Brett Favre a Bill?

Frez

Oh yeah, I agree, him playing just about anywhere has its' value, particularly the Jets. I posted in another thread, teams that would really benefit from him the most (Vikings, Bears, Panthers) all reside in the NFC, and there is no way that the Packers will allow that. If they deal him (I know they won't cut him), it will be to an AFC team. All of the good AFC teams have established vetran QB's. The ony teams, you could maybe make an argument for (mainly because both were playoff teams just two seasons ago) are the Jets and the Ravens. I have said all along, Favre should stay in Green Bay, but, if he played anywhere else, it would be for the Jets. The Chiefs are a bad team. Favre, at best, would make them an 8-8 team.

The Bills are, IMO, just a notch below the surface in the playoff race. Favre might be a big enough difference maker for them (he does have a knack for getting a lot of production out of good, not great receivers), but, as a Bills fan, I know it is pointless to think about that. He could come to WNY, ala Doug Flutie, and "save the franchise", or make them more marketable to the Toronot audience. Either way, it won't happen. Besides, the I get the feeling the Bills are in good hands with Edwards.

My preidictions, he ends up in:

4- Baltimore

3- NY Jets

2- Green Bay

1- at home, cheering against the Packers, from his couch

***If Matt Haseelback gets hurt anytime during the season, the resting Brett Favre might be traded to the Seahawhs, to wind his career down, along with Holmgren. If Vinny T was considered a need by a team last season, anything can happen.

What an impressive post!

I love the point you touched upon wrt "franchise saving." This football team will be a winning franchise the very second that we develop a good young qb, concentrate on both lines (instead of the secondary), and hire a coach with a clue.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What an impressive post!

I love the point you touched upon wrt "franchise saving." This football team will be a winning franchise the very second that we develop a good young qb, concentrate on both lines (instead of the secondary), and hire a coach with a clue.

I am willing to give Jauron the benefit of a doubt. I always kind of liked him, and really wanted him as our HC when they hired Gregg Williams. However, the game day decisions were kind of mind boggling at times, the last two seasons. Mainly on the offensive side. I have heard that Jauron is the type of HC that "lets his coaches coach". If that is the case, there were a few times, particularly in the first half of the season, that he should have throttled Fairchild.

I am cautiously optimisitic that Turk Schonert is going to be a very good offensieve coordinator. I think Edwards is a very smart kid, and will be able to handle whatever Schonert throws his way. I am not scared, at all, about TE's percieved lack of arm strength. I think his arm is fine. Maybe the snow thing is a little bit of a concern, but, again, I think he is smart enough, he will have learned from last year. However, if Schonert, mysteriously, calls the same kind of game that Steve Fairchild did, I will be more inclined to wish for the end of the Jauron era. But for 2008, my mind is open...

I am willing to give Jauron the benefit of a doubt. I always kind of liked him, and really wanted him as our HC when they hired Gregg Williams. However, the game day decisions were kind of mind boggling at times, the last two seasons. Mainly on the offensive side. I have heard that Jauron is the type of HC that "lets his coaches coach". If that is the case, there were a few times, particularly in the first half of the season, that he should have throttled Fairchild.

I am cautiously optimisitic that Turk Schonert is going to be a very good offensieve coordinator. I think Edwards is a very smart kid, and will be able to handle whatever Schonert throws his way. I am not scared, at all, about TE's percieved lack of arm strength. I think his arm is fine. Maybe the snow thing is a little bit of a concern, but, again, I think he is smart enough, he will have learned from last year. However, if Schonert, mysteriously, calls the same kind of game that Steve Fairchild did, I will be more inclined to wish for the end of the Jauron era. But for 2008, my mind is open...

Good couple of posts. I like both Edwards and Jauron too, although I will say that if Favre played for the Bills, he's good for at least a couple of extra victories.

Oh yeah, I agree, him playing just about anywhere has its' value, particularly the Jets. I posted in another thread, teams that would really benefit from him the most (Vikings, Bears, Panthers) all reside in the NFC, and there is no way that the Packers will allow that. If they deal him (I know they won't cut him), it will be to an AFC team. All of the good AFC teams have established vetran QB's. The ony teams, you could maybe make an argument for (mainly because both were playoff teams just two seasons ago) are the Jets and the Ravens. I have said all along, Favre should stay in Green Bay, but, if he played anywhere else, it would be for the Jets. The Chiefs are a bad team. Favre, at best, would make them an 8-8 team.

The Bills are, IMO, just a notch below the surface in the playoff race. Favre might be a big enough difference maker for them (he does have a knack for getting a lot of production out of good, not great receivers), but, as a Bills fan, I know it is pointless to think about that. He could come to WNY, ala Doug Flutie, and "save the franchise", or make them more marketable to the Toronto audience. Either way, it won't happen. Besides, I get the feeling the Bills are in good hands with Edwards.

