo's fifth-round pick in the 2006 draft out of Virginia had two years left on his contract and was scheduled to make a base salary of $530,000 in 2009.

The bills were contacted in Feb about a renegotiation the Bills did not respond with a come to camp and we will talk about it - the response was no renegotiation for 2008.

Now do you think it’s possible that Peters and Parker might just think (rightly or wrongly) that they are not being treated quite the same as other players- and maybe why this negotiation seems a little less business-like than normal.

stop posting the same thing again and again, people can go back and read it if they want. The one major question, why hasn't either Parker or Peters contacted anyone within Bills management since January? how is that the fault of anyone but the two idiots running this whole situation?> ( Peters and Parker of course)

Lets see, Peters has missed everything related to the off-season, and will be totally unprepared to play within the new offensive schemes. I want to see the pro-Peters posters reactions when JP misses a blocking assignment and some DE comes in untouched and ends TE's season. And anyone has to admit that is a definite possibility of happening.

Yeah, this board will be really fun to read after that.

Bill Fans crack me up

class1

class2

WTF are you talking about???? - The Bills aready did the same thing with Peters, two years into his last contract...

"In 2005, Peters beat out former Texas star Mike Williams for starting right tackle on the Bills. Peters was rewarded for his play, signing a five-year, $15 million contract extension with the Bills in the offseason."

So the Bills already ripped up one Peters contract and gave him a new one; now they should do it again 'cause he had a good year, even though he didn't finish the season, couldn't play in the Pro Bowl due to serious injury, and hasn't been seen since he had surgery to repair a groin-tear/sports hernia. Good point.

Tell me, do the Bills have to give him a better deal EVERY time he has a good season? Do the Bills get a rebate if he has a bad season?

Isn't it really JUST HIS FREAKIN' JOB (and responsibility to this team) to show up and play well every season? Isn't that why we sign players? :rolleyes:

Hmm...they gave Peters big money two years ago, gave Evans a 1st-round contract and are openly negotiating an extension, and what the hell has Crowell done to deserve an extension now?

Crowell is in the last year of his contract. He's at least as good as Kelsey.

Evans' extention is taking longer than Schobel's did last year.

I just look at where they spend money and wonder, what is the plan.

Should Parrish really have the 7th highest cap number on this team? Should Kelsey have the 5th highest cap number? I don't even know how much $ they threw at Butler and Kyle Williams.

Bill Fans crack me up

you are 100% backwards here. McGahee suggested the Bills move to Toronto. Ralph set it up so we play games in Totonto.

Aslo all those players who got extensions actually showed up. Not one of them held out or stopped communicating...

stop posting the same thing again and again, people can go back and read it if they want. The one major question, why hasn't either Parker or Peters contacted anyone within Bills management since January? how is that the fault of anyone but the two idiots running this whole situation?> ( Peters and Parker of course)

What's P & P's message to the Bills? 'We want to more money.' Bills FO: 'How much?'

P & P: 'A lot'

That appears to be the extent of the communications, if that much. Negotiate by mind reading...seems to be the P & P tactic.

Bill Fans crack me up

class1

class2

Law of nature which can applied to fans:

For every expert opinion there is an equal and opposite exper opinion.

What's P & P's message to the Bills? 'We want to more money.' Bills FO: 'How much?'

P & P: 'A lot'

That appears to be the extent of the communications, if that much. Negotiate by mind reading...seems to be the P & P tactic.

" what do you mean you don't know how much we want? what kind of mind readers are you guys paying for in that cracker jack organization you call the Bills? -- you should know exactly how much we want.... better hurry tho, times a wastin "

\sarcasm off :rolleyes:

I don't think there is any comparison between contracts of other Bills players and this one. IMO, it's foolish to bring up Butler and Kyle Williams in any discussion because of the size of the contracts. The reason the negotiations are difficult is because we're talking 10 million a year. Making Peters one of the highest paid players in the game. It's an entirely different proposition than re-signing Jason Peters. This will be the biggest contract in Bills history. It's easy re-signing marginal players. It's extremely difficult, especially if you're Ralph, to sign a guy to a contract for 10 mil a year when you don't have to.

It's not anything about the concept of re-signing guys before their contracts are up. It's not anything about communication or lack thereof. It's not even about loyalty or being in camp versus not being in camp. This entire thing is about one thing: MASSIVE MONEY. They want it now, we don't want to give it to them now. That's it. Period.

I don't think there is any comparison between contracts of other Bills players and this one. IMO, it's foolish to bring up Butler and Kyle Williams in any discussion because of the size of the contracts. The reason the negotiations are difficult is because we're talking 10 million a year. Making Peters one of the highest paid players in the game. It's an entirely different proposition than re-signing Jason Peters. This will be the biggest contract in Bills history. It's easy re-signing marginal players. It's extremely difficult, especially if you're Ralph, to sign a guy to a contract for 10 mil a year when you don't have to.

It's not anything about the concept of re-signing guys before their contracts are up. It's not anything about communication or lack thereof. It's not even about loyalty or being in camp versus not being in camp. This entire thing is about one thing: MASSIVE MONEY. They want it now, we don't want to give it to them now. That's it. Period.

good post, but again i go back to my earlier question, how do you know how much they want if they won't talk to you?

i know it's rhetorical but still, that's my big sticking point

Aslo all those players who got extensions actually showed up. Not one of them held out or stopped communicating...

Evans does not have a deal yet.

There have not even been rumors about a new deal for Crowell.

While I'm sure Kelsey is one of the 1st guys into work every day, but I do not think he should be the 5th highest paid player on the team.

At this point, Peters probably will not start on September 7.

If Peters reports and then gets his deal I will ask, why couldn't that have been done in June?

It's not like the Bills have been trying to comunicate. If you believe the reports, both sides stopped communicating.

I don't agree with much that Mickey has to say, but he brought a very good point that changes the entire Schoebel and Peters comparison...

The Bills FO approached Schoebel and his agent early in the year, like January or February, about redoing his deal. They negotiated before (and through) the OTAs and Training Camp, and Aaron knew he was getting a new contract, just not exactly how much, details, etc. Whereas the Bills haven't approached JP in the same way, haven't negotiated in the off season, and basically told Peter Parker to pound sand. :rolleyes:

So while both had 3 years to go, both made the pro bowl, and both were underpaid, they treated Schoebel very differently.

Don't misunderstand me. I totally disagree with the holdout and silent treatment, and strongly believe he is hurting himself, his team, and his career, and he should get his a$$ to OBD!

Actually that is not how I remember it. The Bills dealt with Schobel in the same fashion by refusing to renegotiate. Schobel then held a silent protest by skipping voluntary OTAs, but showed up for mandatory workouts. His deal was worked out shortly thereafter. In fact, Peters and Parker should have used this blueprint to get what they want -- if, in fact, they really do want an extension. But, as I said earlier, has Peters ever come right out and said that he was not showing up until the two sides started working on an extension?