A Few One Sentence Observations

1) I was more impressed with Chambers than any other Bills player last night.

2) Poz is a monster and he is going to hurt somebody.

3) JP played very well last night, but the sky ball to the fullback tells us that old habits die hard.

4) I think that for some reason, Trent has better chemistry with Reed than does JP.

5) Interestingly enough, Walker was given more help in terms of the TE than Chambers, or so it seemed to me.

6) I have a feeling that Kelsay is going to be quite productive this year.

7) Faulk said over and over that the players and coaches support Trent as the starter, but I think that the deal will be etched in stone when he can utilize Evans a bit more.

8) To all of the "Brandon Fans" I pose a question: Do you think that with Jason Peters, the Bills are a playoff possibility?

9) OK, I admit it; Duke Preston didn't suck last night.

10) If Trent can play as well as he interviews, he will be a superstar. :wallbash:

11) J.P. COME HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12) GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

With Peters, playoffs are a strong possibility.

Preston seems like a decent Center.

Have not seen much of the 1st team D together this summer. Hard to tell but should be much better.

It was nice to see WR getting open consistently. Nice to see crossing patterns after all these years.

Some more one line observation

1. John Wendling is going to be a good player down the road for the Bills this season.

2. Youbouty distinguished himself and probably makes the cut.

3. Deion was all praise for Leodis and thinks he will be a very good NFL player.

4. It looks like the Bills took off the TE package from yesterdays game. Not sure if they are preserving them for the regular season or is it due to JP inability to find a TE that forced Turk to take those plays off. It seems Trent always finds the TE and when JP is in, they are gone.

5. The LBs were still invisible in the game. This is a group that is yet to distinguish themselves prior to the season. May be the absence of Crowell is being felt.

6. Adam Schefter reports that Jauron and the Bills are negotiating a contract extension. I thought Jauron was signed to a 4 year deal.

7. Jackson and Hall had good game running the ball. Wright might be the odd man out.

1. Quarter back is looking pretty good with a starter, first rate backup and promising rookie

2. Offensive line is going to be scary.

3. Marshawn may very well have a pro-bowl season.

Who's the rookie? Hamdan is in his 3rd year and Baker is in his 2nd. Do we have a 5th QB the team is hiding from us?

Thought I'd never say this as well Bill but Preston has gotten better. I know Fowler had offseason shoulder surgery but Preston has been getting VERY early playing time this preseason.....hmmmm. Also remember, it was Preston's SHOTGUN snaps that caused the jailbreaks in Pittsburg and drew the wrath of the board. If he has improved in that department, he actually gives us more size at the position and could be a surprise starter there. DID I JUST SAY THAT?!?!?!?!?! I gotta get coffee, I see ya's a little later. :wallbash:

The new O reinforces for me just how stinking bad Steve Fairchild was last year. I remember Josh Reed saying after a game last year he couldn't understand how they could be so bad with the talent they had. He knew. The ratio of talent to results last year was mystifying, but consider:

Last night the first team looked pretty good

• With JP at QB
  • W/o Peters on the line
  • W/o James Hardy in the lineup

Yeah, Turk stepped into a good spot, as almost anything will be a huge improvement over Stevie Blunder. That said, I get the feeling TS could be a smart, sound and creative OC in his own right.

Hope he doesn't demand a new contract next year.

I couldn't watch the game, but I'm not too impressed with the yards per carry numbers I've been looking at. I guess Freddie's 4.3 isn't too bad...but dang.

It's misleading. We basically packed it in and ran the entire second half. The Colts just stacked the box. Even though Wright's stats look bad, I thought he ran pretty well considering there were eleven guys in the box.

I also liked our 2 or 3 runs out of the 4-WR set (one by Lynch, which was called back for holding).

I couldn't watch the game, but I'm not too impressed with the yards per carry numbers I've been looking at. I guess Freddie's 4.3 isn't too bad...but dang.

Wright was running in the 4th Qtr to run the clock out and the Colts knew it. I thought Wright ran pretty well.

4. It looks like the Bills took off the TE package from yesterdays game. Not sure if they are preserving them for the regular season or is it due to JP inability to find a TE that forced Turk to take those plays off. It seems Trent always finds the TE and when JP is in, they are gone.

Looked like they were protecting Walker from Freeney with more TE help. But I believe JP's first pass was to Royal.

5. The LBs were still invisible in the game. This is a group that is yet to distinguish themselves prior to the season. May be the absence of Crowell is being felt.

Crowell played last night.

I would add that the defense as a whole played a pretty good game, except for a couple mind farts and O-Line looked really solid even without Peters in. Also, I saw on NFL network this morning that Walker's X-Rays came back negative, so that's good news...