Brett Favre a Bill?

Frez

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ha, look what I found out on espn:

AFC East

Buffalo Bills: The Bills appear committed to the young Trent Edwards. Favre would be an upgrade at this point, sure. But the Bills are not close to being a Super Bowl contender, and developing Edwards should be the priority.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/stor...&id=3474482

Ha, look what I found out on espn:

AFC East

Buffalo Bills: The Bills appear committed to the young Trent Edwards. Favre would be an upgrade at this point, sure. But the Bills are not close to being a Super Bowl contender, and developing Edwards should be the priority.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/stor...&id=3474482

Baltimore is more attractive than Buffalo?!!? From a team standpoint?!?!?! Tampa Bay as well?!?!?! If you just went up and down the rosters (removing homer glasses), wouldn't you say Buffalo has a more attractive roster?

I would.

I know Favre aint comin' here, but I'm just sayin'.........

FWIW, Mike and Mike (ESPN Radio) discussed this briefly this a.m. They listed 6 teams they thought might be a good fit for Farv-ruh:

NFC:

Packers

Vikings

Bears

Bucs

Panthers

AFC:

Bills

Their rationale for Buffalo was they thought the Bills are closer to the playoffs than a team like Baltimore, and a veteran QB presence like Favre could push them over the top.

Not saying I agree with them, but that's what they said.

It seems most here think the Bills are on the verge of a playoff run, right? Couldn't Favre be that "piece" to put us over the top? Lets assume good health in all key areas for arguments sake. Aren't we really just an experienced QB away from playing with the big boys? I'm going to assume a lot here.......just for giggles.

1) Stroud improves us immeasurably on D making all factions around him better.

2) The OL becomes an even more cohesive unit and builds on last years successes

3) The tall, rangy redzone target now on board in Hardy.

4) STs....nuff said

5) ML prepared to become that 3 down RB possessing all you'd want your RB to be. (ala TT)

Yeah, put me on the list of those who think Favre would accelerate the process to success. Not to mention the refreshing fire it would light under his a$$. He would thrive in this type of " I'll show you all" situation.

I'm not trying to crusade here, though it might seem that way to some of you. Just speculating.

How would you feel if Buffalo signed Brett Favre to a 2 year deal in Buffalo next week?

Like they screwed up the entire team & salary cap structure, that's how I'd feel. If Favre comes back this year, I guarantee Edwards will have a better season.

FWIW, Mike and Mike (ESPN Radio) discussed this briefly this a.m. They listed 6 teams they thought might be a good fit for Farv-ruh:

NFC:

Packers

Vikings

Bears

Bucs

Panthers

AFC:

Bills

Their rationale for Buffalo was they thought the Bills are closer to the playoffs than a team like Baltimore, and a veteran QB presence like Favre could push them over the top.

Didn't they also include the Redskins as a potential in the NFC? They cited uncertainty with young Campbell, a backup who won 4 straight to get them to the playoffs, and an owner who likes the "big splash" signing.

Didn't Baltimore learn anything with the Steve McNair experiment? :unsure:

Did you happen to see BF play last year. Quite productive, wouldn't you say? The pieces in Baltimore are clearly not as good as Buffalo's. Including the OL, the only edge the Ravens have is at TE, even then Heap can't stay on the field.

How would you feel if Buffalo signed Brett Favre to a 2 year deal in Buffalo next week?

If and this is a big IF, it happened, I would be pleased as punch, only because my best friend is a die-hard Packers fan and I would buy a #4 Favre Bills jersey just to see him sob uncontrollably when I wear it around him.

That alone tells me this deal must be done. :unsure: