A Few One Sentence Observations

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it is good news. The players play hard for him. Anybody who can wring a 7-9 season out of what we went through last season is ok by me.

I agree entirely even if Jauron has the personality of a tree stump.

(JoeSixPack @ Aug 25 2008, 11:00 AM) *

Can anyone say: "TERRIBLE play call by our inept OC resulting in an Edwards INT in the End Zone"?

Good, I knew you could.

fixed

re-fixed.

Nobody forced Edwards to make that throw.

Kind of like the Baltimore game where Edward's threw a pick. After the game, Edwards admitted the coaches told him NOT to throw that particular pass, but he did anyways.

Before you know if he is the right guy or not? I don't think that has been established yet. Jauron is a very loyal guy and seems to love it in Buffalo. If we have a good season this year, I would be shocked if he took his services elsewhere, trying to get the most money (although he is surely underpaid by NFL coaching standards). But certain coaches at all levels are good at building teams or getting under-talented teams to over-perform. But that doesn't at all mean that coach can take a talented team and win a championship. Those are completely different things. He has yet to show that he is a good game day coach. That stat provided yesterday that they didn't score a single TD in 32 tries in the last two minutes is horrifying. I just think it would be dumb to give him a few year extension right now.

I don't disagree, but I also think the guy deserves at least another year (or perhaps two, depending on the success of the team). Such an extension isn't likely to break the bank and would be a sign of good faith on the part of the Bills.

What if we go 5-11 this year? Then I would have to say that Jauron is clearly not the head coach for this team.

Depends on the situation. :angry: If the team was injury ravaged again this year (say both QBs even get injured), it would be possible to have that type of year without it completely being Jauron's fault.

Before you know if he is the right guy or not? I don't think that has been established yet. Jauron is a very loyal guy and seems to love it in Buffalo. If we have a good season this year, I would be shocked if he took his services elsewhere, trying to get the most money (although he is surely underpaid by NFL coaching standards). But certain coaches at all levels are good at building teams or getting under-talented teams to over-perform. But that doesn't at all mean that coach can take a talented team and win a championship. Those are completely different things. He has yet to show that he is a good game day coach. That stat provided yesterday that they didn't score a single TD in 32 tries in the last two minutes is horrifying. I just think it would be dumb to give him a few year extension right now. What if we go 5-11 this year? Then I would have to say that Jauron is clearly not the head coach for this team.

Remember the number of times the Bills ran the ball or took a knee before the half when there was plenty of time left to try & mount a drive. This was either due to not wanting to put pressure on Edwards and/or lack of confidence in the overall offense.

fixed

re-fixed.

Nobody forced Edwards to make that throw.

Kind of like the Baltimore game where Edward's threw a pick. After the game, Edwards admitted the coaches told him NOT to throw that particular pass, but he did anyways.

that was the play that was called. he was trying to execute, let alone win the game. shame on the OC for putting it to chance with a rookie QB. you cant expect a rookie QB to make that decision. there needs to be a time when the guy calling the plays puts his players in the best position possible, not the worst.

that was the play that was called. he was trying to execute, let alone win the game. shame on the OC for putting it to chance with a rookie QB. you cant expect a rookie QB to make that decision. there needs to be a time when the guy calling the plays puts his players in the best position possible, not the worst.

They should both take blame. Fairchild shouldn't have called the play, and Edwards should understand that taking care of the ball is priority numero uno in that situation. Bad play all around.

They should both take blame. Fairchild shouldn't have called the play, and Edwards should understand that taking care of the ball is priority numero uno in that situation. Bad play all around.

damn these compromises, and the truth always being between both extremes!

:angry:

I think it is good news. The players play hard for him. Anybody who can wring a 7-9 season out of what we went through last season is ok by me.

I agree...its about time that we have stability around here in the coaching department...at some point you have to have enough talent on the field to win games, and this may be the first year we can legitimately get on Jauron if he doesn't make the playoffs...

You have to wonder if having the ability to audible would have changed this.