My preidictions, he ends up in:

4- Baltimore

3- NY Jets

2- Green Bay

1- at home, cheering against the Packers, from his couch

***If Matt Haseelback gets hurt anytime during the season, the resting Brett Favre might be traded to the Seahawhs, to wind his career down, along with Holmgren. If Vinny T was considered a need by a team last season, anything can happen.

Packers may not want Brett in the NFC North - but it could be out of their control.

Any team they trade Brett to can make a 2nd trade and send him to Minn, Detroit or Chicago.

That team would get a pick as compensation for brokering the deal.

Brett Favre playing in Buffalo to me is not a bad idea.( as the backup) It would be like a breath of fresh air to him.

He would be great in the locker room and if needed, great on the field. :ph34r:

In my opinion, Favre has not had a good team for a long time and this just in folks, the Buffalo Bills have a good team.

I like JP Losman allot, but don't think his heart is in Buffalo any more and I dont blame him at all for wanting to be traded.

Its not a bad idea and not only that, I'll bet JP would be a good fit in Green Bay. <_<

Brett isn't coming back from retirement to ride the bench in Buffalo. By his own admission, tutoring the young guys is not his strong suit. Oh, and as far as being on a bad team, the Pack were in the conference championship game last year.

here's my 2 cents. i posted this on another site and some of these points were already touched on, but here's what i wrote.

guys, i think the good outweighs the bad. check dis out.

1. brett gets to come to buffalo with a good pass blocking o line and an overall greatly improved team with images of playoffs dancing in their heads. he gets to throw to lee evans and hardy with lynch in the backfield. he also has a great st and improved defense. he also comes to a great small market team much like the packers and plays in pretty much the same climate.

2. he still has the stats and athleticism to play the game at least 1 more season. 4th in most yards last season, 356/535 for 4,155 yards with 28 td's and 15 ints.

Brett will limit his options (assuming he has a choice) to teams that run the same type of system he has spent his entire career in. He is not interested in coming back to learn a new offense. Does Turk run this system? Guess that rules Buffalo out.

So, opinions contrary to yours are hairbrained? Am I reading this correctly?

Why yes, they are. Especially when the logic in making a move is to make the Bills "relevant" in the NFL. What the heck does being relevant have to do with winning? We were relevant when we traded our #1 for Drew Bledsoe. The media praised us for it. Now how did that work out?

I'll take my chances with our young growing team. Let some other team roll the dice on Favre.

PTR

Why yes, they are. Especially when the logic in making a move is to make the Bills "relevant" in the NFL. What the heck does being relevant have to do with winning? We were relevant when we traded our #1 for Drew Bledsoe. The media praised us for it. Now how did that work out?

I'll take my chances with our young growing team. Let some other team roll the dice on Favre.

PTR

Point being, you become relevant when you win. Something we haven't done in a long time. I don't want BF as a side show, I want him here to win. I believe he would do that.

Brett isn't coming back from retirement to ride the bench in Buffalo. By his own admission, tutoring the young guys is not his strong suit. Oh, and as far as being on a bad team, the Pack were in the conference championship game last year.

Brett will limit his options (assuming he has a choice) to teams that run the same type of system he has spent his entire career in. He is not interested in coming back to learn a new offense. Does Turk run this system? Guess that rules Buffalo out.

MaCarthy's system is a brand new one in GB and the Pack FO was astonished how quickly Favre picked it up and ran it.

? - They've had one (!) losing season since he became the starter in 1992, have an overall record of 161-95 (.628 winning percentage), and he had one of the two or three best season of his career last year (highest completion pct. and highest YPA).

I'd say he played on one bad team, and it had very poor overall talent on offense (the 06 Pack). Typically, they've been a playoff team (11 out of his 16 seasons).

Wow, I thought they had a few bad years under Favre. Guess not, my apologies. I do remember when he came up here in 06' & IMHO pretty much cost the pack the game with his dumb decisions.

Wow, I thought they had a few bad years under Favre. Guess not, my apologies. I do remember when he came up here in 06' & IMHO pretty much cost the pack the game with his dumb decisions.

He's a risk taker, so that'll happen on occasion. But his approach to the game certainly brings more good than bad. He's fun to watch too. Having said this, I think there's virtually no chance he'll wind up on the Bills.

as a football fan i want to see favre on the vikings putting up huge numbers.

as a bills fan i want to see him lose to the cowpukes in the nfc championship and then the cowgirls lose the BILLS in the big dance with romo the homo getting sacked 8 times and throwing 8 picks.

BS

Granted, I didn't hear it from McCarthy's mouth. Not that interested in the Pack. It was a topic discussed at length last week on ESPN's daily NFL Live show. I know the network gets flamed here every day, but fabricating data and/or flat out lies/BS doesn't make any sense..