A Few One Sentence Observations

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

horrible pass by trent edwards that gets intercepted when we could have iced the game, failing to recover the onside kick, failure to slow down jason witten the whole game... it was a bunch of things.

Would you rather have another rebuilding period? The Bills are showing progress, let's not reverse that.

The Bills are showing progress personnel-wise. We have no idea if the coaching staff can turn that into more wins, a playoff birth and a win or two in the playoffs. We'll begin to know later in this upcoming season.

A new coach doesn't mean rebuilding. A change in direction yes, but not necessarily rebuilding. Dallas last year was not in a rebuilding mode with their new coach.

The Bills are showing progress personnel-wise. We have no idea if the coaching staff can turn that into more wins, a playoff birth and a win or two in the playoffs. We'll begin to know later in this upcoming season.

A new coach doesn't mean rebuilding. A change in direction yes, but not necessarily rebuilding. Dallas last year was not in a rebuilding mode with their new coach.

a new coach is a new offense and a new defense. young players learning new schemes. and the possibility that the players we have spent the last 3 years acquiring for specific schemes, do not fit into the new schemes.

new coaching staff = rebuilding

dallas/wade phillips is merely a temporary plug-in until they are ready to promote a new coach from within. the only way we could do the same thing is by hiring Bobby April as the Head Coach. as much as i like April, do you really think he would be the difference?

the concept of how important continuity can be, is completely lost on this board most of the time.

Continuity is good if there are results that support a continued direction. Jauron has yet to produce those results with back to back 7-9's. 7-8 wins this year would simply support that this head coach and his approach to the game doesn't produce playoff caliber results. Continuity at that point would not be desired by most IMO. 9 wins this season to me is the absolute minimum acceptable result to support continuity. Otherwise it's time for a change.

Continuity is good if there are results that support a continued direction. Jauron has yet to produce those results with back to back 7-9's. 7-8 wins this year would simply support that this head coach and his approach to the game doesn't produce playoff caliber results. Continuity at that point would not be desired by most IMO. 9 wins this season to me is the absolute minimum acceptable result to support continuity. Otherwise it's time for a change.

there are many MANY fans and experts who say that squeezing a 7-9 (and competitive) performance from such a young team riddled with injuries, IS putting up some results...

i agree that 9 wins is a must this season. but im not willing to throw it all away if we go 8-8, unless we jsut look pitiful in a lot of games....

a new coach is a new offense and a new defense. young players learning new schemes. and the possibility that the players we have spent the last 3 years acquiring for specific schemes, do not fit into the new schemes.

new coaching staff = rebuilding

dallas/wade phillips is merely a temporary plug-in until they are ready to promote a new coach from within. the only way we could do the same thing is by hiring Bobby April as the Head Coach. as much as i like April, do you really think he would be the difference?

Well then by your definition the Cowboys are in a rebuilding mode and will be once again when Wade is replaced by another guy. That would mean that over a period of 6 years or so the cowboys have decided to "rebuild" 3 times. If that's what it takes to get 12 wins a year or so, I'm all for it.

I think it would be a terrible decision to extend Jauron right now simply because it isn't necessary. The Bills have a lot of weapons and the most talent they have had in some time. But Jauron has never coached a team with this much young talent on it. We don't know either way if he is the guy yet. He has shown an ability to over-coach a lousy a team. But he hasn't shown any ability to take it to the next level. Why would we extend him right now, we could tank. I don't think we will but there isn't a lot of good reasons to do it now.

Well then by your definition the Cowboys are in a rebuilding mode and will be once again when Wade is replaced by another guy. That would mean that over a period of 6 years or so the cowboys have decided to "rebuild" 3 times. If that's what it takes to get 12 wins a year or so, I'm all for it.

no, i made a specific statement about Dallas. you can find that ONE example that isnt the case.

Phillips is more of a figurehead for his coordinators and everyone knows it. He was brought in so they DIDNT have to rebuild. its the exact opposite application than what you are saying it is.

Watching the Bills D get 4 INT's and a fumble recovery last night, it's even harder to fathom how they picked off Romo 5 times last year, recovered a fumble, and STILL lost...

Can anyone say: "TERRIBLE Edwards INT in the End Zone"?

Good, I knew you could.

I thought we had terrible run blocking almost the entire game, which was the problem last year. There were 2-3 nice holes on spread formations and 4 WR but that was about it. The pass blocking, for the most part, was pretty darn good.

There wasn't much running room out there. Marshawn looks like a guy who only needs a little crease to pickup nice yardage. He's quick enough and powerful enough to exploit a small hole, but he's needs more to work with than they are giving him.

I think it would be a terrible decision to extend Jauron right now simply because it isn't necessary. The Bills have a lot of weapons and the most talent they have had in some time. But Jauron has never coached a team with this much young talent on it. We don't know either way if he is the guy yet. He has shown an ability to over-coach a lousy a team. But he hasn't shown any ability to take it to the next level. Why would we extend him right now, we could tank. I don't think we will but there isn't a lot of good reasons to do it now.

i agree with this too. it is too early to extend him right now. for all we know, we could go 5-11 this season. but it isnt too early to at least start talks and get an offer on the table.

i am in NO WAY saying we should lock him up now. just that, there is no reason to plan on letting him walk at the end of this season.

Yes, they've cloned a man so awesome and beastly his name cannot be pronouced by humans. He is comprised of 10% JPs arm, 10% Trent's brain and 80% Hamdan's Chroise. He, like Chuck Norris, is certainly a man to be feared...

I suggest we move 7% from Hamdan's chroise and add 7% of JP's beard.