Copy of Marshawn's Police Report

We're talking 3:30 in the morning and you all really think she was just strolling along? Has anyone even considered the fact that whoever was driving, if actually going at a decent speed, could have thought someone was trying to jump out at them and get in the car? You might laugh at that, but there was damage on the side door, not the front, that means she stepped into the path of the vehicle.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

But what exactly qualifies as damage though? Could a scratch end up being marked on that report? How easy is it to break a headlight? That could qualify as the broken piece found at the scene. Either way, its not a good thing, but I don't know how much can be told from that report.

The report only qualifies location, not extent. And yes, a broken light and scratched panel could be (would be, usually, for insurance purposes) indicated on there. Has been for every minor accident I've ever seen.

We're talking 3:30 in the morning and you all really think she was just strolling along? Has anyone even considered the fact that whoever was driving, if actually going at a decent speed, could have thought someone was trying to jump out at them and get in the car? You might laugh at that, but there was damage on the side door, not the front, that means she stepped into the path of the vehicle.

holy crap.

OK...you guys see the numbers on the sides of the police report? That is code for for what the courts look at. You need to have a key to show what each number represents. I just happen to have that key! It may lead to some interesting information.....I'll post it when I can....

I have the key too.

The only notable thing I see is that the pedestrian had the light.

The report only qualifies location, not extent. And yes, a broken light and scratched panel could be (would be, usually, for insurance purposes) indicated on there. Has been for every minor accident I've ever seen.

Does the fact that the point of impact is different from the place with the most damage tell you anything?

I think he's protecting whoever was really driving the car. His lawyer is OOT and obviously can't get back soon so he's told Marshawn to shut up. I think when his lawyer gets into town they'll talk to the police and possibly prove it wasn't Marshawn and refuse to help the investigation as far as who was driving. I think the police's comment about his "obstructing" justice says a lot.

I would be shocked if Marshawn's attorney let him utter a peep at any point in this investigation. If he did, he is a horrible attorney. It is plain to see that the police don't have enough to charge Marshawn. If they did, it would have been done by now. You can't be criminally charged for being the registered owner of a vehicle involved in a hit and run. Though, you have civil liability. The cops are hoping Marshawn proves their case for them by giving up the ghost. Otherwise, this case is going nowhere without a witness to put Marshawn as the driver when the crash occurred (or moments before the crash). You wouldn't think that would be too hard, since I am sure he stands out in a crowd pretty easily. Without this information, and without Marshawn admitting anything - case closed.

With regards to the statement by police that Marshawn may face an obstructing charge: BS. One can't be charged criminally for invoking a Constitutional right. Sure, it looks bad in the court of public opinion if Marshawn doesn't step up and say something, and that it was the police are banking on. But, we are guaranteed certain rights which are the basis of what this country was founded on. One of those is the right against self-incrimination.

With all that being said, one who leaves the scene of any crash is a spineless scumbag.

Yeah those football players musta been terrified.

I would be shocked if Marshawn's attorney let him utter a peep at any point in this investigation. If he did, he is a horrible attorney. It is plain to see that the police don't have enough to charge Marshawn. If they did, it would have been done by now. You can't be criminally charged for being the registered owner of a vehicle involved in a hit and run. Though, you have civil liability. The cops are hoping Marshawn proves their case for them by giving up the ghost. Otherwise, this case is going nowhere without a witness to put Marshawn as the driver when (or moments before the crash). You wouldn't think that would be too hard, since I am sure he stands out in a crown pretty easily. Without this information, and without Marshawn admitting anything - case closed.

With regards to the statement by police that Marshawn may face an obstructing charge: BS. One can't be charged criminally for invoking a Constitutional right. Sure, it looks bad in the court of public opinion if Marshawn doesn't step up and say something, and that it was the police are banking on. But, we are guaranteed certain rights which are the basis of what this country was founded on. One of those is the right against self-incrimination.

With all that being said, one who leaves the scene of any crash is a spineless scumbag.

Excellent post...all tied together in the last sentence though.

If you hit a female and break a piece of your car off doing so, it isn't a graze.

Just look at the articles. The girl was bruised all around her hip, had multiple cuts and was treated. There are multiple witnesses claiming the car hit her but good, stopped for a moment, then sped off.

I once was in a fender bender at 10 mph and didn't get a scratch on my car. They impounded Lynch's car. They don't do that unless they are going to bring the hammer down on someone. I think yesterday was a fluff conference, but they want to give the public fair warning that Lynch will be arrested unless someone fesses up. At the very least the girl that was hit is going to cash in if she wants to.

I don't know who was driving, but you don't leave the scene. You just don't. Last year a 10 year old girl ran into the side of my wife's car while she was driving. Yes, never looked while running across the street and ran right into the side of our car. My wife stayed, took the heat and it all got resolved with no problems. No lawyers. The girl had worse injuries than this other person. Guarantee you that had my wife fled the scene, the outcome would have been different.

I don't know who was driving, but you don't leave the scene. You just don't. Last year a 10 year old girl ran into the side of my wife's car while she was driving. Yes, never looked while running across the street and ran right into the side of our car. My wife stayed, took the heat and it all got resolved with no problems. No lawyers. The girl had worse injuries than this other person. Guarantee you that had my wife fled the scene, the outcome would have been different.

Contrary to popular belief, Cops are people too and will use common sense occasionally. As long as Marshawn's eyes weren't rolling back into his head, there was a good chance everyone would rally around the injured party and the situation would take care of itself. For most people, what happened to your wife would trigger an instinct that a fellow human being needs help and is in danger. That is why no matter what all the legal scholars on TBD seem to think, the bottom line is you have to go to a pretty scuzzy place in your mind to leave an injured person behind to suffer.

I am still hoping that if Marshawn is the "innocent playful puppy dog" that he likes to portray, this will be heavy in his head and he will eventually do the right thing and admit it was a stupid move to leave. Heck, it would be pretty easy to blame it on all those rookie seminars the NFL pumps into their head about staying out of trouble.

Marshawn lets other people drive his car, especially WOMEN

People I know have friends who are "dating him" and have bragged in the past about how he let them drive his car.

That doesn't mean that he was NOT driving, BUT it is possible that he is protecting some friend.

Contrary to popular belief, Cops are people too and will use common sense occasionally. As long as Marshawn's eyes weren't rolling back into his head, there was a good chance everyone would rally around the injured party and the situation would take care of itself.

That is easy for you to say when you are not a multi-millionaire in the public eye in a sue-happy society. Marshawn has A LOT more to lose than most people, and while driving away is not admirable or ever the right thing to do, it has certainly made the burden of proof extremely difficult for the fuzz.

Let's face the facts...At 3pm he probably stops and makes sure all is well. At 3am, well, he (or whomever was driving) may have been buzzed which certainly effects driving and decision making. Thoughts come rushing in of suspensions and fines and voided contracts, it's probably very easy to get spooked and just get the hell out of dodge. Again, not a good reason to leave the scene, but it is a reason.

There's a lot of "what if's" but if he had a good idea it was more of a "clip" than a "thud," he possibly felt that the chick would be ok and just bolted. Certainly a POS move, but saying "everything would take care of itself if he stayed" is a major stretch. Somebody could see neon dollar signs once they see Lynch get out of his car and all of the sudden it's a neck/back/spine/ injury and wheelchair confinement for life (or at least until the court case is over.)

I have very strong feelings regarding people who hit a pedestrian and flee the scene. It's probably because my favorite uncle - my father's only brother - was killed this way on Hertel Avenue. The phrase "driver fled scene without stopping" in the police report was all I needed to see. You don't have the RIGHT to say "he's probably OK ... and anyhow I'm a little buzzed." That's the whole point. You stop. Every time, regardless of the circumstances. The @sshole that hit my uncle was probably buzzed - and made the same decision. And while he escaped jail time, he reserved a nice spot in hell for himself.

I have very strong feelings regarding people who hit a pedestrian and flee the scene. It's probably because my favorite uncle - my father's only brother - was killed this way on Hertel Avenue. The phrase "driver fled scene without stopping" in the police report was all I needed to see. You don't have the RIGHT to say "he's probably OK ... and anyhow I'm a little buzzed." That's the whole point. You stop. Every time, regardless of the circumstances. The @sshole that hit my uncle was probably buzzed - and made the same decision. And while he escaped jail time, he reserved a nice spot in hell for himself.

Sad to hear this. This is how I feel about this. Who ever was driving needs to confess and take what they deserve. Marshawn knows who it was. He needs to man up and tell what he knows.

Sad to hear this. This is how I feel about this. Who ever was driving needs to confess and take what they deserve. Marshawn knows who it was. He needs to man up and tell what he knows.

Say you were involved in this situation and it was your brother or a close cousin that was the driver...Would you "man up" and sell him out to the police especially knowing now that the woman wasn't severely injured? Some people place family over the law.

It's easy to "make the right call" when it doesn't involve you remotely doesn't it?

Can we all let the facts come out before we tar and feather him out of town? Or are we just trying to save on air fare and book a charter flight for all the Bills that we want to run out so they can fly out together? Yeesh..